Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Anybody annoyed that the Royals are just going to this journey without being told exactly what they will be searching for?

I loveddddd the look of Arctilan and that every member has a death stamp on them
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-05-2017 at 11:27 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Anybody annoyed that the Royals are just going to this journey without being told exactly what they will be searching for?
    Marvel Boy said different universe, the secret may be different, but he is sure that deep under Hela is a good starting point for the search. Who knows, Marvel Boy has his own agenda too, he is not telling, what would the Royals do? Torture him? Ask Swain to mind rape him?
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Marvel Boy said different universe, the secret may be different, but he is sure that deep under Hela is a good starting point for the search. Who knows, Marvel Boy has his own agenda too, he is not telling, what would the Royals do? Torture him? Ask Swain to mind rape him?
    It's still vague. I can understand that they maybe unsuccessful in finding the SECRET but the reason MB gave isn't enough to make them embark on this journey.
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-05-2017 at 02:57 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

This storyline definitely seems like it's a redemption story of sorts for medusa particularly it's disappointing knowing she might die though she's my favorite character of the inhumans I'll go farther and say I think she's even far more interesting as a character than black bolt.

I think Charles soule deserves a lot of the credit for that.

Absolutely Charles Soule has done a fantastic job building up Medusa. I just wish someone would spend the same amount of time building up Crystal XD
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    This storyline definitely seems like it's a redemption story of sorts for medusa particularly it's disappointing knowing she might die though she's my favorite character of the inhumans I'll go farther and say I think she's even far more interesting as a character than black bolt.

I think Charles soule deserves a lot of the credit for that.
    Karma is a bitch.

Can not say sympathize with Medusa but I'm sorry that even now BB keeps lying to her after everything that has happened.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Karma is a bitch.

Can not say sympathize with Medusa but I'm sorry that even now BB keeps lying to her after everything that has happened.
    The exact same thing is happening with Storm in Gold. She feels unworthy to lead because she threw another species in disarray to save herself and gave humanity yet another reason to hate mutants.

So everyone is getting some karma for their behaviour in IVX. Except Emma obviously, who is still alive, sadly.

Karma is a bitch.

Why are you commenting on this thread if you don't even like the inhumans seriously take your negativity elsewhere hater.

You just don't get or never even liked the character to begin with if you can't sympathize with the character and I'm a fan of both the inhumans and the X-men and I find medusa very sympathetic it's your problem if you don't.

You're letting your X-men fanboynism bias cloud your judgement.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 04-05-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    The exact same thing is happening with Storm in Gold. She feels unworthy to lead because she threw another species in disarray to save herself and gave humanity yet another reason to hate mutants.

So everyone is getting some karma for their behaviour in IVX. Except Emma obviously, who is still alive, sadly.
    Storm doesn't feel unworthy because of what happened to the Inhumans, but what happened to the X-Men, who were again seem as dangerous people by attacking the Inhumans(as it's said on TV). She even says that the Inhumans won.

Cyclops is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Storm doesn't feel unworthy because of what happened to the Inhumans, but what happened to the X-Men, who were again seem as dangerous people by attacking the Inhumans(as it's said on TV). She even says that the Inhumans won.
    Sometime after the ending of Ivx but right in the beginning of inhumans prime though the royals hold a press conference with the X-men Storm specifically promising to reconcile their differences and if they can help the royals.

I do not understand how Storm can feel guilty and how humans care about the Inhuman and Mutant war but you're right no one left unharmed IvX including Emma who lost Cyclops and became a villain again.

Why are you commenting on this thread if you don't even like the inhumans seriously take your negativity elsewhere hater.

You just don't get or never even liked the character to begin with if you can't sympathize with the character and I'm a fan of both the inhumans and the X-men and I find medusa very sympathetic it's your problem if you don't.

You're letting your X-men fanboynism bias cloud your judgement.
    I do not think said anything so serious to have that answer but that's okay and understood the message.

However not sympathizing with a character or not buying a certain comic is not required to prevent someone from commenting on the same or a fact on a topic in the forum.

A person who does not buy Ultimates or does not buy X-mens can still give their opinion on something like the responsibility of Ultimates without supervision or how mutants and prejudice are acceptable or not in 2017.

Notice that I did not say anything negative or positive about Royals, but about the situation at Medusa.And yes think it ironic that now Medusa is dying due to an unknown disease after months with mutants dying because of M-pox for months.And yes it is a story of redemption.
    Last edited by Knives; 04-05-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Sometime after the ending of Ivx but right in the beginning of inhumans prime though the royals hold a press conference with the X-men Storm specifically promising to reconcile their differences and if they can help the royals.
    Yeah, but that's not what she's martyring herself for, as I said, she actually thinks the Inhumans won and that she leaded the X-Men to defeat, what I don't exactly see how. Just like Medusa is suffering more for how she kinda ruined the Inhumans future than for anything that happened to the X-Men.

Overall really enjoyed the issue, but some overall thoughts:
    - The opening scene had some cool visuals, intrigued me but I need to know more. Don't see how it fits at this point. Thought it was BlackBolt until he spoke.
    - Little annoyed how much they are emphasizing the "inhumans are immoral" thing, seems like pandering to people who don't read the book. The Inhumans have always been complex morally, and aren't heroes. But the Royals aren't "monsters"
    - Love how much of a focus Medusa continues to get, was a little worried she'd take more of a back seat after Soule left.
    - On the other hand Black Bolt continues to be underemphasized. I'm kind of ok with it cause he isn't my fav Inhuman, and I kind of like him in the role where he's not in the spotlight constantly but tends to be a game changer the second he gets involved.
    - Kind of hoping Crystal's comment about Lockjaw having Luna's scent is actually foreshadowing for a future arc, maybe in Secret Warriors?
    - I constantly forget Iso and Flint are a thing.
    - Hopefully they don't play up the impending death this much throughout the series, was a little on the nose.
    - Loved the Gorgon/Petras moment
    - Thought they should've done a better job of introducing Marvel Boy's history. I bet most Inhumans fans don't know anything about him like me. That said I like him so far.
    - Also thought it was really weird how they trusted him with no details. Doesn't make sense why they didn't demand he explain or why they'd go along without knowing.
    - Will be interesting to see where the Medusa twist goes. Holding judgment.

All around a solid issue. Good start with a lot of set up covered.
    Last edited by dan12456; 04-05-2017 at 04:24 PM.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I do not understand how Storm can feel guilty and how humans care about the Inhuman and Mutant war but you're right no one left unharmed IvX including Emma who lost Cyclops and became a villain again.
    Because the general public like the Inhumans not mutants. That's literally as deep as that answer is going to get without getting into how paper thin the whole mutants as a allegory for race, and being universally hated is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    And how are not the same thing?

She did that to the mutant reputation when she did that to the Inhumans, they're go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Cyclops is dead.
    And? How's that relevant? Cyclops didn't do anything wrong, he just died in an accident.

Emma's the one who spent 8 months planning genocide.

Not touching anymore IVX replies, since we don't want to derail this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    - Thought they should've done a better job of introducing Marvel Boy's history. I bet most Inhumans fans don't know anything about him like me. That said I like him so far.
    - Also thought it was really weird how they trusted him with no details. Doesn't make sense why they didn't demand he explain or why they'd go along without knowing.
    I imagine they'll imply this happened off page, or we'll just have to suspend disbelief that they didn't ask any questions so they can ask later to pad the forthcoming issues with exposition :P
    it is implied between Prime and Royals that he's at least told Crystal.