Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Maybe Tean Jean made Rachel's costume? She made her Extraordinary one, if I'm not mistaken, and that was...

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I agree with that.

Someone on Twitter asked if it would be explained how Kitty went from Bendis' "I'm a Mutant and peope need to deal with it, **** off Havok" to "I don't want to be seen as a Mutant". Guggs replied with "That's the plan!"
    When did she say she didn't want to be seen as a mutant? (Serious question- I must have missed it).

Her wanting to move the school to Central Park, to me, says "mutant, proud, and in your face." So I don't know if she willl be regressing from what she said under bendis.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Preview would have been a lot better if Piotr had just said that he was inviting her to dinner as just friends instead of Guggenheim having him be the sad and creepy ex.

Not sure why writers feel the need to add relationship drama when they barely have enough pages to tell the meat of a story.

Fans certainly aren't asking for this type of drama are they?
    Writers tell the story they want to tell, not what fans ask for. And I'm happy for that.

That being said, I don't doubt that they want their story to succeed. But writing is art and fans' job is only to enjoy or to not enjoy- not dictate the artist's agenda.

(This is all my opinion on it anyway!).
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    It was Kitty's idea to take a new codename, she didn't say Kitty thought of the codename
    As Rachel's friend, Kitty should have told her the costume and codename were terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    As Rachel's friend, Kitty should have told her the costume and codename were terrible.
    Kitty likes bad costumes. Maybe she finds this one sexy on Rachel

I love Rachel's costume except the mask. I'm digging the red Phoenix boots and the small cape, although I do wish the gold fasteners on her shoulders were either X symbols or had some kind of design engraved on them. I love how the red part of her costume forms an arrow design. Red and black work well for her.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Kitty probably chose them for Rachel, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Writers tell the story they want to tell, not what fans ask for. And I'm happy for that.

That being said, I don't doubt that they want their story to succeed. But writing is art and fans' job is only to enjoy or to not enjoy- not dictate the artist's agenda.

(This is all my opinion on it anyway!).
    This is an oversimplification because sometimes writers and Marvel do think about what the fan's want. There is no such absolutes particularly when you are trying to make a profit off your art. A lot of people try to find the balance between their artistic vision and what the customer demands.

And my job as a consumer is to provide feedback on the art. And my feedback is that the Piotr stuff was cringe worthy and I don't think consumers want to read that ****.
    Last edited by remydat; 03-31-2017 at 08:08 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I would prefer Rachel as Phoenix but we all know it will be Teen Jeans after the Inhumans and Avengers save it from Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    What is with the expressions in this book? I'm sorry, this was an issue#12 emergency fill-in level quality art. For a third-tier publisher. For a #1 at MARVEL COMICS for what was once the premium franchise in all comics? Embarrassing.
    ^^This^^

All the previews, all of the dialogue..everything said about it in interviews..the designs, the costumes..the art..everything about this title is embarassing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Kitty probably chose them for Rachel, too.
    I think Kitty designed everyone's new terrible costumes. She got lazy near the end so Kurt just got his old one again and OML was handed Gambit's crusty old coat.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Rachel looking great here.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This is an oversimplification because sometimes writers and Marvel do think about what the fan's want. There is no such absolutes particularly when you are trying to make a profit off your art. A lot of people try to find the balance between their artistic vision and what the customer demands.

And my job as a consumer is to provide feedback on the art. And my feedback is that the Piotr stuff was cringe worthy and I don't think consumers want to read that ****.
    Yes, finding balance, which I said in my post. So we agree there. They do seek that balance.

But thankfully (hopefully) their desire to tell the story they want to tell wins out.

Fantastic Member

disappointed on the characterization of Piotr there, hearkens too close to the character assassination by Ellis in Excalibur. It would've been hilarious if he was going to say something to the effect of "no, seriously, just as friends. I know it's awkward as hell to be on a team again, and wanted to break the ice with something innocuous." and then a callback to the "this is why I don't make jokes, I never know when it's appropriate" from Whedon's run.

I still think they can have chemistry as a couple, and I don't think I'm alone in that. But too many bad writers, too many writers with an agenda, have left the relationship too toxic to pursue at this point (or possibly ever, outside a reboot).

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Yes, finding balance, which I said in my post. So we agree there. They do seek that balance.

But thankfully (hopefully) their desire to tell the story they want to tell wins out.
    Not if it's a shitty story. Not all art is good and I'm saying the Piotr stuff was not good. That's kind of why you have editors or consumers or other stakeholders. So that they can provide feedback on your artistic vision and a good artist if they want to make money will adjust their vision if they receive feedback that their vision doesn't resonate with the audience. Art isn't static nor does it come solely from the artist's vision. The best and most profitable art is usually the result of an artist's vision being focused and tempered by the people around him helping him figure out what works and what doesn't. The Piotr stuff simply doesn't work IMO. It's not some Vincent Van Gogh piece. It's a comic. Part of the reason the comic industry had declined is because the creators are ignoring the people they are creating the art for and those people have stopped buying and reading.
    Last edited by remydat; 03-31-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.