Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    BANNED

Burnside is what demoted her. I disagree very much that Simone run did that just because she got on her feet. Yet is this very demotion and devaluing run Batgirl of Burnside that these same very people who were crying about how Simone's run was downgrade who can't stop praising Burnside. I wonder why that is. I guess now ladies have very easy outfit to cosplay in and doc martin shoes. Very strong character and growth right there for Babs.

Batwoman would have existed no matter if she stayed as Oracle or not. She is only filling the mature bat female roll now only thanks to freaking Burnside which again a lot of people love and praise. A lot of feminist and sjw. The contradiction and disconnect here is frustrating and amazing to watch.
    Last edited by batalia; 04-02-2017 at 12:00 PM.

New 52 removed a lot lot of characters "growth", DC does not want their character's to seem too old. The idea was to make their characters more relatable to younger audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by batalia View Post
    Burnside is what demoted her. I disagree very much that Simone run did that just because she got on her feet. Yet is this very demotion and devaluing run Batgirl of Burnside that these same very people who were crying about how Simone's run was downgrade who can't stop praising Burnside. I wonder why that is. I guess now ladies have very easy outfit to cosplay in and doc martin shoes. Very strong character and growth right there for Babs.

Batwoman would have existed no matter if she stayed as Oracle or not. She is only filling the mature bat female roll now only thanks to freaking Burnside which again a lot of people love and praise. A lot of feminist and sjw. The contradiction and disconnect here is frustrating and amazing to watch.
    What makes you think those that hated Simone's Babs and those that like Burnside Babs are the same group?

Extraordinary Member

Going from former Congresswoman and the world's greatest information broker to college student and teenage vigilante with some computer skill is a pretty big demotion in and of itself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What makes you think those that hated Simone's Babs and those that like Burnside Babs are the same group?
    I have been in the internet long enough following Batgirl since 2011 and seen enough evidence which I don't care to get into. Is not everyone obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Going from former Congresswoman and the world's greatest information broker to college student and teenage vigilante with some computer skill is a pretty big demotion in and of itself.
    Well she's not a teenager, and so what. As Batgirl she's gets more publication in a staring role, among a slew of other things like a potential movie. Would anyone really care if they were "demoted" if meant they'd get payed more and actually have more opportunity and benefits.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-02-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Nobody ever wonders why Daredevil and Doctor Mid-Nite are still blind...
    They aren't really blind, I'm not an expert for these charcters but afaik Daredevil comapensates his blindness with his other sense and Mid-Nite can see as long as he weares in googles or when it is dark. In the end both have actually superior sight to normal humans. That like if Barbara would have used an exoskelett (like for example the Dick in the new Earth 2 series) or some super hightech weehlchair to fight crime.

BANNED

Yes she can. Barbara getting on her feet doesn't and shouldn't rollback any growth and experinces she got from her time as Oracle...
    It shouldn't, but it did anyway.
    Gal simone's Batgirl is not recogniseably the same character as her Oracle.

Daredevil was conceived as a blind superhero. That is his character and his origin. Barbara Gordon wasn't.
    Oracle was...

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    And I really don't think anyone is gonna call Cass a Laura rip off if she appears in a film. It's not like anyone called X-23 a Cass rip off when she first appeared.
    IIRC, people accused Tim Hunter of being a Harry Potter rip-off - so I think it would happen. Not that it would necessarily affect anything.

Ultimate Member

I doubt that it'd effect how the movie does much. Especially since the David Cain angle automatically makes Cass different anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I doubt that it'd effect how the movie does much. Especially since the David Cain angle automatically makes Cass different anyway.
    THANK YOU! As I said when this angle was brought up, the similarities between the two are surface level at best.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It shouldn't, but it did anyway.
    Gal simone's Batgirl is not recogniseably the same character as her Oracle.

Oracle was...
    Well said. Much as I wanted to love Simone's Batgirl, the character just wasn't as interesting as Simone's Batgirl. Even the Convergence: Nightwing/Oracle miniseries, as pale a shadow as it was of Birds of Prey, had the Oracle I recognized and loved more than Simone's Batgirl.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

New 52 isn't too relevant to what a movie will be. It will be at most a loose adaptation of any story arc. Unless this argument is about the comics now in which case I'll bow out. I haven't read all 20 pages lol