Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buffalorock View Post
    The Panasonic 3DO was actually pretty fun. My dad had a buddy that owned a pawn store (and knowing my dad, he got a great deal on it) so he surprised my two brothers and myself with the system and a handful of games. Over time, we found so many deals for the games that we ended up accumulating the majority of the library. Multiplayer games were especially fun. Return Fire, Trip'd, Shockwave, Captain Quasar, FIFA Soccer, Twisted: The Game Show were some favorites.

One of my top five games of all time I found on this system - Star Control 2 (I believe Stardock has the rights and is rebooting this series, looking forward to it)

I just recently dropped the system off at my parents house, it still works great.
    It was one I debated as a kid on. The system looked pretty big. Its good to know there was some good games that folks did like on it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It was one I debated as a kid on. The system looked pretty big. Its good to know there was some good games that folks did like on it.
    The version I had (FZ-10) wasn't bad, maybe slightly bigger than the original Playstation One. It top loaded and saved your games on internal RAM.

One thing to keep in mind, this was my first CD system, and I had it for a few years before buying a PS One from a friend. We picked up an N64 during those years but I went from 8-Bit Nintendo to 3DO, and filled in the gaps when I got older (SNES and Genesis, the N64)

We had an Atari 2600 and Commodore 64/128 that saw many years of playtime. Couch multiplayer was always fun at my house
    Of course, I dare. I'm Hal Jordan.

In the late 1990's/early 2000's more systems came out. This generation is one I missed except for 1 game system. Recently I have gotten the 3rd system on this list and will discuss it. But here is the run down of each memory and story.

Original 1999 Price : $199.00
    Adjusted Inflation 2017 Price : $295.29

Back in late 1999 I was in the local K-Mart. It had been awhile since I had gotten a game system and was browsing the electronics there. I saw the Sega Dreamcast and debated on getting this game system. Anyhow a few minutes later a sales clerk came over and we chatted about the Dreamcast. He saw I was possibly debating this game system and some games. So as he told me , the Playstation 2 is coming next year. Its a far better system and something more you would want.

Which I did agree with. Because I loved my Playstation . It was the system that got me back into playing video games. So Sony had that pull to get me. The last Sega system I owned was the 32x . And I knew how that went. So I decided to not get this system. Which was kinda stupid in retrospect as I have seen tons of folks brag how great the Dreamcast was and many still play it. So yeah , it was a decision then I don't regret because I waited and year for the next console on the list. But looking back I did miss out on some cool Dreamcast stuff.

Original 2000 price : $299.00
    Adjusted Inflation 2017 price : $431.85

This was one I waited on and was pretty glad I did. Me and my friend played Final Fantasy X when it was released. We would do this for each Final Fantasy awhile. Then my friends and us played untold amounts of Tekken Tag and WWE Smackdown. We loved those games and would laugh so hard as we'd play Royal Rumble. It was fun folks and we loved it.

More memories of games we'd try at launch and one was a terrible damn game I rented called Orphan. It was so bad that within an hour we quit playing it and went back to Madden 2001 and others we loved. This game system has seen me add more classic fun games recently as I was given 20+ games last year. I found a few others as well at flea markets and more.

The PS2 was a power house and considered the best selling console of all-time now. It has sold over 155+ million units worldwide and was in production for 14 years. The system was so great , I was buying games like Final Fantasy 12 til the end. I still have mine and look at it and remember the times playing then and laughing with friends.

Original 2001 Price : $299.00
    Adjusted Inflation 2017 Price : $416.31

This game system is one that really I never had an interest in. I had seen Microsoft do the X-Box consoles for years and never really thought about getting an X-Box or any of them. Anyhow fate is wild , last fall while working a job close to home ; a coworker and me became close friends. She and me would laugh and joke all the time. Anyhow one day I walked into work and she had an original X-Box. She also gave me 40+ games and told me I could have them. I was stunned and she told me her husband who passed away a few years earlier loved games and she wanted me to have these since I took after him.

I was awe struck and she told me not to worry about money or anything. I would later get her a Christmas card and a meal for her to eat at a nice place. So I hoped it was something. Anyhow I hooked the machine up at home and it plays great folks. It works solid and his music and files are still on the game system.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

As the years past , my interest started to wane again in gaming. I was working a lot more and time was dedicated to finding the right time and all. Anyhow in the mid 2000's new systems would arrive.

60 GB 2006 Price : $599.00 ($499.00 for 20GB version at launch)
    60 GB 2017 Price (inflated) : $738.63

Sony unveiled the PS3 to a wide audience at E3 in 2005 and it was one that shocked folks in good and bad ways. Sony would release 2 versions of the console in 2006 , one was a $599 version which would allow backwards compatible play with Playstation 2 games. The less expensive one would be standard PS3 play. Anyhow this irked a number of folks who looked at the very expensive PS3 and saw them pricing themselves way outta the console race with Microsoft. The effect would see Sony stagger some into this generation pretty much.

I myself had saw the price and debated getting a Playstation 3. I mean , sure i loved my PS2 and had a lot of great fun with it. Did I really wanna commit over $600 bucks to a new console at launch ? Plus I was working outta town a lot so I kinda said no and let it go. While working in one city there was violence that erupted over someone being shot over a Playstation 3.

Anyhow I'd play this at a buddy's house and we'd enjoy the games there and for a couple years I let it go. In 2008 I finally made the plunge and bought a regular PS3. It folks was a decision I really look back on and wish I had done it sooner. The game system has quickly became one of my all-time favorites to play and so many good , great games on it over the last near decade I have played on it. From RPG's like Final Fantasy XIII to the Batman Arkham games , to Call of Duty , etc. The game system became one I constantly still collect for and find games I wanna play on it.

I do have one regret and its not buying a backwards compatible one at launch. But well , I really don't need that since I have a few remastered games on PS3/PS4 so it don't matter really now.

2005 Original Price : $399.99 (Premium) $299 (Core)
    2017 Inflated price : $512.88

I never had an X-Box 360. I never really was into Microsoft games or the consoles. I mean it was years before I'd even think of it. Then last year as I was given a bunch of games , I'd trade them in and get money. Then trade more in I was given and realized I had built up some nice money and was browsing Gamestop's online store. I saw an X-Box 360 with 4 games (refurbished and used games) for $50 bucks. So I shrugged my shoulders and thought....buy it. Why not...I cleared it.

I still haven;t dived fully into playing it. But we shall see what the future holds with me and an X-Box 360.