Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Anyone who thinks that AOU was a "failure," it wasn't by ANY reasonable standard, or one of the worse CBM's ever, I just have to shake my head at that.

Also that seems to be completely a thing for online (overcritical in general) fandom, because I haven't talked to a single person in my daily life who flat-out dislike that film. 98% of them like it, or at worst just went "eh, its alright."

Also comparing an Avengers movie to Batgirl falls apart on it's face, they're completely different.
    I say failure since it failed to live up to the first Avengers film. It was drastically lower quality, I don't know anyone who thinks AoU was a superior Avengers film.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I say failure since it failed to live up to the first Avengers film. It was drastically lower quality, I don't know anyone who thinks AoU was a superior Avengers film.
    I agree. I watched Avengers three times in the cinema, three.

I've only watched AoU once and was a waste of my time and my money. I couldn't help but roll my eyes when Quicksilver dies because of a bullet.

I do. The Avengers was groundbreaking because of its premise (the shared universe coming together) and didn't have much of a story otherwise. AOU was overstuffed but had a better story, better villain and better reasons for the massive army of henchmen battle at the end.

It didn't make as much money as the first one but the first one was so insanely successful it was impossible to live up to it. To call it one of the worst CBMs ever made seems ridiculous to me, it's better than anything in the DCEU so far.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I couldn't help but roll my eyes when Quicksilver dies because of a bullet.
    Uh... why? He's not invulnerable, and he deliberately ran in front of them.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Uh... why? He's not invulnerable, and he deliberately ran in front of them.
    He should have seen it coming, he is super fast! Even Evan Peters' Quicksilver would have.

Not to mention the whole Bruce and Natasha nonsense, ugh, even the actors disliked it.

Seems like they are hoping the Batman characters can save their movie universe. Still, I'd bet on the Batgirl movie happening before the Nightwing one actually. I still don't think Nightwing is a property that DC/WB has much invested in, but Batgirl is.

He should have seen it coming, he is super fast! Even Evan Peters' Quicksilver would have.
    The Evan Peters Quicksilver is astonishingly over powered so not sure where the "even" comes from. He knew the bullets we're coming and pushed Hawkeye and the kid out of the way to save them but wasn't fast enough to save himself. Not sure what's so bad about that, having two Quicksilver's at the same time would have been dumb and AoU Quicksilver isn't that fast.
    Last edited by Mr. Mastermind; 03-30-2017 at 11:49 AM.

He was shielding Clint and, IIRC, a child.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Always Rakzo

Here hoping that this is Avengers' Whedon and not Age of Ultron's Whedon.

BANNED

I'm guessing Whedon is writing, directing and producing because of Silver Age nostalgia too.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Eh...not the influence I would've taken personally, though I guess it's better then going with the Burnside run since it means this version of Babs will probably look and act like an adult.

I wonder if it's an indication Killing Joke still happened in some form, but she'll be recovering from it and becoming Batgirl again like in the New 52 run?

So Knightfall will likely be the villain. Or at least a villain. Maybe.

Extraordinary Member

And....just like that my interest is gone.

BANNED

Well, I'm sad. And disappointed. And angry.

Hope this gets cancelled or stuck in development Hell.