Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

as someone who grew up watching reruns of the Adam West series and developed a huge crush on Yvonne Craig i'm far more interested in Cass or Stephanie.

I began reading comics with Steph as Batgirl and Damian as Robin, so I am way more invested in them as a Robin-Batgirl team and I like Babs but I think as I've said before: Barbara outgrew the Batgirl mantle and they are making her stay on it, it's almost if Dick dropped his Nightwing mantle and went back to the green leotard.

Not to mention that poor Barbara even if she's the one that gets the more spotlight suffers as well, deaged, Batgirl solo makes her act like she's a 18 year old Millennial, and if the Killing Joke was bad already, that unnecessary sex scene with Bruce made it worse.

See? Nobody wins.

I think DC is an evil company, who kills little kittens and hate Cass, Steph and the fans.They rejoice with our sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo-man View Post
    I think DC is an evil company, who kills little kittens and hate Cass, Steph and the fans.They rejoice with our sorrow.
    I agree. DC hates good characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I agree. DC hates good characters.
    You know, I think they were being sarcastic and trying to mock us, but what they said was completely true.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    as someone who grew up watching reruns of the Adam West series and developed a huge crush on Yvonne Craig i'm far more interested in Cass or Stephanie.
    Yeah, but I think you're exceptional in this regard. Most fans develop the strongest attachment to the first version they encounter (assuming they like the character in the first place). This does not preclude the possibility of also liking other iterations, but for the most part, I would say people become most vested in the first version they come to know and like.

Fifty years on, the Silver/Bronze Ages continue to cast a long shadow upon the mythos of the DC Universe. Perhaps it will not always be so, but it will likely remain so for at least another few years...at least until large parts of the fandom from that era disappear through natural attrition.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Because outside of comics no one knows who Cass or Stephanie are. Babs is already the established Batgirl in the minds of the general fandom and public and it is easier to use her.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    You know, I think they were being sarcastic and trying to mock us, but what they said was completely true.
    It's not for mockery, I don't fall in such nonsense. It's to show you how ridiculous is thinking DC hates Steph and Cass. Yeah, I think some writers prefer some characters than others but I don't think DC hates their characters. Or contrary, why DC reintroduces Cass and Steph again if they hate them? Do you think they hate the fans when I'm pretty sure that the reintroduction of both was mostly to content them and make some money?

DC as a company don't hate their characters, simply they think that others characters are more profitable at this moment. In the same moment that they think than Steph and Cass can give to them more money they will promote both characters inmediatly.

This is not about hate, it's about money and speculation to expand their potential market to new consumers with the movies, games etc. That's all, there is no hate or hidden agendas.
    Last edited by Orujo-man; 04-03-2017 at 06:03 PM.

BANNED

It's not for mockery, I don't fall in such nonsense. It's to show you how ridiculous is thinking DC hates Steph and Cass. Yeah, I think some writers prefer some characters than others but I don't think DC hates their characters. Or contrary, why DC reintroduces Cass and Steph again if they hate them? Do you think they hate the fans when I'm pretty sure that the reintroduction of both was mostly to content them and make some money?

DC as a company don't hate their characters, simply they think that others characters are more profitable at this moment. In the same moment that they think than Steph and Cass can give to them more money they will promote both characters inmediatly.

This is not about hate, it's about money and speculation to expand their potential market to new consumers with the movies, games etc. That's all, there is no hate or hidden agendas.
    Saying DC IS a mistake, since a lot of people who work for the company DO like them. Far as we know, the only confirmed person who hates them is DiDio. His describing them as "toxic" is proof of that.

They eventually came back through a combination of fan demand and writers frequently asking to use them.

As for DC hating the fans? No, it's just that they don't CARE about the fans. They half assed bringing Cass and Steph back, they've half assed bringing Wally back, they've half assed Rebirth, and they only did things like these to shut up the more vocal fans. They want to TELL us what we want, instead of giving us what we want.

And I'm sorry, I get that business is business, but you can't expect a character to become more profitable in outside media unless you give them a shot in that regard, and if they didn't just want to focus on their cashcows, the first characters they'd turn to would be fanfavorites...you'd THINK. As I mentioned, Beware the Batman had ALL the circumstances for Cass to show up, and yet they went with Katana, a character whose popularity at the time wasn't on Cass's level. (Following the Suicide Squad movie that's likely changed)

The bias is obvious.

Spectacular Member

I hate Bette's new codename Hawkfire.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LexValentine View Post
    I hate Bette's new codename Hawkfire.
    Agreed. Flamebird is much better. Hopefully she'll show up with ANY codename in Batwoman.

Saying DC IS a mistake, since a lot of people who work for the company DO like them. Far as we know, the only confirmed person who hates them is DiDio. His describing them as "toxic" is proof of that.

They eventually came back through a combination of fan demand and writers frequently asking to use them.

As for DC hating the fans? No, it's just that they don't CARE about the fans. They half assed bringing Cass and Steph back, they've half assed bringing Wally back, they've half assed Rebirth, and they only did things like these to shut up the more vocal fans. They want to TELL us what we want, instead of giving us what we want.

And I'm sorry, I get that business is business, but you can't expect a character to become more profitable in outside media unless you give them a shot in that regard, and if they didn't just want to focus on their cashcows, the first characters they'd turn to would be fanfavorites...you'd THINK. As I mentioned, Beware the Batman had ALL the circumstances for Cass to show up, and yet they went with Katana, a character whose popularity at the time wasn't on Cass's level. (Following the Suicide Squad movie that's likely changed)

The bias is obvious.
    Ok, think what do you want if that's more easier and confortable to you. If you want to think that the direction of a millionaire company like DC is affected by something as superfluous as the hatred to X comic characters, go ahead.
    Last edited by Orujo-man; 04-03-2017 at 06:28 PM.

BANNED

Ok, think what do you want if that's more easier and confortable to you. If you want to think that the direction of a millionaire company like DC is affected by something as banal and superfluous as the hatred to X comic characters, go ahead.
    "It's not for mockery, I don't fall in such nonsense." - Orujo-man

I believe that as the Executive Editor of DC, DiDio has a lot of power over creative decisions, and, like all human beings, his bias on certain topics affects his decisions.

"It's not for mockery, I don't fall in such nonsense." - Orujo-man

I believe that as the Executive Editor of DC, DiDio has a lot of power over creative decisions, and, like all human beings, his bias on certain topics affects his decisions.
    Yeah it's not for mockery, simply I give up. I think I gave you pretty good reasons, think whatever you want.

BANNED

Yeah it's not for mockery, simply I give up. I think I gave you pretty good reasons, think whatever you want.
    Likewise, I believe I gave you good reasons. Honestly, the truth is probably somewhere between our different outlooks.