View Poll Results: Which of the new Generation X kids are your favorites?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Benjamin Deeds

6 12.24%
  • Nature Girl

13 26.53%
  • Quentin Quire

16 32.65%
  • Bling!

13 26.53%
  • Eye-Boy

4 8.16%
  • Hindsight

2 4.08%
  • Broo (the "honorary member")

3 6.12%
  • Shogo (Jubilee's adopted son)

13 26.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    The last line yeah, the other lines: Nah
    No true Gen X fan would crap on Skin & Synch revival.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    No true Gen X fan would crap on Skin & Synch revival.

I'd be up for "Angelo & Ev's Bogus Journey" special, lol.

================

It looks like the Emplate storyline from June really heats up in July! It also looks like Monet is not only going by the Emplate name now, but has taken on a gray-ish appearance + red eyes like her brother did...?

I didn't think they could up the creep quotient from the cover for issue #3, but looks like I was wrong! Creeeepy!

Something is lurking in the shadows of Central Park…a monster that steals mutants in the night. And when GENERATION X takes it upon themselves to investigate…they might just find themselves face-to-face with an all too familiar threat.

Taking it upon themselves to catch the assailant who’s been attacking mutants in Central Park, the Xavier Institute’s “Lovable Losers” go on the hunt for the culprit. But they aren’t prepared when the trail leads them right to Generation X’s most formidable foe… EMPLATE returns! Only she isn’t the same monster they once knew…
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 04-18-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I didn't think we'd be getting a color preview so soon, but what a great way to help celebrate Generation X Month!

Link to Full Preview:
    http://www.newsarama.com/34114-quent...irst-look.html

Discussion Thread:
    http://community.comicbookresources....Generation-X-1
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Cristina Strain, the writer, said she has plan for an relationship between eyeboy and nature girl something that was hinted in the second volume of WaTXM, and if we go by the ending of spider-man and the x-men eyeboy also has a relationship with No Girl, woah he must really have some beautiful eyes.

The whitening of Monet continues...!!!!! jk

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Cristina Strain, the writer, said she has plan for an relationship between eyeboy and nature girl something that was hinted in the second volume of WaTXM, and if we go by the ending of spider-man and the x-men eyeboy also has a relationship with No Girl, woah he must really have some beautiful eyes.
    Hah, so many beautiful eyes... clearly some women prefer quantity over quality? ;P

I can't stand Eyeboy though, so I hope not, hah.

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    The whitening of Monet continues...!!!!! jk
    Darn those clown genetics! j/k

===========

Well, Generation X Month is almost over... if y'all want a specific variant of Generation X #1, I've seen some copies available for pre-sale on eBay.

Assuming there's no last minute publishing delays, the new age of Generation X will be here 5/17.

I've been going through the old issues this month (up to #31 at the moment) and I'm surprised by how well it still stands the test of time. I'm sure that'll change with the later issues, but wow... even though I've read through them many times over the decades, there's still new stuff to remember/re-discover if it's been a while since your last read-through (assuming your memory is as swiss cheese as mine is, lol).

For instance, did you know Everett Thomas's parents ran a foster home and that's part of what instilled those strong morals in Ev? If Everett ever comes back, I hope there's a tearful reunion with his parents and a big party for him with all of his foster siblings and Gen X friends. (Hey, a gal can dream, can't she??)

I'm also reliving, through the Letters pages, the saga of how an originally "four-month hiatus" for Scott Lobdell turned into a permanent absence when he was transferred to write "the return of the World's Greatest Comics Magazine" a.k.a. Fantastic Four instead. So much for that, eh? (GX #31 Letters page). I can't help but think of how many more wonderful stories we could've gotten if he'd stayed with Generation X instead. But I guess sales were sagging or something? They certainly went down after Larry Hama was brought on.

Meanwhile, looking to the future, it looks like Emma Frost will be back in fine form in X-Men: Blue #8... out of the awful outfit and maybe not totally villainous:
    http://www.cbr.com/secret-empire-goe...-polaris-more/

Still, re-reading the old Gen X issues, I can't help but wish more of this was kept canon / still referenced, particularly in regards to Emma Frost's past, Monet's life, and Penance's origins (the Scott Lobdell version).

=================

Late, but was messing around in Paint.NET today so here you go, lol.
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 04-27-2017 at 06:50 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny