Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default What GENERATIONS is about accordingly with Bleeding Cool

I know, Bleeding Cool. To some, a bad word, to others, just another comic book website and one with the advantage of not just doing PR pieces.

Here's what they are uncovering:

What is Generations anyway? It has been revealed as ten stories featuring characters teaming up with their legacy versions – even older and younger versions of themselves. That’s how it has been described by Marvel, anyway.

But I’m being told that another word being used is “triage”. Indeed rather than being “inside” Secret Empire, as some suggested, it may be considered an antidote to people for whom Secret Empire is just too much.

The series will see current, more diverse or younger heroes, getting “zapped” out of the universe for a second or two, for a one-off adventure with their legacy equivalent character, then return back to the current Marvel Universe. That’s it.

Hyping it as more than that could be a mistake. These are feel good all-in-one stories with their heart in the right place, rather than a launch of something else, or a statement of publishing intent. And it is hard to say if it will please either end of the frustrated reading audience

Because Marvel are still gathering their marbles for a more involved comeback, now in 2018, leading up to the Avengers: Infinity War movie launch. Marvel feels wounded, they are trying to lick their wounds and play the long game.
    Source: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...ations-anyway/

And I thought that I'd be making a come back to Marvel Comics beyond Spider-Man comics this year. How wrong I was. Oh well, 2018 it can't get any worse, right?
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Honestly, this is what I was expecting for a lot of these team-ups when they were first announced, especially given some of them involve heroes who are still dead or probably not in the right state for a team-up with their legacy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, this is what I was expecting for a lot of these team-ups when they were first announced, especially given some of them involve heroes who are still dead or probably not in the right state for a team-up with their legacy right now.
    I think I was just hoping that when they said that there wouldn't be time travel involved they actually meant it. When you add this and Bendis writing Spider-Man, I just don't feel I have any reasons to get excited for this thing anymore. Cool Alex Ross cover tho, won't be getting either digitally or physically. Maybe by 2018 Marvel will finally have their stuff together.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

Ditto. Bringing back some of these heroes makes no sense given where their younger counterparts are right now.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Good I hope this is what happens please leave mar-vell in the grave please.

I can honestly see wolverine returning from the dead and Tony stark coming out of his coma.

And I think Jason Aaron actually will slowly build up to odinson eventually becoming Thor again eventually.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Is Bleeding Cool any reliable with this kind of brand new information? They've been saying ''I heard from someone'' a lot lately, but have they gotten any actual scoop before from inside sources?

Anyway, if it is this, color me disappointed. Just makes Axel Alonso looks bad with how he oversold it. Not to mention a liar, since he specifically said it was not going to be an AU story.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-04-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Is Bleeding Cool any reliable with this kind of brand new information? They've been saying ''I heard from someone'' a lot lately, but have they gotten any actual scoop before from inside sources?

Anyway, if it is this, color me disappointed. Just makes Axel Alonso looks bad with how he oversold it.
    They've been getting this kind of stuff right or very close to that for a long time now. Also, Marvel Retailer Summit reportedly discussed some plans that the retailers signed NDAs, but this kind of info always end up leaking. This is for the best tho because now I know that I'm completely uninterested in this.
    Pull list:

After the latest fiasco with their badly written report causing a wildfire across the fandom, give me a reason why I should trust Bleeding Cool with anything anymore.

It would be Cool of the site will just Bleed away from the Internet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    I know, Bleeding Cool. To some, a bad word, to others, just another comic book website and one with the advantage of not just doing PR pieces.

Here's what they are uncovering:

Source: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...ations-anyway/
    There's a way to not do PR puff pieces and still not be tabloid-style scuzzbags. BC has no interest in being anything but a muck-raking entity, taking cheap shots, spinning facts to suit their narrative, and spreading misleading info.

As for what Generations may or may not be about, team-ups between young and old counterparts sounds like exactly what I'd imagined. It doesn't take an inside scoop to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Ditto. Bringing back some of these heroes makes no sense given where their younger counterparts are right now.
    Yeah, while all the older heroes will be back eventually, there's no way they'd bring them all back permanently via this storyline. There's too much going on to chuck it all aside for the sake of bringing everyone back at once and stories like Tony's return, Bruce return, and so on should rightly play out in their own books. It wouldn't be serving the current plotlines in Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Wolverine and so on well to just have this event snap everything back "into place".
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 04-04-2017 at 09:12 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    After the latest fiasco with their badly written report causing a wildfire across the fandom, give me a reason why I should trust Bleeding Cool with anything anymore.

I'll second that opinion.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I'm mean it's probably the only way this story can happen.
    Edit: For example why do have an old version of Kamala teaming up with an old version version of Carol when Carol is right there? I was kinda cynical about it before only because I feel like Marvel was being funny about it.
    Last edited by Unspeakable Evil; 04-04-2017 at 09:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Good I hope this is what happens please leave mar-vell in the grave please.

I can honestly see wolverine returning from the dead and Tony stark coming out of his coma.

And I think Jason Aaron actually will slowly build up to odinson eventually becoming Thor again eventually.
    even hinting a Mar-vell return only further damages Carol as Captain Marvel. Even with the movie coming up I really don't see Carol as Captain Marvel 20 years from now, unless the movie does better than any female led genre movie ever. During the HEAT days, DC constantly using Hal Jordan as either Parallax or in flash back time travel form only made the opposition to Kyle as the one and only Green Lantern even greater, until well we know how that turned out. Carol is already having issues naturally attaining the positon Marvel wants her to have (it feels a bit forced), I can't see this helping it at all. To borrow a wrestling analogy, it is like bringing everyone's favorite wrestler out of retirement, to job to (lose to, put over) a wrestler, the bookers want to get over as a face (hero/fan favorite) but the fans don't like. It only makes them boo that wrestler more. Very close to the Roman Reigns/Undertaker scenario currently playing out.

For me and not trying to start a fight, I feel that if put up to a vote the classic character (in the Generations poster by Ross) would win every either or vote between their modern counterpart EXCEPT Carol. I feel both Mar-vell and the new Ms. Marvel would beat out Carol for both positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Anyway, if it is this, color me disappointed. Just makes Axel Alonso looks bad with how he oversold it. Not to mention a liar, since he specifically said it was not going to be an AU story.
    I wouldn't believe Axel Alonso if he told us that the sky is blue.

The only thing that I'll give him is that he seems to respect creators more than Dan Didio.

This sounds dumb. Secret Empire seems more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post

I actually think that Bleeding Cool is pretty valueable, regardless of what many creators that I love think. They are free agents, and as long as they don't spoil the comics I'm reading, I'm good. This isn't really a spoiler, more like adjusting people's expectations to what this actually is. I never expected or wished Mar-Vell to be back. But if Marvel had somewhat of a crazy plan for it, it could be cool. The way I see it, Bleeding Cool does the dirty job that most of the usual venues don't: they put the light on stuff that aren't fluffy pieces. Bleeding Cool's fault on the whole Marvel Retailer Summit was simply quote what other comic book site - that Marvel Comics invited to their headquarters mind you, ICV2.com - and shared to a bigger audience. Not only Bleeding Cool quoted what Marvel said there, Variety, one of the most respectable entertainment trades just made an article about this this morning. Regardless what Marvel or DC fanboys think, I think that's valueable. I'm not a fan of killing the messenger when I don't like the message.
    Pull list: