Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: New Warriors, #4

THE KIDS ARE ALL FIGHT (PART 4 of 4)
    • The end is here as the Second Evolutionary War begins!
    • The New Warriors face off against the High Evolutionary. Can they stop world-wide genocide? Should they? How many lives would you sacrifice to save all of humanity?
    • Judgement is coming for the Marvel Universe.

Full article here.

Mighty Member

It doesn't get said often enough, but New Warriors has some awesome covers.

I love this series! Can't wait to get this!

Yay!!!! I'm really excited for this issue! The team is finally gonna all come together and I can't wait! :-)

Marcus To has really upped his game, that's some incredible work.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I'm enjoying this so far
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Not a bad story, though the High Evolutionary's concerns seem quite silly. After all, all these superpowered variants on humanity and magical beings such as mutants, accidental superhumans, alien hybrids, gods such as the Asgardians, and human/demon hybrids were around the last time a Celestial Host came to judge the Earth, and they gave the planet a thumbs up. There doesn't seem to be any reason to think that they would condemn Earth for this reason now (mutants giving Celestials the axe is a different matter altogether, of course).

I can't wait to see what else the New Warriors are going to have to deal wiuth after the HE. Hopefully, we'll see some old foes back.

Peace

Wow, Haechi got into costume quick!

Also, I'm surprised they got to the High Evolutionaries lair so quickly.

Marcus To's art is incredible as always, and same to Yost's writing. Can't wait for this issue.

I just caught up on issues 2 and 3 and I have to say I'm still feeling a bit cold. Marcus To is definitely the highlight of the book but Yost's dialogue and directing is not enough for me.

In my opinion, it lacks atmosphere. An extinction-level threat is occurring but I'm not getting a sense of urgency or forebode. Conflict is occurring and characters are being quippy and snappy, which is fine. I like that overall the pace is quick instead of dragging it out. But I like books with atmosphere.

What I am interested in seeing develop is the Scarlet Spider/Nova relationship. Classic mash-up with the naive upstart vs. jaded veteran. I think they will play off each other well. Just my two cents! I'll finish out this arc at least and I have a feeling this book will tie-in with Spider-Verse down the line. Kaine is my biggest investment in the book.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Not a bad story, though the High Evolutionary's concerns seem quite silly. After all, all these superpowered variants on humanity and magical beings such as mutants, accidental superhumans, alien hybrids, gods such as the Asgardians, and human/demon hybrids were around the last time a Celestial Host came to judge the Earth, and they gave the planet a thumbs up. There doesn't seem to be any reason to think that they would condemn Earth for this reason now (mutants giving Celestials the axe is a different matter altogether, of course).
    Eh, bad guys be crazy.

I'm still not on board with this title, too many obscure/new characters for me to get into. I like the premise, and I like Kaine, Nova, Justice and Speedball but the others I care very little about. Maybe rightfully so. I think it might be advantageous for Marvel to dig into their back catalogs sometimes and pull out a character with some notable history for risky titles like these. I have a feeling this title will suffer the same fate as FEARLESS DEFENDERS. Just not enough big-enough names to carry the title through a plodding story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    I just caught up on issues 2 and 3 and I have to say I'm still feeling a bit cold. Marcus To is definitely the highlight of the book but Yost's dialogue and directing is not enough for me.

In my opinion, it lacks atmosphere. An extinction-level threat is occurring but I'm not getting a sense of urgency or forebode. Conflict is occurring and characters are being quippy and snappy, which is fine. I like that overall the pace is quick instead of dragging it out. But I like books with atmosphere.

What I am interested in seeing develop is the Scarlet Spider/Nova relationship. Classic mash-up with the naive upstart vs. jaded veteran. I think they will play off each other well. Just my two cents! I'll finish out this arc at least and I have a feeling this book will tie-in with Spider-Verse down the line. Kaine is my biggest investment in the book.
    High Evolutionary thinks there's an extinction level threat, but based on all previous appearances of the Celestials in relation to Earth, nope.

Its a solid book..enjoying it..starting to think Haechi is a bit dull, but really like how Yost is handling the Spider and Nova dynamic...its just what little Rider Jr. needs