Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Is anyone else glad wolverine is dying because of what he did to northstar?

I've been reading marvel comics for years and I still think wolverine killing one of the few gay characters of the time but not before he was made bad was one of the most wtf moments marvel has ever done.

I've since forgiven them but I'm still glad wolverine is getting it now. Not even just for northstar but also for the other characters he's killed and also because he's an attention hog

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I've been reading marvel comics for years and I still think wolverine killing one of the few gay characters of the time but not before he was made bad was one of the most wtf moments marvel has ever done.

I've since forgiven them but I'm still glad wolverine is getting it now. Not even just for northstar but also for the other characters he's killed and also because he's an attention hog
    Why did he kill him and when?

BANNED

No, I don't have it in me to be vindictive towards fictional characters and hold them accountable for what their writers and editors made them do.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Why did he kill him and when?
    I think he's referring to Wolverine: Enemy of State and he was possessed by Hydra (Very good story, I recommend reading). Though I am not sure why people make such a big fuss about it. I think Northstar was resurrected almost immediately after a few months by Mike Carey.

Nope. Just you.

Anyone that tells you otherwise is lying just to make you feel better.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I think he's referring to Wolverine: Enemy of State and he was possessed by Hydra (Very good story, I recommend reading). Though I am not sure why people make such a big fuss about it. I think Northstar was resurrected almost immediately after a few months by Mike Carey.

Thanks love. If thats the case I agree. Dont see the issue.

BANNED

Oh my god. That was ten years ago. And he returned a long time ago and got married. OP, talk about holding an irrational grudge.

And Wolverine didn't kill Northstar. Mark Millar did.

I'm glad he's dying because he's my least favorite character in any fictional universe ever.

He actually came back in the same arc by Millar. Carey just got him back into the fold.

I don't hold a grudge against Wolverine for what he did while brainwashed. He even went the distance trying to get Northstar back. But he deserved a Mach 3 knee to the junk for letting Northstar's friends, students, and sister think he was dead afterward while the truth was that he was being held in SHIELD custody.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post

Come on, he was possessed, it's not his fault

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Oh my god. That was ten years ago. And he returned a long time ago and got married. OP, talk about holding an irrational grudge.

And Wolverine didn't kill Northstar. Mark Millar did.
    Not sure this is the place to be saying this as people still hold a grudge about Maddy/Scott, Kitty and the n-word, Wanda "No more mutants..", Beast/Cyclops since NCs funeral and the Schism, Pheonix 5 etc, etc , etc...

OP, Wolvy was written to do a lot of horrible things the past ten years, killing natives, killing his children, being a nazi, almost killing Hope, Wicaan etc so I guess it would be a bit redundant. But at least with Northstar he was brainwashed. Though, realistically speaking I am amazed at the forgiveness on comic characters part towards the character, its a bit unbelievable and hard to swallow at times. You think they'd be at least a bit nervous around the guy after.

Just remember his, er - Marvels heart is in the right place...

Ultimate Member

Iirc they had Logan kill Northstar back then to show that nobody was safe, that just because Northstar was gay didn't exclude him from his life being on the line, that he wasn't safe because he was gay...and then yeah Northstar was brought back like two months later as was the plan all along...

I'm glad because he is being written poorly. Better to be dead then written badly.

No.

Next?

Can't tell if OP is trolling or not but if not, yes I think you're either the only one or one of few who think he should die for killing Northstar while brainwashed when he came right back. Just cuz he's gay doesn't exempt him from being killed at times. Whether a character be black, female or gay, you either want them to be equal to all other heroes or want them to be sacred cows but you can't have it both ways.