• Angel

12 6.15%
  • Beast

8 4.10%
  • Iceman

18 9.23%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I am gay too. And Bobby was flirting with women as recently as the All New Doop mini from 2014, which I think was the same year Bendis retconned him as gay. I would rather have them push Rictor and Shatterstar, or even resurrect Vivisector from X-Statix, or retcon Christian Frost as being a mutant like his 3 sisters, than change a character that is over half a century old in such a way. And I don't think Bobby's behaviour and relationships before the retcon can be characterized as something typical for closetted homosexuals.
    Bendis was rewarded with progressive points for disrespecting and ignoring continuity
    Wasn't he dating Kitty at the time?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I am gay too. And Bobby was flirting with women as recently as the All New Doop mini from 2014, which I think was the same year Bendis retconned him as gay. I would rather have them push Rictor and Shatterstar, or even resurrect Vivisector from X-Statix, or retcon Christian Frost as being a mutant like his 3 sisters, than change a character that is over half a century old in such a way. And I don't think Bobby's behaviour and relationships before the retcon can be characterized as something typical for closetted homosexuals.
    Bendis was rewarded with progressive points for disrespecting and ignoring continuity
    This. Decades of continuity ignored. Now I'm willing to admit that I worded my previous sentence poorly. My point was that people were using his failed relationships to prove that he had always been gay while so many other heroes had the same issues. You ask what is so important about Iceman being straight, what is so important about him being gay? For me it's continuity and the fact that it doesn't make sense for reasons I've already stated. You? Also, understand that I'm not looking for a fight here. I'm just looking to understand your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't he dating Kitty at the time?
    Yeah and Bendis left it up to Milligan to explain why they broke up in a totally random mini series.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    The problem is, it isn't going to go away for a really long time because of how polarizing the story was.
    Yeah you're right. And I know that too. Anyway it's alright, everyone has their opinions, I'm just choosing not to engage today, I'm having a positivity day!

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Yeah you're right. And I know that too. Anyway it's alright, everyone has their opinions, I'm just choosing not to engage today, I'm having a positivity day!
    I try my best to not engage too but I'm in a weird mood today lol

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I try my best to not engage too but I'm in a weird mood today lol
    We all have our battles

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    He must've deleted whatever it was

When did the time displaced O5 Stop being the original X-men and become a Alternate Reality version of the team

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Look at X-Men #1 from 1963. Jean shows up. Cyclops, Angel and Beast are all instantly in love. Bobby doesn't react the same way at all. Of course he wouldn't if he was gay! Though of course he couldn't admit it back then. That scene takes on a new context in hindsight.
    Bobby been riding pole since the get go, chere!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    When did the time displaced O5 Stop being the original X-men and become a Alternate Reality version of the team

The popular theory is that because the O5 went back in time and discovered that they are already there they must have traveled to the wrong timeline -- of course the same theory ignores the fact that when teen Scott was on the verge of death adult Scott winked out of existence until teen Scott was resuscitated.

BANNED

I was gonna start some mess about the assertion that the O5 are the most iconic lineup. But when you consider they were the first to get cancelled, that does make them pretty iconic. So there's that. As to the poll, I can't really decide. I've always liked Bobby's powers. He's really bad ass. Jean Grey has always had a spot in my heart. This fiery redhead is a force to be reckoned with. And that great cosmic orgasm? I ain't fuckin wit her! Queen shit! Cyclops has been built into the perfect realization of masculinity. He gets all the women and actual kings follow him. Plus he seems like an excellent lay. Lol

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

They deserve the first mcu x men movie
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Something Something Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I was gonna start some mess about the assertion that the O5 are the most iconic lineup. But when you consider they were the first to get cancelled, that does make them pretty iconic. So there's that. As to the poll, I can't really decide. I've always liked Bobby's powers. He's really bad ass. Jean Grey has always had a spot in my heart. This fiery redhead is a force to be reckoned with. And that great cosmic orgasm? I ain't fuckin wit her! Queen shit! Cyclops has been built into the perfect realization of masculinity. He gets all the women and actual kings follow him. Plus he seems like an excellent lay. Lol
    They are AN iconic lineup no matter what the haters say, but most people (including most O5 fans) would say the THE most iconic lineup is a battle between ANAD and the 90's animated series lineup. 90's cartoon is probably in the lead for general consciousness, ANAD for the comic fan. Also in competition is the immediate post Dark Phoenix Saga lineup with Kitty replacing Jean on the team.