Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Can't wait till she goes to see a psychologist and it is doctor Chase Meridian

Amazing Member

Too bad it's part of the DCEU. On the other hand that leaves a small chance we get to see Steph as Batgirl!
    Whedon is pretty hit and miss, but if he has control to do what he wants I have hope, even in the DCEU.

Awesome, I've wondered a couple times would he would take on if he were with DC. Just a few days ago in fact, and now I know!

Report: Joss Whedon’s ‘Batgirl’ Movie Will Draw from The New 52

Entertainment Weekly reports that Whedon’s Batgirl movie will indeed focus on Barbara Gordon and draw inspiration from The New 52, DC’s recent run of revamped classic comic book characters that kicked off in 2011. The report says Whedon will look to the New 52 as “a starting point,” so expect him to bring his own spin to the material should the movie make.

Gordon’s character has famously had a rough go of it. First introduced as a sidekick to Batwoman in 1961, Batgirl — or Bat-Girl, as she was called — was a socialite by the name of Betty Kane. But the character really took of in 1967, when “the new Batgirl” was introduced in the Detective Comics title The Million Dollar Debut of Batgirl! with the shocking reveal that Jim Gordon’s daughter would suit up and defend Gotham City with Batman and Robin.

The rebranded Batgirl hit the pages just as she was introduced alongside Adam West‘s bam-pow Batman in the third season of the classic camp TV series. The character’s popularity skyrocketed and she landed her own stories, as well as popping up across the DC universe in Superman and Justice League. Until the ’80s came along and put a bullet in her back.

Alan Moore‘s iconic Joker-centric comic Batman: The Killing Joke saw Barbara Gordon kidnapped and crippled by the Crown Prince of Crime in a controversial storyline that Moore himself has since denounced. While Barbara Gordon’s career as Batgirl was put to a stop, she carried on as a key Gotham vigilante under the name of Oracle, a hacker who uses her intelligence to dig up key information for her superhero pals. While Gordon was out of the action, she remained a key player in the DC universe, lending her skills to Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey, Justice League America, Green Lantern and a number of other DC titles during her tenure. During that time, a number of characters took over the title of Batgirl until DC’s New 52 reboot put Barbara back in the suit.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I was actually hoping to see Barbra as Oracle in the Nightwing movie. Barbra as Batgirl has always been the inferior version of the character.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

DCEU getting the MCU's sloppy seconds.

Not that I don't think Whedon could make a competent movie, I just think the DC/WB people will ruin it.

Amazing Member

I just hope it not the version of Batgirl that was seen in The Killing Joke movie.
    Last edited by Emperor Time; 03-30-2017 at 06:32 PM.

I just want to see Whedon back doing something. The guy has been awol for a while. I admit, I was very disappointed with Age of Ultron, but I kept hoping he'd dive into something entirely his own.

If he's going to be playing the in the DCEU, colour me interested.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    DC should have double down on a Batman universe years ago.

Marvel is going to regret not giving Whedon Black Widow or something.

I have no desire for a batgirl movie but Whedon doig it will at least have me slightly interested
    Personally, as much as I love most things Joss Whedon, if the day comes where a Black Widow movie is made, I'd love to see the creative people behind the John Wick movies be given the reigns. It's probably never gonna happen, but those guys really know how to world-build and I think they'd give the Black Widow movie the kind of style that would completely blow everyone away.

Heck, I'd been hoping that Marvel would just give Leitch and Stahelski a Blade movie, as well!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

This seems too good to be true. Is great match and idea. Best thing out of dceu and I only wish it wasn't in the dceu.
    I'm glad is Barbara Gordon. She is the one that made this character popular and beloved. Having legacies get a movie first over her would have been shitty move. If it wasn't for Barbara, these darn legacies wouldn't even exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    DCEU getting the MCU's sloppy seconds.

Not that I don't think Whedon could make a competent movie, I just think the DC/WB people will ruin it.
    That wording. I'm in stitches.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by batalia View Post
    This seems too good to be true. Is great match and idea. Best thing out of dceu and I only wish it wasn't in the dceu.
    I'm glad is Barbara Gordon. She is the one that made this character popular and beloved. Having legacies get a movie first over her would have been shitty move. If it wasn't for Barbara, these darn legacies wouldn't even exist.
    That's only true for 1 of them. The other was created completely separately and had been appearing in stories for years before ever meeting Babs on panel.

Fantastic Member

Whedon or not, it should be Birds of Prey, not just Batgirl.

Dont really care about the leather jacket costume and tacking pics with her cellphone batgirl.

BANNED

Man... What would i give to see a JL movie from Whedon!