Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I commend your decision, skyvolt2000.
    I'm going to do likewise.
    There's a shop here ion Chicago that I'll never go back to because the owner is a total jerk and engendered an atmosphere that very much says 'straight, white males only.'
    Fortunately, the shop nearest my work, Chicago Comics of Clark Street is awesome and totally welcoming to readers of all sorts.
    Of course for those who do not live in a city, or don't have that same option and I would not hold it against them if they cannot follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    I commend your decision, skyvolt2000.
    I'm going to do likewise.
    There's a shop here ion Chicago that I'll never go back to because the owner is a total jerk and engendered an atmosphere that very much says 'straight, white males only.'
    Fortunately, the shop nearest my work, Chicago Comics of Clark Street is awesome and totally welcoming to readers of all sorts.
    Of course for those who do not live in a city, or don't have that same option and I would not hold it against them if they cannot follow suit.
    For anyone not in a big city, DCBS, Midtown and TFAW online doesn't care about your race, gender, religion or comic preferences, and they offer very good discounts to boot. Neither do Amazon, comiXology or Apple iBooks, alas no discount for new comics.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

The art looks bad and the comic looks like garbage. I hope the book tanks and Marvel has to cancel it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    The art looks bad and the comic looks like garbage. I hope the book tanks and Marvel has to cancel it.
    this from someone who has John 3:16 as their signature...
    did you actually read the bible?
    "Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen." John 4:20
    go home a practice...

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm just going to ignore ridiculous posts like that (it's one thing to say it doesn't look good, but I suspect wishing to get it cancelled is less sincere than deliberately inflammatory).

I do want to comment on the art. I've been on record as not liking it for the most part. However, the preview looks quite good. It makes me far more optimistic than I've been before (even if it's the least anticipated art of the three). That being said, "dynamic" can be fun. Even Rob Liefeld's art, which is just awful, has something about it that, when reading his New Mutants stuff, I couldn't help but think "I can see why people liked this back in the day."
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    well, since you're not interested & won't be buying it I'm not sure why it should matter to you whether it's cancelled or not?

personally I think the art looks great and the comic does too, so I'm hoping it does well

actually, if we can still use this thread to discuss the plot of Royals - it's kind of interesting how fast Gorgon, Crystal, & Swain sign up for the mission, considering each of them has a kid or significant other they should be taking into account before flying off to space on a dangerous/potentially deadly mission. I really hope that comes up at some point, what each of these characters is leaving behind.

also, I doubt this will come up in Royals even though it did a bit during All-New Inhumans, but I was thinking a bit about how Gorgon and Flint specifically have multiple personal negative experiences with terrigenesis and the fallout of being part of a society that places so much importance on it. like, I'm not expecting this book to really go into how interested each member of the team is in having terrigen at their disposal once again, other than the implied "everyone thinks it's very important which is why they're here", but it would be interesting to explore.

Prime was good and this looks good so I will be getting this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    No it isn't, that's what Jeff Lemire presented. Charles Soule just had to work with the existing continuity. Seriously, you want a book that didn't feature a cloud killing mutants, I'd recommend Uncanny Inhumans. Or, if even the idea that another book is using the plot at the same time that makes it a killing cloud, read Soule's Inhuman - a time when no book had the cloud killing mutants.
    Wow, your right really the hate people had for the Inhumans wasn't in the main Inhumans book.

Quote Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
    actually, if we can still use this thread to discuss the plot of Royals - it's kind of interesting how fast Gorgon, Crystal, & Swain sign up for the mission, considering each of them has a kid or significant other they should be taking into account before flying off to space on a dangerous/potentially deadly mission. I really hope that comes up at some point, what each of these characters is leaving behind.
    It's a good point. Still, I think the formerly 'Royal' Inhumans are so desperate for any hope of saving the future of their people that they'll jump at any opportunity to do so, regardless of the risk.
    Plus, I think Medusa is eager to get out of New Attilan, possibly worrying that the remaining Inhumans will never truly follow Iso if Medusa and Black Bolt are still around.

Black Bolt sort of did the same thing when Medusa first became Queen. He kept his distance for a good while, only returning once Medusa had fully gained the trust and support of her subjects.

It's a good point. Still, I think the formerly 'Royal' Inhumans are so desperate for any hope of saving the future of their people that they'll jump at any opportunity to do so, regardless of the risk.
    Plus, I think Medusa is eager to get out of New Attilan, possibly worrying that the remaining Inhumans will never truly follow Iso if Medusa and Black Bolt are still around.

Black Bolt sort of did the same thing when Medusa first became Queen. He kept his distance for a good while, only returning once Medusa had fully gained the trust and support of her subjects.
    yeah, it's definitely a case of the hunt for terrigen being the most important thing - I just want some acknowledgement that there are other important things that will suffer while the royals are on this mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
    yeah, it's definitely a case of the hunt for terrigen being the most important thing - I just want some acknowledgement that there are other important things that will suffer while the royals are on this mission.
    yes, a simple acknowledgment that Crys, Gorgon, Medusa and BB are leaving behind their children would be nice... even if it was just for a panel.

Astonishing Member

Can somebody please enlighten me...whatever happened to the Universal Inhumans?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Can somebody please enlighten me...whatever happened to the Universal Inhumans?
    Well aren't you in luck? We'll be finding that out in Royals. Ewing has hinted they will play a part/make an appearance.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

yes, a simple acknowledgment that Crys, Gorgon, Medusa and BB are leaving behind their children would be nice... even if it was just for a panel.
    Haha Ewing go you covered, with the addition of Flint with his interest.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”