Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    continuity police not going to jump on the two instances that PAD forgot about ben using a voice modulator as the jackal? or maybe it doesn't matter
    Haven't read it but maybe one could argue that with Miles Warren a young clone is always possible so if there is a discrepancy in his voice it's possible that's the case.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

continuity police not going to jump on the two instances that PAD forgot about ben using a voice modulator as the jackal? or maybe it doesn't matter
    I don't know, I don't see all heroes as needing it. It didn't seem that Oliver used any kind of modulator on the Arrow TV SHow, and his voice sounded different as Arrow and Oliver. Maybe they thought that Ben just changed it with effort? I can forgive that mistake.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    I don't know, I don't see all heroes as needing it. It didn't seem that Oliver used any kind of modulator on the Arrow TV SHow, and his voice sounded different as Arrow and Oliver. Maybe they thought that Ben just changed it with effort? I can forgive that mistake.
    i'm totally fine with it personally, but i know some people were demanding blood from dan for similar sins during clone conspiracy.

certain continuity flubbs matter more than others of course, but generally speaking they're to be expected amongst so many publications using the same continuity; that many moving parts is bound to have a malfunction or two. near enough is close enough for me.

i guess it's all how a reader chooses to take it; like an aggravation or in fun.
    troo fan or death

I thought it was a stretch, considering Ben himself said he was mimicking Warren's voice with the mask. But I decided not to dwell on it.
    I was more flabbergasted by the recap page. "Spider-Man destroyed his facility and Ben was seemingly killed in the blast"? That's not even close to what happened at all.
    As for everything else, I'll agree with those who said it's a well-written book, about a character essentially unrecognizable as Ben Reilly.

Incredible Member

I haven't read the first issue yet but does anybody else think there's been a lack of talk and reviews about the first issue so far? I've seen one review from what would be considered a major comics review site (IGN) and really a lack of chatter about the issue from various boards I go to & even here I was expecting more chatter.

It's probably just me but it feels like talk about the book (thus far) has flown under the radar which is strange given how much talk there was about Ben during CC and afterwards when it was announced he'd get his ongoing.

And before anyone asks I'm not speculating about how many folks bought the thing just how much people seem to not be talking about it.

BANNED

Eh, doesn't matter. Also, you could say that he used it around Peter for obvious reasons but didn't always use it elsewhere. Simple enough to No-Prize a viable answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Eh, doesn't matter. Also, you could say that he used it around Peter for obvious reasons but didn't always use it elsewhere. Simple enough to No-Prize a viable answer.
    i bestow upon thee no no prize. mostly because i don't have an empty envelope
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I haven't read the first issue yet but does anybody else think there's been a lack of talk and reviews about the first issue so far? I've seen one review from what would be considered a major comics review site (IGN) and really a lack of chatter about the issue from various boards I go to & even here I was expecting more chatter.

It's probably just me but it feels like talk about the book (thus far) has flown under the radar which is strange given how much talk there was about Ben during CC and afterwards when it was announced he'd get his ongoing.

And before anyone asks I'm not speculating about how many folks bought the thing just how much people seem to not be talking about it.
    I think everyone kind of forgot about the book once Spectacular Spider-Man got announced.
    I think more people are interested in that and Eddie being Venom again.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post

With the gender/race changes, universe changes, hero to heel changes, the world of Marvel has spun too fast and has thrown many people off the ride. People are sleeping on Marvel, so if Ben Reilly turns out staying a solid comic, it will be a sleeper hit.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

This was the worst issue by Peter David I can remember ever reading. Between the low-rent Deadpool feel to the totally flat jokes, absolutely nothing about it landed with me. A total miss, despite some good panels by Bagley.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    I think everyone kind of forgot about the book once Spectacular Spider-Man got announced.
    I think more people are interested in that and Eddie being Venom again.
    Neither one of those things interest me.

BANNED

I`ve read it and I don`t see where the major Deadpool-esque balloney is. You mean the quips? The sort Spiderman has been doing way before that guy popped up? Yeah, don`t care to see that as a detritement. Solid start by the creative team, PAD has rarely (if ever that I recall) dissapointed me in terms on how he handles dialogue the narrative dreamlike sequences (I`m guessing that`s what is so Deadpool-esque to some fans..) are wonderful stage setting for what seems to be the intent of the first arc: to set up Ben`s identity after the trauma and subquent actions following Clone Conspiracy and the self analisys on where his emotional core lies.

To me, Ben doing that, having these sort of daydreams where two sides will clash on questions is already one indicator that he is indeed taking a form of responsability. He`s not just "okay" with what he`s done. He`s questioning himself even if he isn`t wholly aware of such. That said, some of the characterization doesn`t flow to familiar places (yet I hope) and that might be what is making a segment of the fanbase weary/cautions on the premise.

Frankly, already knowing he will end up wearing the classic duds makes for it. You know he will steer in the familiar direction but it`s the how that will matter.

Positive entry Mr PAD. Let`s see how you`ll keep pushing it.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 05-03-2017 at 03:48 PM.

BANNED

Oh and Eddie being Venom again? Cool, about time. But not game chanching as far as I am concerned.

BANNED

Anyone seen the July solicit? Looks like our Scarlets will tangle up.

Rocking that blue sweater Bem!