Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lobster Johnson: The Pirate's Ghost

Wow, firing on all cylinders. After last weeks luke warm offering from Team Mignola (The Visitor) this was a canon blast. Multi- story threads, nice character development, the return of old villains, a spectral mystery, and rip roaring action.
    And all illustrated by stand out art of Zonjic. More like this please.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Yeah, this was a lot of fun. I'm wondering where they're going with the whole ghost angle.

All-New Member

Did this actually come out last week or is it this week? Didn't see it at my shop last week.

All-New Member

It definitely starts out a lot stronger than The Visitor.
    I wonder if this story will tie into the background story of Lobster Johnson the series has been hinting at for some time now.

What do people think of the Lobster Johnson mini series in general?
    Some for me have been hits but there have also been some weaker stories as well. "A chain forged in life" comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TDG View Post
    It definitely starts out a lot stronger than The Visitor.
    I wonder if this story will tie into the background story of Lobster Johnson the series has been hinting at for some time now.

What do people think of the Lobster Johnson mini series in general?
    Some for me have been hits but there have also been some weaker stories as well. "A chain forged in life" comes to mind.
    I actually really liked the Chain Forged in life, but I tend to like the stories where the Lobster is more mysterious more than the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I actually really liked the Chain Forged in life, but I tend to like the stories where the Lobster is more mysterious more than the rest.
    Yeah, it's a favourite of mine too.

This was another fun issue. Ghost Pirates, man. Can't go wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    This was another fun issue. Ghost Pirates, man. Can't go wrong!
    Yeah, I'm loving this miniseries. Purely on a craft level, pages 2–6 were so well executed. I've read #2 three times now...

More than anything else I loved the Tarzan sequence, I'd kill to see Tonci do a Tarzan book.

For issue #3 (of 3), Dark Horse's webite has it as "Publication Date: May 24, 2017", but according to the ComicList "Extended Forecast", it looks like it might have been bumped until May 31st for release?

The Claw of Justice!

I'm way behind on my comic reading, so I just read issue #2. Fantastic! I can't wait for the next issue.

I also really enjoyed your Mignolaversity review of #2, middenway. The exploration of how color was used in the story is fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    I'm way behind on my comic reading, so I just read issue #2. Fantastic! I can't wait for the next issue.

I also really enjoyed your Mignolaversity review of #2, middenway. The exploration of how color was used in the story is fascinating.
    Honestly, I couldn't help myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    For issue #3 (of 3), Dark Horse's webite has it as "Publication Date: May 24, 2017", but according to the ComicList "Extended Forecast", it looks like it might have been bumped until May 31st for release?
    Yeah, it's been bumped back to May 31.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Yeah, it's been bumped back to May 31.
    I did notice recently that the darkhorse.com entry for the issue eventually revised the date.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Thanks for the word.

Those are some sweet covers!