Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    It was Kitty's idea to take a new codename, she didn't say Kitty thought of the codename
    Maybe you're right but it really would make sense for Kitty to be responsible for the name and the uniforms since her sense of fashion has always been questionable .

Looking forward to seeing Kitty show her value as a leader and the phrase which everyone should be expecting:

To me, my X-men.

It feels so good to feel this emotion again after so many years with dark stories and threats of extinction.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    People here are too naive when it comes to Guggenheim. He perfected disastrous relationship drama on Arrow. And he is a Kittylossus shipper. He's not "putting an end" to that relationship speculation, but starting it. With disgusting "no means yes" dialogue where Kitty will keep saying no to Colossus' advances (he's done it twice now already) until she says yes.
    If this is in fact the approach guggenhiem intends on taking with how he has them get back together that's just wrong on so many levels really.

I'm really going to cringe if he has Peter guilt or pressure Katherine into getting back with him.

BANNED

So, in the first couple pages we have Rockslide lauding Kitty as leader (anyone else remember when he threw shade at her powers during Mercury Falling) and Rachel admitting Kitty convinced her to find a new codename, on top of the writer's own comments about the character. My Sue Alarm is going off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So, in the first couple pages we have Rockslide lauding Kitty as leader (anyone else remember when he threw shade at her powers during Mercury Falling) and Rachel admitting Kitty convinced her to find a new codename, on top of the writer's own comments about the character. My Sue Alarm is going off.
    It was already obvious from the way Guggs discussed her in interviews. Said she was a brilliant tactician, only person who could revive the X-Men, nobody was going to question her leadership, etc.

BANNED

Hopefully it's just for this first issue. She's been going for so long, Guggenheim is trying to overcompensate. If they do continue down this route though, Kitty is gonna have it hard amongst this board.

Marvel needs to understand that while it's ok to push certain characters/properties, don't do it by making said character/property one that is near perfect and adored by everyone. That creates too much backlash against said character/property.

BANNED

More bad news: https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/stat...29904987705344

Guggenheim is planning on retconning Kitty's fantastic stance on being a mutant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    She's been going for so long
    She's been gone for barely 1.5 years. There have been characters away for much longer.

Incredible Member

When did Armor fix her problem with being disconnected from her armor-projection after she was forcibly teleported out of it?

Kitty and Peter seem a lot like Storm and Forge in EXM. Not a good comparison.
    Poor Rachel aka 'Prestige'. Being led astray by her NOT!best friend.
    Last edited by nx01a; 03-30-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I like it so far. Will definitely be giving the first few issues a try.

BANNED

She's been gone for barely 1.5 years. There have been characters away for much longer.
    Yeah, but no of them were awarded title of leader upon returning without even asking for it. Cyclops and Storm are the best leaders they've ever had, so suddenly Kitty getting so much praise without having done anything yet is not deserved.

Guggenheim is planning on retconning Kitty's fantastic stance on being a mutant.
    Can you expand on this? Having problems with twitter so can't read it myself. :/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Hopefully that's what it is. Guggenheim getting that one right out of the way so it's crystal clear.
    That's what it reads like to me. It's addressed up front and it's done.

the name thing stands out to me because if Kitty encouraged Rachel to change her codename how did she forget it in the other preview when she accidentally calls her Rachel and then corrects herself by saying Prestige. I think Rachel is trying to blame the name on Kitty in case people say it sucks.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

More bad news: https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/stat...29904987705344

Oh. I'm sure this will be fun.

BANNED

People here are too naive when it comes to Guggenheim. He perfected disastrous relationship drama on Arrow. And he is a Kittylossus shipper. He's not "putting an end" to that relationship speculation, but starting it. With disgusting "no means yes" dialogue where Kitty will keep saying no to Colossus' advances (he's done it twice now already) until she says yes.
    I don't think he'll write Kitty as someone who will be badgered and then passively go along with what Piotr asks. I think he'll write Kitty the way he wrote Felicity. This X-book will become Kitty and Friends. It'll be all about Kitty's feelings, Kitty's relationships, and the villains will be the type that only Kitty can beat.