Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Batgirl solo film in the works

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ba...os-1202018544/

Doesn't say which Batgirl, but most likely Barbara.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

Faaaadge yesssss

BANNED

On the one hand, Joss Whedon is my all time favorite director.

On the other hand, if Babsgirl is getting a solo movie, I'm gonna scream into a pillow and cry for a few weeks.

Ultimate Member

Huh, interesting. Well Whedon is a great choice for a Batgirl movie. Especially if it's someone like Stephanie Brown (it probably won't be, but a guy can dream).

I guess it's one of the benefits of making Batman so old. It's not hard to say that he's had protégé's before (Gordon even hinted at it in the JL trailer in fact).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Huh, interesting. Well Whedon is a great choice for a Batgirl movie. Especially if it's someone like Stephanie Brown (it probably won't be, but a guy can dream).

I guess it's one of the benefits of making Batman so old. It's not hard to say that he's had protégé's before (Gordon even hinted at it in the JL trailer in fact).
    A Joss Whedon directed Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown movie would likely become my favorite superhero movie of all time.

But I won't even watch a Babsgirl movie. **** that.

Whedon? Ew.

Although Babsgirl makes no sense because we already have an Oracle Network easter egg.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Whedon? Ew.

Although Babsgirl makes no sense because we already have an Oracle Network easter egg.
    WHAAAAAAA? Not a Whedon fan?! Please elaborate!

Also, I hope to god you're right. Obviously I'd lose my **** if it were Cass, but a Steph Batgirl movie would be amazing too.

First Nightwing, now Batgirl. I dig it!

Ultimate Member

Out of all of them, Steph would seem to fit Whedon's sensibilities the most (with Cass being in the mix as well).

Extraordinary Member

Whedon to direct ;o

Why am I not surprised that it's the Batfamily who are getting all these announced spinoffs with seemingly more momentum then the other DCEU solo's ?

I mean, we've got Sirens, Nightwing, and now Batgirl. I wouldn't even be surprised if we got an announcement for a Robin solo movie soon, 'cuz Batman .

As long as the Burnside costume is not present in this movie, at least as the main suit, I'm good .

I'm curious if the the Batman solo movie is going to set all these up to some degree...
    Gordon's comment about how Batman used to be a team player did seem to imply the Batfamily existed in some form before Robin's death. The only question is how large it was before Joker killed Jason and Batman went off the rails.

Ultimate Member

Batman=$$$$ for DC/WB. Also Ben Affleck's portrayal of Batman was one of the best received parts of BVS.

This should have happened years ago. Maybe there would be a Batgirl 3 by now.

Just make it exciting and light. Don't dwell on super-dark storylines. take a cue from the Supergirl TV show.

Oh-- and no making out with Batman.

I don't think it's coincidence that news of a Nightwing and Batgirl movie is coming out after Lego Batman was warmly recepted. Which is probably telling which Batgirl they're gonna use.

Out of all of them, Steph would seem to fit Whedon's sensibilities the most (with Cass being in the mix as well).
    I think he'd be a pretty good fit for Babs as well, depending how they characterize her here (and not turn her into a Steph clone).