Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    That isn't a rule.
    I'm well aware it isn't an official rule, but rather a rough rule of thumb that has been used in the past. I just can't be bothered to have to keep spelling that out in every post. And as a rough rule, it still seems to be working fairly well, given how many years the Power Pack kids claim to have aged compared to how many years have passed in the real world, and given how long Peter Parker claims to have been Spider-Man (see below)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    But Ahura clearly states he is 16 ( Uncanny Inhumans #5), unless he is deciding whatever age his body is he is Luna should look older than what she is now.
    Peter Parker recently claimed he'd only been Spider-Man for 13 years, and Ben Grimm claimed he'd been the Thing for 13 years in his last ongoing series. In the real world, Spider-Man debuted a little under 55 years ago; using the 4 to 1 conversion rate, that's 13.75 years, which actually fits the statement. The conversion doesn't work quite so well for the Thing (11.25 years since his debut at the time he made his statement, rather than the stated 13), but like I said, it's only meant to be a rough approximation. However, whatever way you cut it, Ahura was born in 1988, when their careers had to be around half that length. There's no way he can be chronologically 16 unless he's stayed in another dimension where time moves quicker (don't laugh - there's at least half a dozen characters who have done exactly this). Real world - writer presumably screwed up, or didn't care about the continuity. In-world excuse - like you said, Ahura is using what he figures is his physiological age, rather than his chronological one.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    But Ahura clearly states he is 16 ( Uncanny Inhumans #5), unless he is deciding whatever age his body is he is Luna should look older than what she is now.
    How long was he back in time before he was rescued?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I'm well aware it isn't an official rule, but rather a rough rule of thumb that has been used in the past. I just can't be bothered to have to keep spelling that out in every post. And as a rough rule, it still seems to be working fairly well, given how many years the Power Pack kids claim to have aged compared to how many years have passed in the real world, and given how long Peter Parker claims to have been Spider-Man (see below)

Peter Parker recently claimed he'd only been Spider-Man for 13 years, and Ben Grimm claimed he'd been the Thing for 13 years in his last ongoing series. In the real world, Spider-Man debuted a little under 55 years ago; using the 4 to 1 conversion rate, that's 13.75 years, which actually fits the statement. The conversion doesn't work quite so well for the Thing (11.25 years since his debut at the time he made his statement, rather than the stated 13), but like I said, it's only meant to be a rough approximation. However, whatever way you cut it, Ahura was born in 1988, when their careers had to be around half that length. There's no way he can be chronologically 16 unless he's stayed in another dimension where time moves quicker (don't laugh - there's at least half a dozen characters who have done exactly this). Real world - writer presumably screwed up, or didn't care about the continuity. In-world excuse - like you said, Ahura is using what he figures is his physiological age, rather than his chronological one.
    Well he was in the company of Kang the Conquer so ya maybe years did go by just like that. So Ahura's taken a life before his 1st Birthday, watch his father been tortured by Skrulls, been in the company a number of times with some of the biggest bads of the Marvel universe, and hasn't snapped.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    How long was he back in time before he was rescued?
    couple of minutes.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Interesting.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 05-15-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think the only way you can make sense of Marvel's timeline is to divide it into eras.

1. The Great Depression and World War II Era - Captain America, Bucky, Human Torch, and Namor first debut.

2. The First Heroic Wave - All the Stan Lee and Bronze Age heroes debut. Peter Parker, Johnny Storm, and most of the X-Men are teenagers/young adults during this time.

3. The Second Heroic Wave - Heroes who grew up during the first heroic wave now debut (i.e. Miles Morales, Kamala Khan). Everyone from the Stan Lee era is still around. Johnny Storm, the original X-Men, and Peter Parker (hopefully) are now all unambiguous adults.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 05-17-2020 at 11:27 AM.