Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Submit Your X-Position Questions For Tom Taylor

Next week, "All-New Wolverine" writer Tom Taylor returns to X-POSITION to answer your questions. Have a question for Tom about Laura's ResurrXion adventure? Leave a comment in this thread -- but get 'em in quickly because the deadline's Friday! Make it happen!

I liked Gabby's uniform and have high expectations for her and laura but at the moment only have one question after all Laura and young Warren are still going to be together or not?

BANNED

Mr. Taylor,

I have a couple questions about the series going forward:

1) At long last Laura has finally gotten to reunite with her remaining family. Are we going to get to see more of Megan and Debbie in the future?

2) Are there any other reunions we can look forward to? In particular the New X-Men, who she hasn't really interacted with since Second Coming. She especially had close friendships with Mercury and Dust, but only briefly spoke with Dust after AvX, and hasn't really shared panel time with Cessily at all since New X-Men ended. And of course the inevitable will we ever get to see Laura and Julian at LEAST mend their friendship?

3) Now for a wicked slider after the BP fastballs: In the most recent arc Laura has finally put Kimura and the trigger scent behind her, both of which were two of the biggest sources of trauma in her past. However a big part of what has come to define Laura as a character is that she was able to develop a strong sense of idealism despite the terrible things she did — and had been done TO her — in the past. We've seen that she desperately wants something worth fighting for, which was a major development thread in the first volume of All-New X-Men, the Logan Legacy, Wolverines, and, presumably, her decision to take on the Wolverine mantle herself. Laura has certainly earned herself a bit of a break; her life has been one long stretch of heartbreak, pain, and suffering, which only really started to turn around with consistency after Avengers Arena. However the fact that she's managed to become a hero despite being a very damaged young woman has from her creation been a central aspect of her identity. It's a large part of why people have found her such an engaging and compelling character, and the fact that she was a victim of at times horrific physical and emotional — and I'll just out and say it: sexual — abuse makes her fight to overcome it and take back her life something that could serve as a positive example for readers who can relate to those experiences.

How would you say the recent developments of Enemy of the State will affect this aspect of Laura's identity in the future? Will we continue to see Laura as a work in progress, who is in a much better place but at times still has her bad days coping with the things she's experienced? Or is this all in the past now, and something that's not going to come up again?

4) And another one down the heart of the plate to close out: Speaking of her decision to take the cowl, are we ever going to get to see a flashback to the actual moment that led to it? Soule was building it up in the Death of Wolverine aftermath, but never actually reached that point. I feel in a way it kind of took away the impact of seeing her in the cowl the first time that we never actually got to see her say, "The world needs Wolverine in it. I can do this. I NEED to do this."
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 03-29-2017 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Mr. Taylor,

I have a couple questions about the series going forward:

2) Are there any other reunions we can look forward to? In particular the New X-Men, who she hasn't really interacted with since Second Coming. She especially had close friendships with Mercury and Dust, but only briefly interacted with Dust after AvX, and hasn't really shared panel time with Cessily at all since New X-Men ended. And of course the inevitable will we ever get to see Laura and Julian at LEAST mend their friendship?
    Never say these boards are unpredictable, you just beat me to asking this. #GiveLauraFriends2017

SNIK-ITY SNIKT! Pandarifically Delusional's Avatar

Mr. Taylor,

The Laura/Warren relationship has become a notable "bone of contention" amongst her fanbase (myself include, in regard to all the extreme hating of it). You've made a lot of favorable developments in regard to Laura's character. That said, is there any hope that "The Powers That Be" would allow you to bring it to an end, as it is just silly and unlike what the character would engage.
    (⊙ω⊙) My Spirit Animal is a Sloth. | PULLS: X-Men, Marauders, Beasts Of Burden, Saga | My Pinterest Tribute Page To Lily [2004-2018]: Link

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I liked Gabby's uniform and have high expectations for her and laura but at the moment only have one question after all Laura and young Warren are still going to be together or not?
    He answered that in his last X-Position. He has no intention of breaking them up, so yes they're still going to be together. He likes that they like each other so much and doesn't think their relationship makes less sense than anyone else's basically.

SNIK-ITY SNIKT! Pandarifically Delusional's Avatar

.........!!
    Last edited by Pandarifically Delusional; 03-29-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    (⊙ω⊙) My Spirit Animal is a Sloth. | PULLS: X-Men, Marauders, Beasts Of Burden, Saga | My Pinterest Tribute Page To Lily [2004-2018]: Link

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    He answered that in his last X-Position. He has no intention of breaking them up, so yes they're still going to be together. He likes that they like each other so much and doesn't think their relationship makes less sense than anyone else's basically.
    Does not seem to hit with X-men Prime seems Warren has other plans .

DB Cooper

Hello Mr. Taylor.

