Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    What do you mean, they didn't appear outside of the main continuity? There are several AU appearances of Steph, at least. And Cass had that Ghost crossover outside of DC.
    In general Elseworld stuff, especally the bigger AUs like for example Bombshells, Earth One, Frank Millers Batman and the Different earth of the Multiverse.
    Last edited by Aahz; 04-01-2017 at 10:37 AM.

BANNED

It be Damian.

Based on Dick being Nightwing and Jason Todd presumably being the dead one.

Nothing about DC currently suggest they like Tim and as far as I can tell they have movie selection input.
    I mean no WB Exec is picking Cyborg.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Casantrizos View Post
    So help me if they don't cast Emma Stone as Babs.Attachment 47370
    Jane Levy could be a good choice as well I think.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    It be Damian.
    Depends what kind of Robin they want. Tim is probaly easier to bring in since you don't need Ras and Talia for his background. And he is probaly easier to keep his live action version faithfull to the comics than in Damians case.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    A Joss Whedon directed Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown movie would likely become my favorite superhero movie of all time.

But I won't even watch a Babsgirl movie. **** that.
    This kind of disgruntled hate for a fictional character is pretty unhealthy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    This kind of disgruntled hate for a fictional character is pretty unhealthy.
    Eh. Probably. Doesn't change the fact that I feel my hate, albeit to a lesser degree, is justified.

Eh. Probably. Doesn't change the fact that I feel my hate, albeit to a lesser degree, is justified.
    How so?

As far as Whedon directing goes - I'm not sure. He can do stuff with a strong female protagonist, but I'm worried it could become a redux of stuff he's already done. And Cass would make my worries skyrocket - I'm not sure if I could avoid seeing a River Tam clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    How so?
    Reasons I hate Babsgirl:

1) The most heinous case of character regression I've ever seen.
    2) A big f**k you to disabled people, telling them, "Yeah, you can be a hero too! Just so long as you get an experimental surgery."
    3) Her Burnside persona is nothing but diet/caffeine free Steph.
    4) Both in her real Batgirl personality and her Burnside persona, she's no where near as interesting as Cass or Steph.
    5) The least important reason, but I hate that she gets SO MUCH merchandise and appearances, while Cass and Steph barely get anything.

#5 is sadly like much of the rest of DC right now - "Silver Age version or go home!" It's what I hated most about the nu52 after reading a few issues, it was as if they combined the worst of the Silver Age with the worst of the 90's. I took to calling it the Mercury Age - looks like Silver but is really toxic. Even Babs' regression is probably part of that Silver Age filter. She was the Silver Age Batgirl and all others need not apply.

Does anyone else think there could be the possibility of eventually having a Birds of Prey movie? It could even eventually crossover with Gotham City Sirens

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    For the DCEU that would be pretty much between Tim and Damian.

I doubt that they will do a prequell, and I doubt that they would go for a black or female Robin. Only Carrie could have small chance if they keep using TDKR as inspiration.

When i comes to the Batgirls, I don't see Steph and Cass having much of a chance, even in the comics they never really apeared out side of the main continuity, opposed to Barbara.
    I could see Carrie for the same reason you stated.

I think they would make some changes to Damian background but think the biological son he had with a villain is a plot that studio execs. and writers would like.

I think even Jason stands a chance as the Red Hood as the Robin who went to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Does anyone else think there could be the possibility of eventually having a Birds of Prey movie? It could even eventually crossover with Gotham City Sirens
    Absolutely. Same thing with Nightwing and Titans. DC is looking to create and movie universe. Though of course things are going to depend on how these movies do.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    If Batgirl is successful, Birds of Prey would be the next step. Even though they are not members this might be the place where Steph and Cass have a chance of making an appearance.

Ultimate Member

All excellent points. (I'll ignore that you left Steph off your list of Robins). One more point that I didn't think of when I was blinded by rage yesterday was that, while with DC there's really nothing to base their decisions on, the MCU has shown that the most iconic version of a character isn't always the one that gets used in a movie. Ex. Scott Lang, or even use properties that no mainstream audiences had ever heard of, Ex. GotG.
    Do most folks even know there are 3 different Antmen? I know I forgot.

I didn't count Steph due to her short run (yet that was the run that started my Robin buying LOL)

Yeah I know stuff like GOTG got made but with so many lines being crossed as to who is in what and based on what sources-I don't want the headache.

Stephanie as Spoiler could be made fun and aim for kids if you play it at the right angle.

A lot of properties can be used despite fan boy rage. Blade proved that. Who would have thought we would have 3 before Avengers, Justice League, WW, Aquaman and all these icons?

Ya lets not pretend Hank Pym and Scott Lang is at all the same equivalent here, both were relatively unknowns and pretty much on equal ground when it comes to general recognizability. Also most if not all of DC's characters could be made fun and aim for kids if you play it at the right angle, and often are. They could use any property they want, but it really doesn't take much thought as to why they would go with a more recognized, marketed, and proven property over relative non entities if they can. Character's like Steph and Cass quite frankly just don't have much in there favor. DC barely uses them in their comics in part because of this.