Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I don't think he's going to be a villain so much as 'a misguided seeker' ala Beyonder.
    He's probably trying to figure out what went wrong with his world and is using the DC Universe Earths to find out how to fix it.
    And since he was already on the path of losing his humanity, along with human compassion and intimacy, in Watchmen, he's probably reached a point where he's lost sight of understanding human nature. Which is the key component to what he's looking for.

That's my guess anyways.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I agree he is going to move things around, but I don't think he is going full fledge bad guy

BANNED

I agree with the others. Dr. Manhattan isn't the real villain here. I think he's just being used and manipulated my Oz, who I maintain is an elderly Superboy Prime, trying to make "Everything better"

I think Manhattan IS the villain. In the sense that he is purposefully messing with the DC universes history, an characters. But whether or not his intentions are malicious or just morally grey like his decisions at the end of Watchmen remains to be seen. I think Oz is Adrian/Ozimandias in a "Silver Surfer to Galactcus" position. Where he's arranging things for his master but he also has his own agendas and has his disagreements with his master's plans.

Reasons why. The symbol. It appears in Oz's textboxes and was featured I believe in action comics . Its originally one of Adrian's company's logos in Watchmen I believe.
    Then there's the fact that it appears that Oz's tower isx on Mars according to the recent Superman arc.

DC Universe Rebirth even ends with a conversation between Manhattan and Adrian.
    "Beware my Power..."

"I'M THE G#&-&@™√ BATMAN" - Batman

"The best bottle of single-malt I've ever tasted was uncorked by someone trying to sell me Loch Ness Monster pups..." - John Constantine

BANNED

I'm prepared for it to be a philosophical experiment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I agree with the others. Dr. Manhattan isn't the real villain here. I think he's just being used and manipulated my Oz, who I maintain is an elderly Superboy Prime, trying to make "Everything better"
    You don't think Oz is Ozymandias, that seems to be what most fans think it is?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    You don't think Oz is Ozymandias, that seems to be what most fans think it is?
    Exactly. It's TOO obvious. It if were the case, they wouldn't be making it a mystery for over a year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Exactly. It's TOO obvious. It if were the case, they wouldn't be making it a mystery for over a year.
    But what if they are counting on people thinking it is too obvious, which makes it not obvious?

Manhattan stopped wearing shorts, therefore he made Superman get rid of his. What other motive does one need?

Seriously, I'd be up for a discussion between Morpheus and Manhattan about the importance of stories to finish the Rebirth group of books. Gaiman and Moore writing each character's dialog would be perfect.

Or the shorts thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    But what if they are counting on people thinking it is too obvious, which makes it not obvious?
    Pretty much this. They wanted a watchmen character to be a "sleeper" character of sorts in the DC universe and sine they were going to be teasing the Watchmen crossover already they probably figured no matter what they did someone would figure out who the sleeper was so they just let him be blatant sort by calling himself Oz.
    "Beware my Power..."

"I'M THE G#&-&@™√ BATMAN" - Batman

"The best bottle of single-malt I've ever tasted was uncorked by someone trying to sell me Loch Ness Monster pups..." - John Constantine

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm sure it will be convoluted, whatever it is.

Or, it'll be interchangeable with Superboy-Prime's MO. Poor Doctor Manhattan is now Superboy-Prime 2017.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Manhattan is basically a god now and I think he is just bored. He was a scientist to start with so I think everything he has done to the DCU is just him experimenting with things because it is outside of his worldview and it give him some purpose.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I'm prepared for it to be a philosophical experiment.
    This,,, especially as the watchmen universe has a lot more shades of gray than in the main dcu in regards to the characters, while he's definitely the antagonist, I don't think Manhattan is a direct villain, although explanations as to why he obliterated Owlman and Metron would be nice lol, he's in possession of the möbius chair im assuming so he must need/wants something.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Manhattan stopped wearing shorts, therefore he made Superman get rid of his. What other motive does one need?

Seriously, I'd be up for a discussion between Morpheus and Manhattan about the importance of stories to finish the Rebirth group of books. Gaiman and Moore writing each character's dialog would be perfect.

Or the shorts thing.
    Manhattan has also stopped wearing clothes. When he is going to make the others stop wearing clothes.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Mr. Oz is Geoff and Manhattan is DiDio