Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert View Post
    Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have Damian. Like I said in the OP, I'm a much bigger fan of Damian than Tim. I'm just comparing/contrasting what it would take to introduce either character in a film. And also like I said in the OP, I think even Tim fans should be able to admit that Damian opens up many more interesting story telling opportunities than Tim. I think a wider audience would love to see a blood son of Batman (I know when I first found out about the character I thought it was an awesome concept). I also think having a child with one of your villains allows from some really cool story points.

I'm just debating which one is more feasible. I think my two main points against Damian are that it's much easier to age up Tim a la Arkham Knight than it is to age up Damian. I don't think we've ever even seen a successful version of Damian at the age they'd need him to be for the movie.
    The second point is that it would take a lot more work to introduce him because you'd have to introduce the Al Ghuls and Batman's romance with Talia before you could even get to Damian. I just think that's a lot to introduce as a subplot, but ultimately I think Damian is a much better fit for the DCEU than Tim.
    WE also haven't seen a successful or any Tim anywhere outside of comics. Arkham Tim wasn't Tim. DC has never not once in his 30 year life been interested in featuring Tim outside of comics that one time in BTAS 100% Jason.

If they won't give him a chance in animation why would they in life action?
    Plus we've already seen a random helping Batman in TDKR and it didn't set audiences on fire why do a repeat?
    But most importantly like I said before it comes down to who they want not who is easier. Let's say that Damian is indeed harder but the payoff is far greater so there's.

I'm not sure if there will be a robin in the DCEU but if there is I don't see them going radom guy when it could be the son of Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    If I look at the comics and Animated Movies most of this oportunities have again been the Al Ghuls, and in the cinematic universe I would prefer to see a bigger variaty of batmans rogue gallery.
    The fact that the Al Ghul's have been done recently is actually the only thing that works against Damian imo

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yes BUT I'm not sure folks would be happy with a 11-13 year kid fighting along side Batman in a live action film.

And with certain laws with how much filming and WHEN you can film with a minor might be a turn off.

It's not impossible but is it really worth doing?

Tim would be easier to do.
    Tim isnt happening....
    talia al ghoul, ras al ghoul and the league of assasin isnt somthing they should pass up
    not to mention it ties into the redhood's backstory as well

Damin can exist, testube baby acclerated growth. so mabey not 13 but after age 14 you can be grown as man and it wont matter it all depends ont he actors if they get this guy
    dylan sprayberry 5'5 age 18, very unfortunate for him acting wise since it will prevent him from playing leading men, action heroes or pretty much anything that isnt a teenagerm which he will no longer be able to do in another decade
    anyway he be a good fit for damian temporariyl until they were ready to age him, which would mean repalcing him with a taller actor, since we know the bat genes will blow up damian eventually
    yes he did play young superman i would basicly give him green contacts, he hasnt changed too much jsut some mucle

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    talia al ghoul, ras al ghoul and the league of assasin isnt somthing they should pass up
    not to mention it ties into the redhood's backstory as well
    You can do Red Hood without, in the comic version of UtRH they don't appear, and Arkham Knight did it also without.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Damin can exist, testube baby acclerated growth. so mabey not 13 but after age 14 you can be grown as man and it wont matter it all depends ont he actors if they get this guy
    dylan sprayberry 5'5 age 18,
    That would raise the question why Bruce Son looks like the young Clark Kent from Man of Steel

You can do Red Hood without, in the comic version of UtRH they don't appear, and Arkham Knight did it also without.

That would raise the question why Bruce Son looks like the young Clark Kent from Man of Steel

Because this happened.....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    If they won't give him a chance in animation why would they in life action?
    He is in Young Justice and was in two of the Batman Unlimited movies.

He is in Young Justice and was in two of the Batman Unlimited movies.
    I blinked and I missed him in YJ
    Batman Unlimited Tim again wasn't Tim. Ironically Unlimited Damian was Tim and Unlimited Nightwing was Damian.
    YJ was the closest and he was just filler he only had lines in that 1 episode if I recall that doesn't scream character we want to showcase.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I doubt Tim will ever show up in the DCEU, so yeah, I definitely see Damian coming if they decide to go a route with robin.

I feel like Tim would be easier to adapt and work well with the development of Batman getting over Jason's death and finding a new partner, but if they did go with Damian I think they'd have to alter him quite a bit to make him work in the DCEU.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I blinked and I missed him in YJ
    Batman Unlimited Tim again wasn't Tim. Ironically Unlimited Damian was Tim and Unlimited Nightwing was Damian.
    YJ was the closest and he was just filler he only had lines in that 1 episode if I recall that doesn't scream character we want to showcase.
    How was Batman Unlimited Nightwing more like Damian? The spiky hair ?

And you could say that filler thing for 80% of the season 2 cast.

Extraordinary Member

Why would you why not jsut tie them all togther in a nice bow that worked so well already in that well acclaimed

Becasue hair die, contacts can do wonders, the only issue here is that damian really should be a lil asian

All-New Member

If I look at the comics and Animated Movies most of this oportunities have again been the Al Ghuls, and in the cinematic universe I would prefer to see a bigger variaty of batmans rogue gallery.
    There's definitely a lot more you can do with Damian than just deal with his Al Ghul heritage. Obviously seeing our hero deal with sharing a child with a villain would be an awesome dynamic to see on screen, but there's still other stuff you can do. You can play with the father/son dynamic with Damian. We can watch Bruce struggle to be father and make the right decisions to raise his son correctly (a la Tomasi's Batman & Robin). We can see Damian grow from a bloodthirsty, arrogant child into a hero in his own right (albeit a somewhat cocky one).

I just think there's a ton of storytelling opportunities with Damian that Tim doesn't have. Whereas, most things you can do with Tim, you can also do them with Damian.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    When it comes to Damien I actually preferred him with Grayson as his Batman over Bruce.
    I wouldn't worry there is a pretty good chance of Bats dying the DCEU and Dick taking over.

Damian fits just fine especially since Bats is presumably late 30s early 40s in universe right now.

Murder Kids or teens like X-23 and Hit-girl have done well.
    The Ghuls are popular in media.
    Damian is prominent in comics and animated.
    The Son of Bat breaks actual new ground at least in the Movies.

I see no reason it be Tim Drake quite frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Tim would be easier to adapt and work well with the development of Batman getting over Jason's death and finding a new partner, but if they did go with Damian I think they'd have to alter him quite a bit to make him work in the DCEU.

How was Batman Unlimited Nightwing more like Damian? The spiky hair ?

And you could say that filler thing for 80% of the season 2 cast.
    I honestly think Damian works better, and I'm a huge Tim fan.

Tim's whole shtick is to kind of bring Batman back to the light, that he needs a Robin to avoid going too dark, but Superman/The JL seems to kind of be filling that role already. Damian works well as a test of that. The idea that Batman is reformed, but can he do the same for someone else?