Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 79
  1. #46
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Have you not heard of the United States or?
    Umm, that was my point. The USA abolished slavery long before the Inhumans did, and that's still a painful history that is relevant to the way the USA currently operates. Yet with the Inhumans it was totally ignored.

    Anyway, I'm done discussing this with you. I don't think I've ever heard you admit to the Royals having any type of flaws. That gives me more reason to NOT support the Inhumans. I detest Mary Sue characters that are perfect.

    I read posts like DocSonic's and think to myself: Finally! Someone admits the Royals aren't perfect! That makes me want to give Inhumans a chance. Then I see posts like yours and that goes away. :/

  2. #47
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    7,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Umm, that was my point. The USA abolished slavery long before the Inhumans did, and that's still a painful history that is relevant to the way the USA currently operates. Yet with the Inhumans it was totally ignored.

    Anyway, I'm done discussing this with you. I don't think I've ever heard you admit to the Royals having any type of flaws. That gives me more reason to NOT support the Inhumans. I detest Mary Sue characters that are perfect.

    I read posts like DocSonic's and think to myself: Finally! Someone admits the Royals aren't perfect! That makes me want to give Inhumans a chance. Then I see posts like yours and that goes away. :/
    I've never said the royals are perfect, I've also never subscribed to the idea that Alpha Primitives need to be dragged up in every run of the series to remind you slavery happened. It'd be like me asking where the Morlocks are and why aren't they in every issue of X-Men.

    Soule's run at multiple points showed us the Royals are completely fallible and imperfect, only really noticeable if you've ... you know ... read it.

    As for building themselves up, again, on the backs of minorities I'd encourage re-reading the prelude to IVX which actively disproves your claim. If you've got a problem with the Inhumans rescuing mutants and researching an m-pox cure then fine, doesn't change the fact it happened.

  3. #48
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Thanks for your input DocSonic. I think you and RedRunner are the only Inhuman fans that don't act like their sh*t doesn't stink. Unfortunately your voices get drowned out by those who think they are never wrong.

  4. #49
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    7,083

    Default

    Back to people who read the books I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I like how medusa acknowledged her and the royals mistakes for putting tradition over the lives of others I believe it was truly heartfelt and touching her acknowledging this and reading it that is mostly because Ewing's talent as a writer especially with scripting dialouge.
    I agree, Ewing seems like he's going to try and round the characters out more by bringing more of their history into play. It's why I really hope we see the Universal Inhumans, we know we're seeing the kree especially Ronan. Considering the Inhumans abandoned the kree and Hala was destroyed shortly after I can't imagine Ronan is a fan of the royals anymore.

  5. #50
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Even if the Inhumans didn't have a telepath of their own, or if they failed, they'd still be able to get hold of a mind reader. Iso could call Kamala (the Inhumans' go-to girl for superhero connections), who would tell Cyclops (her Champions teammate), who would send Jean. It would be a chance for the Inhuman and mutant communities to show that they can co-operate.
    Except Inhumans Royals have strong enough mental shields to keep Emma Frost out without help of the Cuckoo's. Dont see any single telepath pulling info out of the mind of Maximus the MAd

  6. #51
    Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    Most notable to me about Inhumans Prime is that it appears that Ewing has been given a lot more freedom to let the Inhumans be true to themselves warts and all. It's not X-Men Light at all... perhaps more like X-Men Dark.
    Throughout his entire tenure on Inhumans, Charles Soule didn't (or wasn't allowed to) acknowledge Attilan's shameful history of being a former slave state; yet Ewing does so right off the bat. Likewise the whole reframing The Royals as being innocent over the deaths brought about by the Terrigen Cloud was also thrown out.
    My guess is that the editorial push to broaden the appeal of the Inhumans has been loosened... thus giving Ewing the leeway to portray the Inhumans more akin to how they were depicted in Silent War, Realm of Kings et cetera. I think this will be a very good thing. The intrigue of the Inhumans has often been because of their many flaws, not despite them.
    I think even so Ewing won't have that be the focus going forward having read Inhumans prime a few times over it at least implies that the intent is to have the royals move away from those traditions and the kree traditions and as much as people would prefer that they be isolatists who live in space it's not happening long term.

    What I'm trying to say is as much as Ewing is touching on this grim past of the royals I don't think Ewing or marvel intends on having them define them it's important to acknowledge that history and past but I think and I can see marvel and Ewing distancing the royals from that past which in my opinion is what I would prefer going forward.

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,712

    Default

    Obviously medusa's speech indicates that the royals will be distancing themselves from their past and I think more so when they return back to earth it's at least implied that they will be changing their ways in how the kingdom of new attilan functions and is acknowledging the mistakes she and the royals made in the past.

