Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well after this weekend-you might well get ready for it.

I have never heard so much Inhuman bashing from store owners than I have on Bleeding Cool from using Cyborg to Hanna Barrera crossover books to do it.

Everybody got what they wanted the two franchises going in different directions. Why is there still complaining?
    Those comments were so dumb. Generally every book in the top 10 is considered a success in those weekly reports. The second its the Inhumans its a failure. Sure it was a lighter week but still.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

now that bleedingcool has made itself the loudest voice in the deplorable 'make Marvel white again' campaign I feel somehow less bad over vitriol toward the Inhumans.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    whatever. Bleeding cool has gone full Breitbart and the less said about the site the better. Despite their desperate efforts to sink all thing Inhuman, Inhuman Prime still managed to break the top ten. And Jude Terror might want to better research Milo Yiannopoulos' career trajectory before continuing on this path...
    Cool! What site reports this?

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Those comments were so dumb. Generally every book in the top 10 is considered a success in those weekly reports. The second its the Inhumans its a failure. Sure it was a lighter week but still.
    Emphasis on lighter week. The shop owners are probably just looking at absolute sales numbers when they made those comments. I reckon top #15 at 20 copies sold is still preferable to top #10 at 10 copies sold simply because there was barely any competition. The stores bashing Inhumans Prime are, naturally, the ones who didn't sell a lot of copies. The ones who sold a number of Inhumans Prime are happier and more hopeful.

"Inhumans Prime was absolutely a huge improvement, I hope people are willing to check out Royals."

"Marvel did very well with its two “back to the basics” books, X-Men Prime (3rd in our store) and Inhumans Prime (9th in our store–and the first time an Inhumans titles has placed in our store’s Top Ten ever!)."
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Cool! What site reports this?
    It's #9 on the Bleeding Cool Bestseller List and #10 on comiXology.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 04-03-2017 at 12:54 AM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

See, interesting and not a mutant killing cloud in sight. Its like the exact opposite of what Soule presented. Ultimates was fantastic so i guess i may give this a shot but i'll wait for the trade.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Niffleheim

Here are some of the comments made by retailers about Inhumans

X-Men: Prime was our #2 of the week and as for Inhumans: Prime, well the less said about its performance the better.
    Marvel was in the perfect position to be on the top this week, but they’ve been messing up so often that people actually wait for reboots/relaunches/redirections to jump back in. Except Inhumans Prime. Nobody cares about Inhumans Prime.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    It's so funny that they say nobody cares about the inhumans prime despite the fact that it sold well for its first week like we get it you hate the inhumans for whatever reason...but when it's not the inhumans doing well on that week they praise that fact?

Niffleheim

Are these retailers fanboys first or businessmen? Because if it's the latter i hope all their shops fail miserably and i say that without a twinge of guilt. They sound very silly.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

They sound like petty fanboys. It's a shame really.

Unfortunately I still haven't been able to pick up a hard copy because the distributor shipped ALL of my local store's Wednesday order to Tennessee instead of the Pacific Northwest.

Not suprised, Al Ewing's work doesn't sell because it is not about A-listers and it doesn't have top mainstream artists, two factors most people purchase them books for. Oh and since his books have a lot of praise on internet, it means scans/piracy is more popular.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Yup. And those are talking about sales. Every comic shop is different. What might sell for one shop may not do so well for others. It's all about the clientele in those shops which is, I expect, partly geographical. Obviously, comic shop owners would prefer content that sells more in their own shops and their comments would be colored as such.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    See, interesting and not a mutant killing cloud in sight. Its like the exact opposite of what Soule presented.
    No it isn't, that's what Jeff Lemire presented. Charles Soule just had to work with the existing continuity. Seriously, you want a book that didn't feature a cloud killing mutants, I'd recommend Uncanny Inhumans. Or, if even the idea that another book is using the plot at the same time that makes it a killing cloud, read Soule's Inhuman - a time when no book had the cloud killing mutants.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Yup. And those are talking about sales. Every comic shop is different. What might sell for one shop may not do so well for others. It's all about the clientele in those shops which is, I expect, partly geographical. Obviously, comic shop owners would prefer content that sells more in their own shops and their comments would be colored as such.
    Exactly, if youre LCS owner is talking **** about the Inhumans constantly you'll either not buy from there or buy everything but Inhumans books there, maybe buying those digitally.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Exactly, if youre LCS owner is talking **** about the Inhumans constantly you'll either not buy from there or buy everything but Inhumans books there, maybe buying those digitally.
    I have already decided to not shop at ANY store that offers comments to Bleedingcool.

You leave you FANBOY behavior at HOME. Because there re plenty of POC lead books at DC tanking (Cyborg being the main one) I don't see negative comments towards them of the other DC low sellers.

If it is about business you should not be bias.

You can not be bias if you are SELLING the books you constantly trash and then cry when no one buys them. If you hated all of them that much you would NOT be selling the books and ACCEPT whatever backlash you get. Yet they won't because Ms Marvel brings in buyers. Funny the hate for Inhumans stop when it comes to her.

This is what keeps folks away from stores. We as POC have dealt with this for YEARS-now you see what we go through.

None of the stores I go to complained at Marvel aside from Solo book. They complain more about too many Batman books.