I'm loving your story so far and I love the new costume, Yost's X-force was what made me fall in love with Laura and the black and grey are definitely more in line with Laura's personality My question is will we ever see her interact with Daken again? He's out there somewhere and he's pretty much her brother and Wolverines biological son and once was wolverine (dark Wolverine) It'd be really interesting to see his take on Laura taking up his fathers mantle. He could be to her wolverine what sabertooth was to Logan. Or would he be an ally?

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Does not seem to hit with X-men Prime seems Warren has other plans .
    I'll be thrilled if they split. Taylor's just made it quite clear that he won't be the one to do it.

Hi Mr. Taylor, a couple questions:

Thus far Laura's supporting cast has primarily consisted of Gabby and Warren, with cameo appearances from other Marvel heroes and a figure or two from Logan's past. In past books, we've seen Laura develop close friendships with Kiden Nixon, Cessily Kincaid/Mercury, Sooraya Qadir/Dust, and Jubilee. We've also seen her grow close to and subsequently have a falling out with Julian Keller/Hellion and Jeanne Foucalt/Finesse. These friendships haven't been touched on since. What's your interest level in reuniting Laura with some of her long neglected friendships? There's also her 'brother' Daken, whose status is a big question mark post Secret Wars. Will he get to meet Gabby?

Will we see some of the emotional fallout from Laura breaking her no-kill rule to finish Kimura for good? Or is that story over and done with?
    Last edited by Beaubier; 03-29-2017 at 11:54 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Hi Mr. Taylor, a couple questions:

Thus far Laura's supporting cast has primarily consisted of Gabby and Warren, with cameo appearances from other Marvel heroes and a figure or two from Logan's past. In past books, we've seen Laura develop close friendships with Kiden Nixon, Cessily Kincaid/Mercury, Sooraya Qadir/Dust, and Jubilee. We've also seen her grow close to it subsequently have a falling out with Julian Keller/Hellion and Jeanne Foucalt/Finesse. These friendships haven't been touched on since. What's your interest level in reuniting Laura with some of her long neglected friendships? There's also her 'brother' Daken, whose status is a big question mark post Secret Wars. Will he get to meet Gabby?

Will we see some of the emotional fallout from Laura breaking her no-kill rule to finish Kimura for good? Or is that story over and done with?
    Damn, every time one of these comes up I mean to ask about the NYX kids, and I keep forgetting, lol. It always bugged me she never tried to get Li'l Bro to the school when she reconnected in the one-shot, where he could have worked with Xavier, Emma, or Rachel. Or to even just give Kiden and the others a home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Damn, every time one of these comes up I mean to ask about the NYX kids, and I keep forgetting, lol. It always bugged me she never tried to get Li'l Bro to the school when she reconnected in the one-shot, where he could have worked with Xavier, Emma, or Rachel. Or to even just give Kiden and the others a home.
    Quite frankly it has always bothered me how the narrative has Laura move on and seem to not give a fig about her friends, some of whom have nearly died for her. I blame the writers, not the character, but it's kind of hard to do when Laura has an established pattern of doing that.

Hello Mr Taylor! Firstly I would like to say I have really been enjoying your series. All-new Wolverine has not only been my favorite X-comic, but one of my all-time favorites. Long may it continue to grace the shelves! Anyway, I have a few questions...

1. I love her outfit as Wolverine, and I like the new one that is debuting in #19. I am curious though why you decided now was the time to give her a change, and why the colors reflect her time in X-Force. Seems a little odd perhaps that she is referencing that time of her life, give how much she has grown since then and especially given how Enemy of the State II really signified how she was in a place where killing was now a last resort.

2. One of the things I love about your book is the mixture of serious drama, claw-popping action and character humor. Is it hard to balance that out?

3. Last we saw Laura and Old Man Logan where not on very good terms, will we see them make amends in the future? It seems that Laura was important to Old Man Logan in the Wasteland future, and I would love to learn more about that.

4. Any chance Squirrel Girl can pop up again? Doreen and Laura make such a good team!

And finally...

5. Will Johnathan be getting a costume? Go on... give the wolverine a costume...
    Last edited by Valamist; 03-29-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Hi Tom Taylor.
    I've been thoroughly enjoying All-New Wolverine, and would argue that it's easily the best X-Men title that came out post Secret Wars. A couple questions.

1. Although I thought the end of the Laura/Kimura conflict was dramatically effective, it does kind of leave Laura without a dedicated rival or villain. Any chance we'll see the rise of someone else to take her place, even if it won't be quite the same?

2. So we know that Laura's black suit is both better for stealth and bulletproof. Does it have any other features that we don't know about yet? Also, I love Gabby's new outfit. It's the perfect mix of intimidating, cute and tacky, which is so Gabby. Is there anything special about this outfit besides the new look?

3. Will we ever see that Jonathan story you hoped to put into the All-New Wolverine annual?

4. With both James Mangold and Dafne keen interested in continuing X-23's story in the movies (not to mention the very positive reception for X-23 in Logan), what do you hope to see for Laura's on-screen counterpart in the future?
    Last edited by healed1337; 03-29-2017 at 05:45 PM.