  8. #53
    Nuanced Nuhuman Blue Reloaded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Thanks for your input DocSonic. I think you and RedRunner are the only Inhuman fans that don't act like their sh*t doesn't stink. Unfortunately your voices get drowned out by those who think they are never wrong.
    Comments like this are why a lot of Inhuman fans respond defensively. You generalize over 95% of the fandom on this board because.... who knows why.

  9. #54
    Incredible Member Ra-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Triton felt Stark needed more severe comeuppance so he agreed to help Maximus blow up Stark Tower to provoke Stark and Medusa into war.



    Here's your problem.

    'sounds like' go read it for yourself.

    It's not hard to guess where the "X-Men light" criticism is coming from.

    There's nothing X-Men like in this issue, and unlike X-Men Prime this issue actually tells a consistent and good story that'll lead into Royals.

    Story:
    Inhumans Prime > X-Men Prime

    Art:
    Inhumans Prime < X-Men Prime.

  10. #55
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    Comments like this are why a lot of Inhuman fans respond defensively. You generalize over 95% of the fandom on this board because.... who knows why.
    Don't be a holy hypocrite. This is done on both sides. At least I'm not accusing all Inhuman fans of being "toxic" which is something I see a lot in the Inhuman threads. *cough*cough* Ianbareiles*cough*cough*

    Those 2 posters are the only ones on here I've seen admit that the Royals have ANY flaws or that they messed up in handling the terrigen cloud. It's feels so rare, I specifically remember them because I'm always shocked by their posts. They clearly love the Inhumans yet acknowledge their flaws and dark history. That makes them interesting to me. Posts like theirs make me want to get to know more instead of going on the defensive myself. I could say that Medusa's farts smell bad and posters like IronFist will go on for 40 pages about how I'm wrong, and how her farts are better than any ever produced by any XMEN.

  11. #56
    Nuanced Nuhuman Blue Reloaded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Thanks for your input DocSonic. I think you and RedRunner are the only Inhuman fans that don't act like their sh*t doesn't stink. Unfortunately your voices get drowned out by those who think they are never wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Don't be a holy hypocrite. This is done on both sides. At least I'm not accusing all Inhuman fans of being "toxic" which is something I see a lot in the Inhuman threads. *cough*cough* Ianbareiles*cough*cough*

    Those 2 posters are the only ones on here I've seen admit that the Royals have ANY flaws or that they messed up in handling the terrigen cloud.


    Say what? I think you need to pay better attention. Seren, MindofShadow, heck even Iron Fist all acknowlde the "darker" past of the Inhumans. In fact, I don't know any Inhuman fans that don't acknowledge their darker past--but many also ask what it has to do with this particular story. Meanwhile, there is a loud contingent of fans of another group that wants that to be the focus in every story because that's what those dirty Inhumans deserve.

    I find it funny you are doing exactly what you claim the Inhuman fans of doing.

    Regardless, your original comment does not help discourse and I don't know why you thought it was worth saying.

  12. #57
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    7,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Don't be a holy hypocrite. This is done on both sides. At least I'm not accusing all Inhuman fans of being "toxic" which is something I see a lot in the Inhuman threads. *cough*cough* Ianbareiles*cough*cough*

    Those 2 posters are the only ones on here I've seen admit that the Royals have ANY flaws or that they messed up in handling the terrigen cloud. It's feels so rare, I specifically remember them because I'm always shocked by their posts. They clearly love the Inhumans yet acknowledge their flaws and dark history. That makes them interesting to me. Posts like theirs make me want to get to know more instead of going on the defensive myself. I could say that Medusa's farts smell bad and posters like IronFist will go on for 40 pages about how I'm wrong, and how her farts are better than any ever produced by any XMEN.
    I'm amused by the idea that your liking of a book is dependant upon other people's opinions rather than the quality of the books themselves.

    I have strong reservations about the vocal minorities in the X-fandom but I still read X-Men books and form my own opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Story:
    Inhumans Prime > X-Men Prime

    Art:
    Inhumans Prime < X-Men Prime.
    Yeah the Inhumans book had like 3 different artists I think. No sure about X-Men.

    Seems to be Marvel's new trick to avoid delays.

  13. #58
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Say what? I think you need to pay better attention. Seren, MindofShadow, heck even Iron Fist all acknowlde the "darker" past of the Inhumans. In fact, I don't know any Inhuman fans that don't acknowledge their darker past--but many also ask what it has to do with this particular story.
    Hmm, not very familiar with Seren's posts. I am with MindofShawdow, and you're right in that case.

