Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Default Avengers World #5 review

So, I'm loving how this book is going. I love the characters Hickman is using in this book and I find it to be the best Avengers book going today. I've read the first few issues of each and Avengers World has been the Avengers book I've decided to stick with and the first 5 issues have most certainly been a treat, I've got no need for anything else Avengers related.

Issue #5 was fun, I believe it was the first time we've seen Iron Man in this particular series and I had to laugh at the Bruce Banner scene when we was having his briefing. Lot's to like about this issue, including a fun little segment with Manifold which I felt was extremely well done. Great stuff here!

Indeed this issue was incredibly fun. The humor worked really well especially the Banner scene. I'm sad that Caselli will not be drawing the next issue but the next guy does beautiful work. I also loved what the colorist did in this issue. I can't quite figure it out but it was definitely different from the other issues but in a good way.

All in all great characterization coupled with great art made this another solid issue.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

All-New Member

Anyone want to share a synopsis?

Quote Originally Posted by bad_trotsky View Post
    Anyone want to share a synopsis?
    I'm not sure... we do have new rules against spoilers, right? I'll try writing with spoiler-tags tho', so here goes.

SPOILERS!! (highlight to read)
    ------------------------
    *Bruce banner has a team of nervous shield-scientists working to break into the AIM shield
    *Manifold is having trouble teleporting, since Infinity.
    *Iron Man tries to give him a pep-talk, not knowing he can't teleport.
    *Captain Universe uses the Dream-time to help Manifold get his groove back.
    *Mani' gets his groove back
    *Just in time for Banner having figured out how to crack the shield, all for nothing, hilariously.
    *Graviton is revealed to be a member of the new AIM. Apparently he reconstituted himself, from his death. ( how is not revealed, but it's mentioned)
    *Scientist Supreme is smug, thinking his army of AIM, and team of Graviton, Superia, himself, Entropic Man, and Messenger ( smasher), will be enough to defeat the Avengers.
    *He's about to find out how wrong he is, as Manifold teleports the Avengers-rescue team into AIM-island.
    * Now we'll see... what is stronger..? Entropy, the end of all things, or Syntropy - THE POWER OF THE LIVING UNIVERSE!!

----------------------------
    END SPOILERS.

Surprised by the lack of reception for this issue, I though it was really fun and had some intriguing tidbits.
    Spencer is doing a very good job handling the humour in this series, those poor Shield agents , and writing AIM as an interesting threat. Caselli has been great too.
    On the story, Manifold totally went through Black Swans hall and saw an Incursion (also, hey Captain Universe!). I'm curious to see what rol will he play in all this.
    Last edited by SuperBeetle; 05-02-2014 at 04:22 PM.

^^^^^Yes. This book is GREAT. Especially the way it ties into Avengers and New Avengers, BUT it also spot lights characters like Manifold and Smasher. It's good stuff. Manifold is a very interesting character. Captain Universe is mysterious as ever. Very solid and worth being on a pull list.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman