Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    The radioplays are on youtube Loving the recent Matt Wagner Shadow comics
    I'll have to check those out. My Dad bought us an LP called Lights Out back in the days of parents having a stereo system in the house. We would turn off the lights and listen to it. Corny at times but some scary episodes too. It sounds dumb but one was called "The Chicken Heart" Bill Cosby had a funny routine about it. It's not a popular thing to bring up but I still think he was a great storyteller. Sometimes it's hard to reconcile how someone can be so talented and yet be capable of such despicable criminal acts.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    For me, Grant Morrison hasn't written anything remotely worth reading since The Invisibles
    For me, he surpassed it straight away with The Filth. The Invisibles was ruined for me by the final volume - which I just couldn't understand in the slightest.

To steal your idea though:
    For me, Jeph Loeb hasn't written anything remotely worth reading since Challengers of the Unknown. (Though I've Just realised that's not totally true as I enjoyed Superman/Batman: Absolute Power)

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I think the monthly 20 page floppy comic book is a dinosaur of a mid-20th century product struggling to survive in a 21st century world/marketplace and needs to either evolve or die.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It sounds dumb but one was called "The Chicken Heart" Bill Cosby had a funny routine about it. It's not a popular thing to bring up but I still think he was a great storyteller. Sometimes it's hard to reconcile how someone can be so talented and yet be capable of such despicable criminal acts.
    I can live with hating Bill Cosby, but I do occasionally find myself singing a Gary Glitter song to myself - and quickly stop.

Oh yeah, I mean a lot of sports stadiums used to use Rock and Roll part 2 but not anymore.

Okay...

I never really cared for Bill Sienkewicz's artwork on New Mutants. Just too much of a shift in styles for me.

I didn't think Spider Man III was horrible. Flawed, and cramming in too many villains and plots, yes, but there are definitely worse comic book movies out there.

I've never read any issues of Iron Man's series. I've yet to even read a trade paperback of the classic 'Tony Stark faces alcoholism' storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Okay...

I never really cared for Bill Sienkewicz's artwork on New Mutants.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I actually kind of liked "All-New, All-Different" Alpha Flight.

The Sentry is one of my absolute favorite Marvel characters.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I liked Stephanie Brown's painfully short stint as Robin. Hell, I'd prefer her in the role over Tim Drake and especially Damien Wayne whom I absolutely can't stand.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-13-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The only reason I bought Hush was because of the pretty pictures by Jim Lee. I don't remember much of the actual story.

When I first heard of Giant Size X-Men I thought the title was literal, and it was about X-Men characters that just happened to be huge, like Juggernaut.

I've never read a Wonder Woman issue, I've read plenty of books with her in them but no Wonder Woman focused stories really.

I was one of those "Superman is the worst, Batman is the best" people before reading any Superman stuff(Batman is still my favorite DC character but I do like Superman now too).

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    When I first heard of Giant Size X-Men I thought the title was literal, and it was about X-Men characters that just happened to be huge, like Juggernaut.
    This needs to be a thing!!!
    Hobbes: How will these be so rare and valuable if every kid in America has five copies?
    Calvin: We're all counting on the other guys' moms to throw them away.
    —Calvin and Hobbes

Fantastic Member

I don't use Rob Liefield as a scapegoat for every negative thing that happened in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    I don't use Rob Liefield as a scapegoat for every negative thing that happened in the 90's.
    Todd McFarlane?
    Hobbes: How will these be so rare and valuable if every kid in America has five copies?
    Calvin: We're all counting on the other guys' moms to throw them away.
    —Calvin and Hobbes

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by popestu View Post
    Todd McFarlane?
    Nor him either. Like many situations there were a lot of factors involved in that decade of comics just like is and has been in every other decade. Just like every decade of comics had as much drek being published as the 90's. Blaming McFarlane and/or Liefield is just the easy go to scapegoat that people choose to continue to be ignorant about or just let their personal bias get in the way.