Default Does someone else think that the "End of the Diversity Push" is an April's Fools

You know, i dont know, but to me, that statement from yesterday was way too blunt for something that didnt came out from the White House; it was exactly what some people have wanted to hear all this time, dont you think that is a little suspicious ?.

And before you say that yesterday was March 31; Google uploaded their video about their new Google Gnome since yesterday:

I guess that we have to wait for tomorrow, April 2, to see what happens.

Sadly, I don't think it's an April Fool's gag. And if so, it's a rather tasteless joke.
    Yet I also don't think Marvel is going to abandon diversity.
    Unfortunately, much of America is embroiled in a pretty intense cultural war with the progressive left and conservative right being pushed to the extremes of the spectrum... and it only makes sense that it would impact on comics.

It wasn't even a statement and it came a day early. If you are concerned I would reassure you that the point was taken out of context and was purely speculation based on information that Gabriel was sceptical about anyway. Not really worth worrying about.

Astonishing Member

Its not an april fools joke. Its marvel being petty. They dont want to admit that trying to forcr there adjends on writers and pander to have the comics line up to thr movies is hurting them and a stupid idea. Saying art dosent matter and the way they talk about diversity hurrting comics is making me worryed. They better not replace all the new charaters and have them fade to obscurity to bring back the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    It wasn't even a statement and it came a day early. If you are concerned I would reassure you that the point was taken out of context and was purely speculation based on information that Gabriel was sceptical about anyway. Not really worth worrying about.
    Im not saying that it was out of context or misinformation; and people have been doing April's Fools jokes since yesterday, March 31, like Google with their Google Gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    This. I think even if the comments etc where 100% taken at face value, we are not going to go back to the times where there was no female-solo books etc. Could they bring back some 'old favorite'? Perhaps, but I have my fingers crossed that the legacy characters are not thrown in the bin just because.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Im not saying that it was out of context or misinformation; and people have been doing April's Fools jokes since yesterday, March 31, like Google with their Google Gnome.
    Yes but this would have had to be a statement, not a series of articles from the Marvel Retailer Summit being spun by Bleeding Cool in an attempt to create controversy.

Thanks for the Gnome link BTW it made me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Its not an april fools joke. Its marvel being petty. They dont want to admit that trying to forcr there adjends on writers and pander to have the comics line up to thr movies is hurting them and a stupid idea. Saying art dosent matter and the way they talk about diversity hurrting comics is making me worryed. They better not replace all the new characters and have them fade to obscurity to bring back the originals.
    The only ones I'm concerned about are Sam Alexander, who could easily be absorbed into the larger Nova Corps with Rich as sole lead next time they launch a new Nova volume, and Jane Foster, who looks likely to eventually be killed off. Younger heroes like Nadia Pym and Riri Williams could go to the Champions team. Bringing back the New Warriors or Young Avengers would also open up avenues for some of the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The only ones I'm concerned about are Sam Alexander, who could easily be absorbed into the larger Nova Corps with Rich as sole lead next time they launch a new Nova volume, and Jane Foster, who looks likely to eventually be killed off. Younger heroes like Nadia Pym and Riri Williams could go to the Champions team. Bringing back the New Warriors or Young Avengers would also open up avenues for some of the kids.
    There are two growing threads already discussing the actual issues raised.