    But IronFist? Are you kidding me? He's the reason the threads on this board go on 40+ pages, he'll argue with anyone nonstop that dares criticize anything about the Royals. According to him, the Royals are faultless when it comes to anything regarding IvX.

    As for the bolded part, I answered that and as usual it was ignored.

    The USA stopped slavery long before the Inhumans did. Even though, the USA stopped slavery, that history still impacts how black people are treated in this country (in fact many could argue that jails are a new form of slavery). I made the comparison that a group that just recently stopped slavery to enlarge their empire, AND is now once again enlarging their empire at the expense of a minority group IS something that needs to be acknowledged. I'm not saying bring it up each issue, but get that sh*t out of the way and own it.

    Meanwhile, there is a loud contingent of fans of another group that wants that to be the focus in every story because that's what those dirty Inhumans deserve.
    Because it's never been brought up! That's why hearing that it finally was shocked me. The ending of IvX totally absolved Medusa and BB of their faults leading to the war. They walked away from that with their hands clean.

    I find it funny you are doing exactly what you claim the Inhuman fans of doing.
    Umm, I said both fanbases do this. You're original comment you blamed only one fanbase.

    Regardless, your original comment does not help discourse and I don't know why you thought it was worth saying.
    My original comment praised DocSonic's post. Others on here have too yet I'm wrong when I do it?

  14. #59
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    I'm amused by the idea that your liking of a book is dependant upon other people's opinions rather than the quality of the books themselves.
    If I purchased books based solely on quality, I'd be broke. Hell, I thought the newest ANXM was of low quality yet I still supported it. If I'm gonna support any new books, I'm gonna need to factor in more things than "quality". If it was based solely on quality, I'd drop ALL Marvel books and switch to DC.

    I have strong reservations about the vocal minorities in the X-fandom but I still read X-Men books and form my own opinions.
    That's because you liked the XMEN before the wars started. I knew very little about the Inhumans. The ones that aren't excused over every bad action I'll support (Kamala and Lunella books specifically). If you had known very little about the XMEN, I really doubt you'd support their books when that money could go to the Inhuman books or other high-quality books *cough*cough* DC *cough*cough*

    Unfortunately, Marvel thinks that in order to make a character/franchise grow in popularity, said character/franchise must be treated like they're perfect. Just look at X-Gold, they want to push Kate Pryde (logically) and the first issue has everyone kissing her butt which to me is a turn-off. I definitely like the idea of the first student XMen now being the leader, but if they continue acting like she has no faults, I'll be complaining about that. If they acknowledge her flaws, then I'll completely back her as the new leader.

  15. #60
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    7,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    If I purchased books based solely on quality, I'd be broke. Hell, I thought the newest ANXM was of low quality yet I still supported it. If I'm gonna support any new books, I'm gonna need to factor in more things than "quality". If it was based solely on quality, I'd drop ALL Marvel books and switch to DC.
    We obviously buy for very different reasons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    That's because you liked the XMEN before the wars started. I knew very little about the Inhumans. The ones that aren't excused over every bad action I'll support (Kamala and Lunella books specifically). If you had known very little about the XMEN, I really doubt you'd support their books when that money could go to the Inhuman books or other high-quality books *cough*cough* DC *cough*cough*
    I don't buy their books anymore, instead i'm working way through the 90s X-Books. The quality of x-books just made me want something better put together, and thus my interest in the Inhumans gained traction.

    If you're interested in them, then read them. Judging them against the X-Men is silly, and judging the franchise based on IVX is even sillier. Both sides of that conflict did things wrong, the X-Men only score higher in doing stuff wrong because they all listened to Emma Frost like dumbasses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Unfortunately, Marvel thinks that in order to make a character/franchise grow in popularity, said character/franchise must be treated like they're perfect. Just look at X-Gold, they want to push Kate Pryde (logically) and the first issue has everyone kissing her butt which to me is a turn-off. I definitely like the idea of the first student XMen now being the leader, but if they continue acting like she has no faults, I'll be complaining about that. If they acknowledge her flaws, then I'll completely back her as the new leader.
    Except you aren't applying this same logic to the Inhumans, I've acknowledged they aren't perfect and have flaws, also the books do the same, the idea that are perfect and don't have flaws is a narrative you invented yourself to justify disliking them.

    The flaws of the Inhumans aren't mutually exclusive to whether or not they acknowledge if the former slave Alpha Primitives are enjoying their freedom and if they finally got TiVo. And acting like it is just shows a real contempt and oversimplification of the Inhumans as a franchise, they're far bigger than that one plot strand.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •