Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    WTF are you talking about?
    He's crazy on social media. Not endearing or funny crazy, I mean legit WTF is wrong with this person crazy.

But his recent failure with AoU and lack of good work since 2012 is more important obviously.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Catwoman film.
    Oh definitely, cant believe I overlooked her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by _guvin View Post
    Why do you Hate Barbara as Batgirl?
    Oh, shall I list the reasons why?

1) The most heinous case of character regression I've ever seen.
    2) A big f**k you to disabled people, telling them, "Yeah, you can be a hero too! Just so long as you get an experimental surgery."
    3) Her Burnside persona is nothing but diet/caffeine free Steph.
    4) Both in her real Batgirl personality and her Burnside persona, she's no where near as interesting or likable as Cass or Steph.
    5) The least important reason, but I hate that she gets SO MUCH merchandise and appearances, while Cass and Steph barely get anything.

Quote Originally Posted by _guvin View Post
    I doubt the DCeU will survive long enough to even make a Nightwing movie let alone a movie about Batgirl
    Way to stay positive

And don't some of you people ever get tired of this not my Batgirl bitterness?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-30-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    WHAAAAAAA? Not a Whedon fan?! Please elaborate!

Also, I hope to god you're right. Obviously I'd lose my shit if it were Cass, but a Steph Batgirl movie would be amazing too.
    The man killed my love for the MCU with Age of Ultron (which is one of the worst superhero movies ever done imo) to the point even if he's not in MCU anymore I don't longer get excited over the movies.

BUT if Whedon were to direct, imo Stephanie would be the one that fits his style better that or Batgirl of Burnside.

Eh if DCEU was so much on the verge of collapse they would not have made money on BVS & SS. Nightwing & Batgirl honestly are safer bets than Flash, GL, Cyborg, & MOS 2 since they have a director attached. Also the Batman seems stable now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    The man killed my love for the MCU with Age of Ultron (which is one of the worst superhero movies ever done imo) to the point even if he's not in MCU anymore I don't longer get excited over the movies.

BUT if Whedon were to direct, imo Stephanie would be the one that fits his style better that or Batgirl of Burnside.
    Wooh! Someone else who hates Age of Ultron! Doesn't take away my love for the man's work though. Buffy/Angel/ and Dollhouse are all amazing, Dr. Horrible is one of my favorite musicals, and Firefly is my favorite TV show of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I think his talents would be better for a Kate Kane Batwoman flick, than a Batgirl one.
    I like Whedon, but hell no he wouldn't.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    He's crazy on social media. Not endearing or funny crazy, I mean legit WTF is wrong with this person crazy.

But his recent failure with AoU and lack of good work since 2012 is more important obviously.
    Politics aside, my problem with Whedon is that his female characters only seem to have two behaviour modes : snarky or weepy.

Having said that, his first Avengers movie was really good. I suspect it was studio interference that sabotaged Age of Ultron.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

Not really a Whedon guy. But I'm happy for Batgirl fans.

You take what you can get when it comes to comic movies and characters that haven't had one/you don't think would ever have one.

Extraordinary Member

The idea has potential.

Just keep The Killing Joke far, far away. It's a classic story, but without Oracle as the result it ruins the tone and reduces her as a character.

OMG! That's good news for the Batfam! I knew DC/WB will do another standalone female superhero movie! But I would much prefer it to be a Birds of Prey movie first or at least have the BoP fight against GCS in Gotham City Sirens. And from there let Batgirl have her own movie. But I'm not sure which Batgirl are they eyeing on. I hope it's either Steph or Cass because I really want to see Babs as Oracle because that's when Babs is being her best.

Ultimate Member

Anyone who thinks that AOU was a "failure," it wasn't by ANY reasonable standard, or one of the worse CBM's ever, I just have to shake my head at that.

Also that seems to be completely a thing for online (overcritical in general) fandom, because I haven't talked to a single person in my daily life who flat-out dislike that film. 98% of them like it, or at worst just went "eh, its alright."

Also comparing an Avengers movie to Batgirl falls apart on it's face, they're completely different.

BANNED

would've been cool to see a woman behind this project, but the creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is probably the next best thing