Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I am happy he is dying. Do I care that he killed some gay character while he was brainwashed? Nope

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

I don't know what the whole situation between him killing Northstar was, but if he was brainwashed, I can't really give him crap. It is literally not his fault.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

On the old CBR We weren't we not suppose to make threads based on opinions. This seems silly. Nonsense happens in comics all the time, much less stuff that happened a decade ago and was immediately retconned. Characters don't really die unless they actually aren't in the comics for awhile post death. Cyclops killing Xavier is much more significant and recent than this (not to mention he seemed more in control). But this is fiction and bad ideas happen all the time.

BANNED

I'm glad he killed Northstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    "Yes, you're right here because, when you went in your superpowered terrorist killing spree, I managed to capture you unharmed and put you, kicking and screaming, in the device that reversed your brainwashing. So, unless you're planing to thank me for being here, kindly shut the f++k up and let the grownups talk, ok?"

Context is a wonderfull thing!
    Context, then: Wolverine's capture of Northstar involved a beatdown after frying Northstar via Sentinel, not the "unharmed capture" you're citing. Then, when he took Northstar back to SHIELD, their deprogramming methods didn't work. Wolverine knew that and he still left Northstar in SHIELD custody, trapped in the hell of his own mind for relative years, and let everyone who gave a **** about him think he was dead when the X-Men had two or three extremely powerful telepaths on the team at the time as well as magic-using allies who could have taken a crack at putting him back in his right mind. Oh yeah, and he left his own protege, Shadowcat, saddled with the guilt of having blocked Jean-Paul's line of sight while she phased to save herself and left him to be gutted by Wolverine. Wolverine's lies also left Northstar in a position to be kidnapped and freshly mindfucked by the Children of the Vault, who used him to pull his sister Aurora into the mix. Both of the twins were then used as WMDs to attack the school. The person who actually managed to take down Northstar unharmed would be Cable, during said attack, and the one who got his brainwashing reversed would be Rogue, after spending some time checking out methods that had a better chance at working.

Wolverine can't be held responsible for his actions when it comes to Northstar's death, but he in no way comes out of that episode smelling like a rose.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Almost killed Rachel to save one of the most evil women alive. Killed Northstar. Has been brainwashed into fighting and trying to kill his friends multiple times, and yet through all that Cyclops is still the most evil person alive to most of the Jean Grey School. Sure.........makes total sense.

No gladness here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Context, then: Wolverine's capture of Northstar involved a beatdown after frying Northstar via Sentinel, not the "unharmed capture" you're citing.
    In one piece and with everything working so yes, unharmed. I'm sorry the dude had to be slapped around a bit so he could be captured but, given that he was leading an army , of superpowered terrorists, that was the best that could be done.
    Also, I didn't see anyone else going after Northstar, much less taking a beating on pourpose to capture him.

Then, when he took Northstar back to SHIELD, their deprogramming methods didn't work.
    They worked for Logan. Hell, Elektra managed to recover from her brainwashing without any help! Northstar must have the willpower of a potato.

Wolverine knew that and he still left Northstar in SHIELD custody, trapped in the hell of his own mind for relative years, and let everyone who gave a **** about him think he was dead when the X-Men had two or three extremely powerful telepaths on the team at the time as well as magic-using allies who could have taken a crack at putting him back in his right mind. Oh yeah, and he left his own protege, Shadowcat, saddled with the guilt of having blocked Jean-Paul's line of sight while she phased to save herself and left him to be gutted by Wolverine. Wolverine's lies also left Northstar in a position to be kidnapped and freshly mindfucked by the Children of the Vault, who used him to pull his sister Aurora into the mix. Both of the twins were then used as WMDs to attack the school. The person who actually managed to take down Northstar unharmed would be Cable, during said attack, and the one who got his brainwashing reversed would be Rogue, after spending some time checking out methods that had a better chance at working.
    That was stupid and screwed up! Logan shouldn't have done that but, the only reason it happened was because Marvel wanted na excuse to sideline Northstar for a while.
    They made him an x-man so they could say they were being progressive and then, they got cold feet.

Incredible Member

Didn't he murder Daken, another LGBT character & his son?
    No, I don't begrudge him for murdering another character that trailblazed a particular minority representation.
    I took the choice by the writer as being motivated by Northstar being his oldest acquaintance with the X-men, therefore the death has more emotional weight when he's deprogrammed. More weight than say, Hornet, an ancillary Spiderman character that's also representative of what's considered a minority group (the disabled, I think the character had cerebral palsy).