Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    This isn't Jean, like at all. She reads like a generic teen character lacking the grace and maturity of the original. I'll pass on this book.
    She's growing up in 2017, not 1963. What do you expect?

and you posted a scan of adult Jean, not Jean as a kid. She has time to grow into her maturity.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

liking that phoenix memorie !
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Don't forget how he wrote her in X-Men Season One. Which I thought was one of the best interpretations of the O5 (besides X-Factor and All-New X-Men),
    That's what had me most optomistic for this series. I LOVE Hopeless' interpretation of teen Jean.

BANNED

Looks decent. Want to see the Rachel crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    MidTown comics is always a safe bet, but some variants can be quite pricey.
    I checked the app but don't see any variants for jean' s book available.

How long before a book comes out do they go up for sale ?
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

This looks very promising and I am looking forward to this book!

Fantastic Member

Looks good. I'm not completely sold on Ibanez. It's like he's inconsistent even from panel to panel. It's hard to gauge what the quality really is. It's starts off strong but the quality seems to dip as the pages go on. Strange.

Anyways, I like the little Phoenix in her title name. Nice touch. That fifth variant cover is some of the laziest work I've seen. Is that the X-Men Blue corner box writ large? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    True but hopefully with the addition of Rachel at least show this positive side of the entity.

Phoenix is a cosmic force that represents creation and destruction. This is not good or bad on a higher plane of interpretation.
    But in the mind of a teenage girl who's been told/shown that it makes her a mass murderer on a cosmic scale (I know, I know, but it's what she believes) and that it leads to her entire family being murdered as a misguided preventative measure, she's probably going to have zero fucks to give about balance and higher meaning. But yeah, that's probably part of the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    How does one attain variant cover copies? Is there a way to pre order one?
    Some can be ordered from online shops or directly from artists shops. I ordered the set for this one:

from here: https://krscomics.com/collections/variants

But check the prices first: they have the one by Stéphanie Hans but the price is very high compared to other online shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Some can be ordered from online shops or directly from artists shops. I ordered the set for this one:

from here: https://krscomics.com/collections/variants

But check the prices first: they have the one by Stéphanie Hans but the price is very high compared to other online shops.

Very nice !!
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I was hoping for the adult Jean. I guess for the younger readers this is ok. It's been a long time coming, so I hope Jean fans heavily support it.

That hair cut still makes Jean look SO dorky. Women can look good in short hair but not like that. Of course, if they are going to write Teen Jean as a kind of dorky and awkward teen then I'm ok.