Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Who can take a punch from One Punch Man?

As in take a punch and come back fighting. Or even just survive a punch? Is this guy getting up there into Popeye on Spinach territory or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    As in take a punch and come back fighting. Or even just survive a punch? Is this guy getting up there into Popeye on Spinach territory or what?
    Boros took quite a few punches from him and survived. They hurt like hell and Satiama even splattered him with Consecutive Normal Punches, but he was able to come back from them.
    And then Saitama wiped him out with a serious punch.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I was looking for for characters outside of the OMP universe, my bad for not explaining that in the initial post.

For Boros though I do have to wonder if he could take one serious punch if Saitama started out the battle with one.
    Last edited by Grim Ghost; 04-03-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Class 100 for sure. DC bricks like Superman should survive it due to comparable feats. Saitama himself is basically a Class 100 brick who breaks the curve in his own universe, he should be formidable, but not unstoppable, in another universe with other Class 100 bricks.

For Boros though I do have to wonder if he could take one serious punch if Satiama started out the battle with one.
    I think it's fair to say that Saitama's "serious punch" is only serious in a sense that he actually means to punch someone, and not serious in the sense of "putting everything he has into a single punch". There is a very large gap in the two. I very much doubt Boros would survive a serious serious punch at all.

Saitama sometimes verges on toonforce. That's not a criticism or anything, though. If it works, it works.

With that said... Popeye with spinach can probably take it.

Aquarian's null field will reduce the force of the punch to nearly nothing.

Inertia of the Squadron Supreme could redirect the force of the blow to another person or object nearby.

Skilled DC speed force users (especially the various Flash characters) could like retreat from the punch just as contact is made and before the kinetic energy of the punch is transferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Class 100 for sure. DC bricks like Superman should survive it due to comparable feats. Saitama himself is basically a Class 100 brick who breaks the curve in his own universe, he should be formidable, but not unstoppable, in another universe with other Class 100 bricks.

I think it's fair to say that Saitama's "serious punch" is only serious in a sense that he actually means to punch someone, and not serious in the sense of "putting everything he has into a single punch". There is a very large gap in the two. I very much doubt Boros would survive a serious serious punch at all.
    I was under the impression that "serious punch" was sort of the equivalent of Guyver's chest beams or something, as in his ultimate finisher sort of thing.

I'd love to see what Cannonball or Speedball can do, just for shits and giggles. If they can absorb or take it, then cool. If they get splattered like so much chunky salsa, then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'd love to see what Cannonball or Speedball can do, just for shits and giggles. If they can absorb or take it, then cool. If they get splattered like so much chunky salsa, then so be it.
    I could imagine Speedball just endlessly flying through space forever or something. Hasn't Cannonball been shown to be hurt by class 100 types while blasting before? My memory is pretty hazy on X stuff.

I could imagine Speedball just endlessly flying through space forever or something. Hasn't Cannonball been shown to be hurt by class 100 types while blasting before? My memory is pretty hazy on X stuff.
    Yes he's been hurt, though in his famous fight against Gladiator, Cannonball expected to be punched, and so he directed his field to absorb the hit and store it so that he could return the punch with the same force right back at Gladiator. That's how he quote-unquote "won." (even though he got right back up)

Obviously in this case Cannonball will expect the punch and, if on the off chance he succeeds, he won't be redirecting the punch since that's not part of the topic.

I was under the impression that "serious punch" was sort of the equivalent of Guyver's chest beams or something, as in his ultimate finisher sort of thing.
    No, that's part of the joke/satire in the series. Basically, up until the Boros fight, Saitama was never serious about the fight. And even after the Serious Punch, Boros called out that Saitama was not going all out (and Saitama's answering silence spoke volumes right there). So all the giants, the impossible monsters, the Sea King, those folks? They all were one-shot by punches where Saitama was not even trying. To use an analogy, Saitama until this point was like a pro boxer who had been doing the equivalent of punching his friends' arms or shadowboxing with kids, and wiping everything out. The Serious Punch is that same boxer actually getting into his stance, concentrating on his target, and throwing an actual jab. It will hit a lot harder than the playing beforehand, but still not match what the boxer can do if he throws everything into a punch. Which Saitama has never done since he has never run into something that requires it.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

BANNED

Going by feats, Varja Asura as per his fight against Gongen Wyzen. Being poked by something around the size of Gaea and stopping the offending finger says a ton about how durable he is.

If we're looking at power-users, Z from the Tenchi Myuo OVA. Pretty much Saitama's antithesis, and there's nothing Saitama can do to him.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Kitty Pryde.

Superman, easily. It took Saitama several "normal" punches and one "serious" punch to defeat Boros. The collateral damage? One ship the size of a few blocks, and some clouds. Superman shrugs off hits that make that look like a love tap. Flew through a red sun, lived. Smashed between New Genesis and Apokolips, lived. Held an exposed black hole, lived.

Held an exposed black hole, lived.
    If you're not talking about the time he held a dust speck sized black hole either with the help of its faltering but still existing containment field, and later on with the help of Green Lantern, when do you feel that happened?