Amazing Member

Default Skynet in the Megaman Universe.

Skynet invents a portal that transports them to other universes. Here Skynet finds a portal to the Megaman Universe. Now here are some questions:

1. Can Skynet override the programming and take control of Megaman, Roll, Protoman, Bass, and all the Robot Masters?

2. Is it possible for Dr. Light, Dr. Cossack, or Dr. Wily to reprogram and take control of Skynet itself and all of its robots?

3. Is Skynet susceptible to Roboenza, Zero, Sigma, Maverick Virus?

4. Is Skynet considered archaic and obsolete to Reploids?

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

1) Probably not, at least without physical access to the disabled robots. Megaman and the others don't appear to have wireless installed in his CPU. Furthermore, they're running on a completely different OS. It's the Independence Day problem, where the macbook's skull virus simply shouldn't work on an alien mainframe. Skynet's probably been built to interface with all Earth OSs made up to 1997, but that doesn't help with the technology found in other dimensions, or even Windows 2000.

2) Yes, absolutely. IIRC, Light and Wily were partners because Light was a supergenius programmer, and Wily was a supergenius engineer. In the Megaman core game universe, Wily's proposal that they join forces to build robots and revolutionize the world succeeds. The Battle Network games, on the other hand, are supposed to be an alternate universe, the divergence point being that Light's proposal to code a magical super-internet is the proposal that the two end up following. In either case, Light is an absolute master of the field, and should have no problem figuring out Skynet's OS and programming over a period of time. Wily, despite being an engineer first, has a fair number of feats in both timelines, including reprogramming the original 6 Robot Masters, programming most of the next few generations of Robot Master, (excepting Cossack's bots) capturing and reprogramming a copy of Mega Man from the future, (Quint) and eventually inventing Roboenza, which is just absolutely ridiculous, as explained below. And all these are from the main games timeline.

The Battle Network games involve a version of the internet that includes inherent VR in its circuitry, contains millions of AIs both created and manifested including at least one that literally houses a human soul, can make your appliances do things they simply were not built to do, and at one point breaches the dimensional barrier to Boktai. Most of this is Light's doing, but Wily does a number of tricks with it, including unleashing Bass.exe on the thing - a piece of self-evolving code that tears apart other programs and incorporates all of their capabilities into his own. While Light and Wily don't have the experience to replicate these feats in the main games' universe, they do have the genius and potential to do so.

3) Yes. Absoluutely. Remember all that stuff I mentioned about the Independence Day problem? Roboenza eventually becomes the Sigma virus, which doesn't have that problem. As far as I can tell, the Sigma virus hacks into reality itself, or at least the planet's EM field, allowing Sigma to manifest himself from pure energy in some of the games. As far as I can tell, there is absolutely nothing Skynet could do to prevent Sigma from taking it over like he did everything else.

4) Mmmaybe? I mean, Skynet does show some capabilities only a few characters might be able to match. Quint may or may not be from an aborted timeline, so the main Mega Man universe may not have developed time travel. And the liquid metal technology in the T1000s isn't seen much. Wily may have a similar creation in the Yellow Devil, but Skynet's seems to do a few things the main Mega Man universe hasn't gotten to. That said, Skynet's going to want to upgrade its designs hard and fast once it gets to the Mega Man universe, taking advantage of the various advanced polymers, ceramics, and alloys found in the Mega Man universe, as well as the highly advanced energy weapons Light and Wily developed. Wily invented a device that stops time for everyone but the user, among other things.

But, remember, X was considered archaic when he first woke up. Skynet's not really too different - Reploids might not be impressed by its hardware, but it is still recognizably a fully aware AI, and therefore considered some sort of equal, though it might be misdiagnosed as a Maverick.

Amazing Member

Update: I forgot to add in question for OCP so here goes:

Suppose Omni Consumer Products (OCP) wants to hire Light, Wily, or Cossack to work for them. Would any of them take the job and what would be the outcome?

What would Light, Wily, or Cossack's opinion regarding the Robocop project? Or cyborgs for that matter?

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody View Post
    Update: I forgot to add in question for OCP so here goes:

Suppose Omni Consumer Products (OCP) wants to hire Light, Wily, or Cossack to work for them. Would any of them take the job and what would be the outcome?

What would Light, Wily, or Cossack's opinion regarding the Robocop project? Or cyborgs for that matter?
    I can't think Light would become an employee. He's already running his own successful robotics lab. I could see him building something to order for them, though, since I imagine that's how he proliferated robots in the first place: it's not really gone into exactly why Light and Wily made the original robot masters the way they did, just that they were intended for various civilian jobs like excavation and demolitions. I figure existing corporations were buying them. However, that said, Light would probably look at Detroit and put OCP out of business by building his own robot cops and donating them to the police force. He'd probably rebuild the city, as well.

Wily, on the other hand, might work for them after getting released from prison. It'd all be part of some plan, however, that resulted in OCP being used to make Robot Masters which would then run rampant and result in the company being destroyed.

Cossack's... hard to gauge. All we really know is that he was another roboticist, who built or was coerced to claim he built, a set of Robot Masters which he used at Wily's behest. I guess he'd be almost guaranteed to work for OCP if they kidnapped Kalinka, but otherwise we really know nothing about the guy.

OCP's entire problem in the original movie was that they weren't advanced enough to make the robots they wanted. ED209 was riddled with flaws and bugs, and failed QA so badly that they went with the Robocop design instead. And Robocop worked by hijacking a human brain to make complex decisions instead of developing an actual AI. So, likely, Light, Wily, and Cossack would consider Robocop and cyborgs in general as hack-job workarounds needed by people who hadn't yet developed the technology necessary to build real robots.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

1. Not Rock, maybe the others. Probably not Bass, at least.
    2. Yes. Are you kidding me? Like a hundred years in the future they're STILL having trouble with Wily's coding, and STILL unable to perfectly reproduce X.
    3. Yes. The virus is a nasty, insidious piece of work. Reploids are alive to an extent that they're basically indistinguishable from humans, and they are universally susceptible.
    4. Yes. In terms of being an AI, that is. Remember the robots of Dr. Light's time were already advanced enough that they basically behaved like humans with individual personalities and learning abilities. They probably qualified as being alive under at least some definitions of the word, they just didn't have true self determination (save possibly for Rock) because they could be reprogrammed, and were programmed for specific purposes. The point of X wasn't to create an AI, but to create something that could grow and truly choose its own path, instead of just being a ready-made whatever. So odds are, Lightbots were already Skynet tier AIs.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 04-02-2017 at 05:12 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Amazing Member

I would imagine that OCP would force and threaten Light, and maybe Cossack, into working for them by either threat of legal action (knowing OCP, they'll come up with some lie to make it true.) Blackmail, publicly shaming or ruining their name, or some other idea. Of course Light has been through public shaming before in Megaman 9 and Cossack experienced blackmail by his daughter being kidnapped by Wily.

OCP would try to the same thing with Wily. But this is where everything goes straight to hell for OCP. The moment Wily shows up at OCP Headquarters, he takes over OCP by force with his robots, overthrowing the entire executive heads and declaring himself the head of OCP. At this point, Wily renames Omni Consumer Products to Wily Consumer Products (or something of that nature), converts OCP Headquarters into another version of the Wily Castle. From there, Detroit is now under the iron-fisted rule of Wily. Not even Robocop can stop Wily now.

As far as Robocop and cyborgs? I'm not sure what kind of opinion Wily would have, but I do know that Light and Cossack would consider cyborgs to be an abomination due to combining living things with cybernetics.