Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Outstanding!

He had had last year if he was going to do a DC movie, it would have to be a female character. Couldn't ask for a better choice!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Oh, hell yeah!

I would personally prefer him taking over as showrunner on Supergirl or a new Batgirl series but this sounds great. His style is exactly the sort of direction that the DCEU needs to move in.

I'm sure loads of people will poo poo this as Whedon is oddly divisive but as a gigantic Buffy fanboy, I couldn't be happier with this news.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Ultimate Member

Huh, interesting. Well Whedon is a great choice for a Batgirl movie. Especially if it's someone like Stephanie Brown (it probably won't be, but a guy can dream).

I guess it's one of the benefits of making Batman so old. It's not hard to say that he's had protégé's before (Gordon even hinted at it in the JL trailer in fact).

I'm happy that a Batgirl movie is getting made but I'm just so down on the more recent Whedon stuff(I thought Avengers was good but after watching it a second time I don't want to watch it ever again, plus I really really disliked Age of Ultron) can't say I'm to excited, though I suppose a solo Batgirl movie is very much in his wheelhouse.

DCU is stepping it up. This is a great move for dc if they get him. Good job dc.

I'm sure in a few weeks we'll probably be hearing about a Robin and Alfred solo movies too .

Though in a seriousness, this sounds pretty cool, and I'm happy to see DC promoting the Batfamily like this even if I know their connection to Batman probably has a lot to do with this.

Whedon, I think, will be a good fit for this depending on what direction they go in.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I'm happy that a Batgirl movie is getting made but I'm just so down on the more recent Whedon stuff(I thought Avengers was good but after watching it a second time I don't want to watch it ever again, plus I really really disliked Age of Ultron) can't say I'm to excited, though I suppose a solo Batgirl movie is very much in his wheelhouse.
    Funny I'm the exact opposite. I've seen both movies dozens of times and they never get old for me.

With so much control in his favor (Producing, Writing, Directing), this has WINNER written all over it.

DC should have double down on a Batman universe years ago.

Marvel is going to regret not giving Whedon Black Widow or something.

I have no desire for a batgirl movie but Whedon doig it will at least have me slightly interested
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

With so much control in his favor (Producing, Writing, Directing), this has WINNER written all over it.
    I agree. This could be a great movie. Same with nightwing. Come on WB. You can do it.

Marvel is going to regret not giving Whedon Black Widow or something.
    That is one thing dc is doing good over marvel. DC has WW done and both GCS and batgirl. (if they get made) Marvel refuses to due black widow yet lucy was a huge hit and captain marvel has been pushed back so many times. It's like marvel is scared to do female hero movies! I'll give dc props for making female superhero movies.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 03-30-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

This could be awesome, but I hope Whedon and DC are on the same page right from the get-go... unlike with his Wonder Woman movie.

With the mood he's been in lately, Joss might be spoiling for a fight with the alt-right, and this movie would certainly give him a stage for that. Wonder if DC would have the stones to back him on that.

Well, the character is certainly in his wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    That is one thing dc is doing good over marvel. DC has WW done and both GCS and batgirl. (if they get made) Marvel refuses to due black widow yet lucy was a huge hit and captain marvel has been pushed back so many times. It's like marvel is scared to do female hero movies! I'll give dc props for making female superhero movies.
    On-top of that there's also the Supergirl TV show and the Vixen web-series (though Marvel has also had the Slingshot web-series, Agent Carter, and Jessica Jones) .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    On-top of that there's also the Supergirl TV show and the Vixen web-series (though Marvel has also had the Slingshot web-series, Agent Carter, and Jessica Jones) .
    One major difference is the DC has control over all their woman. (and they had wonder woman, who is THE comic woman)

All of Marvels leading ladies are stuck with Fox or in weird rights situations with Universal.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html