View Poll Results: Which of the new Generation X kids are your favorites?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Benjamin Deeds

6 12.24%
  • Nature Girl

13 26.53%
  • Quentin Quire

16 32.65%
  • Bling!

13 26.53%
  • Eye-Boy

4 8.16%
  • Hindsight

2 4.08%
  • Broo (the "honorary member")

3 6.12%
  • Shogo (Jubilee's adopted son)

13 26.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Cool Happy Generation X Month! (2017)

Normally I might wait till after April Fool's Day to post this, but I've got a lot going on in real life, so I figure I might as well get this ball rolling and let all of you take it from there. ^_^ For those of you who weren't aware, April is Generation X Month!

Generation X Appreciation Month has been going on and off for a decade now, though many of the older threads have been lost to the sands of time (and Internet). If I had known about the Wayback Machine back then, I could've saved 'em, but oh well, lol. You'll just have to take my word on it that April being the month to celebrate Generation X has been a thing for quite a while -- even though it could be argued that May would be a more appropriate choice for 2017!

This is the first year we're doing both Gen X Vol. 1 and Gen X Vol. 2 in the same Generation X Month celebration thread... hopefully it'll become a regular thing, if Gen X Vol. 2 remains popular for years to come.

So go ahead and post any and all Gen X love/excitement you have, either for the cast of Vol. 1 or the cast of Vol. 2! Vol. 2 will see some familiar faces return, including Jubilee leading the new class of Gen X students, but I figured if I put her in the poll, her popularity would totally overshadow all the new kids... so it's more fair this way. ;-)

And I've got a question for y'all... From where does that "You've got bigger fish to fry!" image I posted above originate? Some sort of crossover or guest-starring spot?? I really don't remember it.

Older Gen X Month Threads:

Release Dates for Generation X Vol. 2:

Issue #1 - 5/17/2017
    Issue #2 - 5/31/2017
    Issue #3 - 6/14/2017
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 03-31-2017 at 10:19 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I'm actually kinda excited for the new book. Mostly thanks to the interviews, the writer seems pretty passionate about it and I think it'll have a lot of heart.

Is that the Gen 13 and Gen X crossover?

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm actually kinda excited for the new book. Mostly thanks to the interviews, the writer seems pretty passionate about it and I think it'll have a lot of heart.
    Indeed!

I was iffy about the cast, but the writer's passion has inspired me. I expect to, at the very least, like Nature Girl out of all the new kids. Maybe Christina Strain's creation Hindsight, too.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Is that the Gen 13 and Gen X crossover?
    Maybe!

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I don't care for any of these characters but am excited for the series. If we can't pick Jubilee then i guess maybe Nature Girl.

BANNED

They should have included Beak, Marisol Guerra aka Flourish and Hollow and i would buy the book.

BANNED

The first time ive heard the name Naturw Girl, i got interested already. Im not sure if i onew her physically, buy is she the girl with horns instead of ears?

Im about to check her profile at comicvine now.

Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 04-01-2017 at 01:47 AM.

This kind of reminds me of New X-Mwn when they were originally known as the new "New Mutants" before striking out as their own squad later on. Looking forward to this group of misfits become a family! Plus, I missed a genuine X-Men school book that isn't wrapped up in events, good or bad.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    They should have included Beak, Marisol Guerra aka Flourish and Hollow and i would buy the book.
    If they were the cast, I think I would not get it.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    If they were the cast, I think I would not get it.
    But why? Beak is a very interesting character. Marisol Guerra represents another country and pretty interesting to explore her powers to be like Poison Ivy's or wood style ninjas in Naruto. And Hollow is interesting as she is the younger sister (I'm not really sure) of Monet and is the most mysterious X-men

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    But why? Beak is a very interesting character. Marisol Guerra represents another country and pretty interesting to explore her powers to be like Poison Ivy's or wood style ninjas in Naruto. And Hollow is interesting as she is the younger sister (I'm not really sure) of Monet and is the most mysterious X-men
    Probably because Beak lost his powers and is now under the guise "Blackwing."

Where is the None option in the poll?

That entire cast sucks. Jubilee, M and the potential of Dani and Paige are the main draws for me

Quentin is my favorite, but Eye-Boy and Nature Boy both have a ton of potential I'm hoping gets tapped into with this series.

I voted for Shogo b/c he's the closest to Jubilee and this book should have been about her and the old Gen X cast...

starleaf, I think that image may be from that one shot with X-Man... Its got Gaia but also Husk and Husk was gone for a while when Gaia joined the team, and it seems here she's back. And I know Gaia left right after the Nate Grey issue.