Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Justin Jordan & Kyle Strahm "Spread" Tentacles and Terror

"Luther Strode's" Justin Jordan tells CBR about "Spread," his new Image series that follows a man and a baby trying to save the world from unimaginable evil.

Full article here.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    "Luther Strode's" Justin Jordan tells CBR about "Spread," his new Image series that follows a man and a baby trying to save the world from unimaginable evil.

Full article here.
    I am sorry but if I were Marvel I would be suing this title for trade mark infringement over the name Hope . it would not be hard to prove because lets face all Justen did was take Marvels cable and make it in mad max and and did not bother to change the babies name. the concept is written here is also the same as cable with out the time hopping . he wants to come across as original but doesn't even take the time change a name . incase people want to mention lone wolf and cub Marvel at least changed the name from Digiro The Apolocolyps story here is the same one Dark horse used to up date lone wolf and cub.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Philip A Moore View Post
    I am sorry but if I were Marvel I would be suing this title for trade mark infringement over the name Hope . it would not be hard to prove because lets face all Justen did was take Marvels cable and make it in mad max and and did not bother to change the babies name. the concept is written here is also the same as cable with out the time hopping . he wants to come across as original but doesn't even take the time change a name . incase people want to mention lone wolf and cub Marvel at least changed the name from Digiro The Apolocolyps story here is the same one Dark horse used to up date lone wolf and cub.
    lol having a baby named Hope in an apocalypse setting has only been done once and only done by Marvel and is a truly original idea

Also this title is literally zombie Lone Wolf and Cub.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    lol having a baby named Hope in an apocalypse setting has only been done once and only done by Marvel and is a truly original idea

Infected/zombie Lone Wolf and Cub but yeah. I wish I named my first daughter Hope so I could sue them. lol, what.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip A Moore View Post
    That was the first thing I thought of when they showed him carrying that baby in that front carrier. It looks just like Cable carrying Hope.

spread.jpgcable.jpg

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post

I never said it was only done by marvel. only that they hold the trade mark I loved the cable hope Bishop book . it was the only time until that point I liked Cable. this just sounds to much like it.

Just read the first issue. Superb! Easily comic of the week for me. I'm so happy the Justin decided to use the glossy pages format for this title. The printing quality is very important to me, this book is just beautiful.

I'm in for the long haul. Buy this book people!!! I want to see it go to 60 issues like Justin and kyle had planned.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Im trying to track it down.

Spectacular Member

i have seen about a dozen or so babies named hope in different stories...hell i was an artist on one of those stories XD
    as far as i remember there was one in xena warrior princess as well.

you could go and make the same case that the amorphous mutated monstrosities both here and in my death vigil look like something from the thing, or from lovecraft or whatever

and at the same time lion king is macbeth with lions.

ultimately none of it matters. pretty much everything has been done, all the great story archetypes told all the great monster archetypes slain.

but we still read books , comics and watch movies.

why?....because it is not about whether the monster is slain , but about the journey
    so, superficial similarities aside, how's about we read some damn comics XD

I dont understand why marvel dont sue DC too when they are putting out superhero comics like marvels!

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post

and at the same time lion king is macbeth with lions.
    Hamlet

Spectacular Member

sorry, half asleep here brain operating at 32% XD, but yeah, hamlet