Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Tom Taylor X-Position (4/4/17)

X-Position is up.

Ambaryerno has a question about Laura’s long lost family and their role in the book.

At long last Laura has finally gotten to reunite with her remaining family. Are we going to get to see more of Megan and Debbie in the future?

I really hope so. I wanted to give them a bit more at the end of “Enemy of the State II,” but there was a lot to pack in. Our original plan was to give them some time together straight away, but the “Immune” storyline has thrust us forward very quickly. I am very happy we’re able to have Megan and Debbie come out of hiding though, and provide some more family for Laura and Gabby… and Jonathan.

I will say Laura has other family in her life who may be appearing soon.

On the topic of upcoming guest stars, Ambaryerno has another Q.

Are there any other reunions we can look forward to? In particular the New X-Men, who she hasn’t really interacted with since “Second Coming.” She especially had close friendships with Mercury and Dust, but only briefly spoke with Dust after “AvX,” and hasn’t really shared panel time with Cessily at all since “New X-Men” ended. And of course the inevitable will we ever get to see Laura and Julian at least mend their friendship?

There are no plans just yet. I think I mentioned in another interview that the messiness of Laura and Julian’s break-up meant that, if they do come back together, it needs to not be a throwaway thing. If Hellion reappears in her life, it needs to be important.
    So sounds like we'll get some actual moments with Laura, Megan, and Debbie in the future. And I'm pretty sure that's a hint that Daken will be appearing, considering he's the only (acknowledged) family she has that's currently active (and I'm presuming he's not counting Generations).

Disappointed there's no plans for any of the NXM to appear right now, considering they were some of her best friends, but I do like that he takes the idea of Hellion appearing very seriously and that it needs to be a significant appearance.

I do wish CBR would use some of the harder questions in these things. He kind of touched on Laura's emotional state on Beau's question, but it still felt like dancing around the biggest concern people seem to have about the fallout of EotS2; That it's going to magically solve much of the inner turmoil that makes her such an engaging character.

I think between his answer there and some teasing he's given on Twitter, it's looking good that we will see Daken soonish.

I'm glad he answered my question but I don't think I really liked the answer. EOTSII already felt like it was just a checklist of nasty things from her past that were just sent to file in a largely unsatisfying way. That answer to me just kind of confirms that was the intent. Free Laura from her past and then forget about it. Not sad that Kimura and the trigger scent are gone but the way it was handled and that there's not going to be any long term consequences seems like a waste.

Also re: Julian, he's said as much before. Glad he's paid in some thought. I'm a little concerned about how he interprets their relationship though. He seems to interpret it that they were a couple that broke up and that's not really what actually happened.
    Last edited by Beaubier; 04-04-2017 at 12:55 PM.

So how many times Amb have you asked about Julian and Laura? i think this is the 6th time lol xp
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

No Hellion please

One of my questions were answered.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

BANNED

Someone feel free to correct me. But I got the impression that the TS is gone due to Teen Jean's telepathy. How is that possible, if Emma couldn't dislodge it and she's a more powerful telepath than Teen Jean?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Someone feel free to correct me. But I got the impression that the TS is gone due to Teen Jean's telepathy. How is that possible, if Emma couldn't dislodge it and she's a more powerful telepath than Teen Jean?
    Simple:

Jean is a more powerful telepath than Emma Frost. She is the premiere telepath in the Marvel universe.

Also, let's be real, Emma didn't want to actually get rid of it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Pretty simple, really: Emma couldn't see what happened in Laura's head when she was under the effects of the trigger scent. Even Jean herself needed to put her under it before she could fix it, and samples aren't exactly readily available. Once Jean was able to actually see how the trigger affected her consciousness, it was a rather simple matter to undo the conditioning. Presumably Emma could have done the same as well, but she never had access to a sample of the trigger to do it.

And let's be honest, given their history of animosity, (shame it was never addressed in ANXM Vol. 1 that Laura more or less threatened to kill Emma if she ever saw her again after the Avengers Academy tie-in to AvX, considering she was staying in a facility WITH her) I doubt she'd have let Emma poke around inside her skull any way. As it was, it took a bit of convincing on Gabby's part to get her to agree to the plan at all.

The other answers to this question are just rationalizing something that doesn't really make sense. The true answer is simple: Taylor wanted it gone, and he wanted it gone quickly and easily.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I think between his answer there and some teasing he's given on Twitter, it's looking good that we will see Daken soonish.

I'm glad he answered my question but I don't think I really liked the answer. EOTSII already felt like it was just a checklist of nasty things from her past that were just sent to file in a largely unsatisfying way. That answer to me just kind of confirms that was the intent. Free Laura from her past and then forget about it. Not sad that Kimura and the trigger scent are gone but the way it was handled and that there's not going to be any long term consequences seems like a waste.

Also re: Julian, he's said as much before. Glad he's paid in some thought. I'm a little concerned about how he interprets their relationship though. He seems to interpret it that they were a couple that broke up and that's not really what actually happened.
    i personally dont think it was unsatisfying. there was only one way to get rid of Kimura. and she did. as for the trigger scent, im glad too. if it stayed then shed always get affected rinse and repeat. and i also think shell be affected.we could see her aginizing over killing Kimura but in fine with moving on. as long as megan and Debbie show up alot ill be happy
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    The other answers to this question are just rationalizing something that doesn't really make sense. The true answer is simple: Taylor wanted it gone, and he wanted it gone quickly and easily.
    Pretty much this.

The last thing I'd want to see is Laura linger on Kimura's death. Taylor wanted to get those elements such as the Facility, Kimura, and Trigger Scent out of Laura's life so she can finally move forward. That was a main gripe of mine with Death of Wolverine. Logan, once again, gets dragged back into the Weapon X program to fight yet another scientist who hates him. It gets repetitive and downright boring which, besides the good art and last couple of pages, I found DOW to be. Seeing new characters, new villains, and a new direction sounds exactly like what a RessurXiOn series and an all-new Wolverine title should be.

Pretty gutted Taylor skipped right past Dust/Mercury in that Q to talk about Hellion. Man. I want to see them again and MAN is this the right book for them to pop up.

Hopefully that new villain teased can bring back the tone some people have felt the series is wanting in their accompanying storylines.

Well, back to the Mercury Falling arc with me then

Guggenheim likes Dust so I would t be shocked if she winds up wallpaper in Gold. He also likes Magma and we know she's in the new brotherhood. So I wouldn't be shocked if Dust appears in Gold down the line!

Guggenheim Q&A next week will be interesting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Guggenheim likes Dust so I would t be shocked if she winds up wallpaper in Gold. He also likes Magma and we know she's in the new brotherhood. So I wouldn't be shocked if Dust appears in Gold down the line!

Guggenheim Q&A next week will be interesting!!
    Hopefully he won't answer anything about Kurt.