Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Has there been any news about Dark Nights ? I'm actually quite hyped about it (mainly because of the new "line" of comics that will be launched after it, I like most of their concepts), and I find it strange that we haven't heard much about it since the initial announcement.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Has there been any news about Dark Nights ? I'm actually quite hyped about it (mainly because of the new "line" of comics that will be launched after it, I like most of their concepts), and I find it strange that we haven't heard much about it since the initial announcement.
    May 12th: Scott Snyder Shares Dark Nights: Metal Insight, Greg Capullo Artwork
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Thanks ! I had missed that and I love this artwork (except perhaps Mongul's face). I hope Batman will get his armour back to Gotham, because he sure makes it fit.

There has been a new interview about Metal b y Scott Snyder (courtesy of Caivu) :

Scott Snyder goes over the new Dark Knights: Metal, discussing the story, the preludes, and possible connections to Rebirth.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Yes, that was a great interview.

I'm really starting to suspect my Court of Owls theory is wrong and that if they're part of Metal, it won't be in a big way like I imagined.

Which of course invites another question: Is Scott Snyder going to do his stated planned Wave 2 of Court of Owls that he wants to do with Capullo?
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Event three "responding" to our current political climate. This is probably the least partisan of the three (Mister Miracle, Doomsday Clock, and now Metal), but it's a bit annoying. As if we couldn't tell what Superheavy's last three issues were trying to say.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I'm kind of sorry I pre-ordered the two one-shots (Dark Days: The Forge & Dark Days: The Casting). The more I see and read about this event, the less apealing it all seems to me. I'm going to jump ship on this one.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yes, that was a great interview.

I'm really starting to suspect my Court of Owls theory is wrong and that if they're part of Metal, it won't be in a big way like I imagined.

Which of course invites another question: Is Scott Snyder going to do his stated planned Wave 2 of Court of Owls that he wants to do with Capullo?
    That is a really great point. I thought that Metal was the return of the Owls as well, but Snyder hasn't said anything about that recently - either because plans have changed (which he does a lot), or because he wants to kinda keep it more of a surprise as the event ramps up, even if he already talked about it a while back. People forget things!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I don't think that it has been posted here yet :

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I don't think that it has been posted here yet :
    not much if any new info here