Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

That art is fantastic.

I cannot wait for this issue.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Also: I cannot recall if I made mention here yet or not, but I picked up the Northstar 4 issue mini. I haven't read it yet, and not sure when I'll get to it, but yeah.
    I'm kind of excited to read that glorious cheese.

I started the 4 issue mini.
    Poor Northstar and poor book.
    Such victims of the extreme 90's.
    Not just the art, but the writing as well.
    So dramatic.
    And the white hair...so glad that went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I started the 4 issue mini.
    Poor Northstar and poor book.
    Such victims of the extreme 90's.
    Not just the art, but the writing as well.
    So dramatic.
    And the white hair...so glad that went away.
    And it was such a back-pedal. We go from Northstar literally shouting in the streets that he's gay in Alpha Flight to being unable to call the guy waiting up for him in his bedroom anything but "a good friend".

There were a couple of good things, at least: Heather showing why she earned Northstar's loyalty, finally clarifying the nature of his relationship with Raymonde, showing that JP still has at least one "family" member outside of Aurora who hasn't been killed. Little things, but potentially useful character-wise.

I wonder what kind of picture Northstar would use for his Grindr profile.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I have the last book left to read.

Not terribly impressed, but it's not the worst thing I have ever read.
    But it's not the best.
    It feels rushed and the 90's were all over the place.

And Arcade is not really the most original villain to put him against, but I have never disliked Arcade, it just seems kind of generic.
    Unless there is a piece of history that I am missing that makes it make a bit more sense and not like it was slopped together, like, "Oh, who's a villain we can spare? Arcade? Sure, toss him into that shit. Whatever."

Question about Northstar's powers in his mini:

Has JP always had super fast self-healing powers, and I just don't recall the mention of it?
    OR
    Was it mentioned in the last 27 issues of volume 1, so I just haven't read it yet?
    OR
    Was this something that was only part of his mini?

Because I noticed how he was constantly mentioning how he was unable to heal as quickly as he usually does.
    It threw me off because I don't recall him having super speed self-healing powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Question about Northstar's powers in his mini:

Has JP always had super fast self-healing powers, and I just don't recall the mention of it?
    OR
    Was it mentioned in the last 27 issues of volume 1, so I just haven't read it yet?
    OR
    Was this something that was only part of his mini?

Because I noticed how he was constantly mentioning how he was unable to heal as quickly as he usually does.
    It threw me off because I don't recall him having super speed self-healing powers.
    Unless you count how quickly his headwound stopped bleeding during the Crystar guest-spot, the mini is the only time I recall that aspect of his powers coming up. I figured it was just something they came up with to explain how Northstar was still on his feet at all given how much punishment he'd taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Unless you count how quickly his headwound stopped bleeding during the Crystar guest-spot, the mini is the only time I recall that aspect of his powers coming up. I figured it was just something they came up with to explain how Northstar was still on his feet at all given how much punishment he'd taken.
    You save my sanity again, Anduinel, thank you.
    Well, I mean the part of my sanity that is chipped at by inconsistencies and such in comics. <3

Spectacular Member dark phoenix's Avatar

On a totally unrelated note, it was nice to see Northstar in Marvel Heroes 2015, albeit just standing in one of the rooms of the Xavier School. Would be nice if they made him playable at some point.
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!"

Quote Originally Posted by dark phoenix View Post
    On a totally unrelated note, it was nice to see Northstar in Marvel Heroes 2015, albeit just standing in one of the rooms of the Xavier School. Would be nice if they made him playable at some point.
    I think he's been scenery in that area for a while. But yes, I'd actually pay money for that game if they gave us playable Beaubier twins.

Amazing X-Men #13 is out today!

Just finished my copy. It’s a nicely paced done-in-one with some quite good bits for Anole and Nightcrawler. I did feel like Northstar kinda got the short straw (yet again!) for reasons I’ll go into if I do a longer review, but it was still a decent issue and I enjoyed it. Recommended.

By Wenart on DA.

Pretty heavily influenced by the Byrne-era look, imo, but I adore old school Alpha Flight so fine by me.

Northstar speculation from Bleeding Cool:

Well, for whatever reason, Marvel have applied to register trademarks for the following names under the category of goods and services, comic books; printed periodicals in the field of comic book stories and artwork, for Northstar, Red Skull, Kingpin, Beast, Omega The Unknown and Werewolf By Night.This might indicate new series for these characters. It could also mean they are likely to get multi-media attention in games, TV or film and so Marvel Characters is shoring them up, legally.That would be the Alpha Flight and X-Men character Northstar. With Midnighter as the only comic with a titular gay lead character at DC, will he be joined by Northstar at Marvel?
    Interesting.

Granted, this could just be a matter of Marvel getting ready to reprint the awful 90’s ‘Northstar’ miniseries, but even if so, that’s a pretty random re-release if they don’t have some sort of spotlight planned for yon speedster. And Marvel has been dabbling in X-Men solos again, so maybe...

From Amazing X-Men #17:

*rofl*

Sorry, no patience or inclination to talk down the giant with a badly ingrown case of sibling rivalry. Let's just do what it takes to get out with as few necks snapped as possible, shall we?