Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

No more events is a huge plus. They disrupted the books and weren't all that interesting. Event burn out and they should only do them once every 3-5 years.

Honestly, I'd be shocked if there wasn't some big summer event in 2018 and 2019, considering you got two Avengers movies coming out each year and you'd think they'd want to capitalize off that.

That said, I could see them both being more like big crossovers (ala Monsters Unleashed) over a huge change the status quo event like the last 3 (Secret Wars, Civil War II, Secret Empire)

I'll believe it when I see it. I fear this might be too good to be true.
    Last edited by Magneto; 04-04-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Invincible Member

I agree with the skeptical folks. I have a hard time believing Marvel will go a whole year and half without an event.

I honestly also have a hard time believing Marvel will stick with this, but at the same time I could see them doubling-down on crossovers and family events to make-up the difference.

Skeptical but I'd be happy with this.
    You can still do the self contained crossovers, but the company wide stuff definitely needs both a breather and better planning.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, the kind of people that complain about it it would the same kind of people that think that AvX and IvX are not that bad.
    Considering Avengers Vs X-Men was easily my favourite Hero Vs Hero event by a landslide and generally one of my favourite events period I guess going by that logic I'll have to get ready to complain a lot, Muhahaha!

@topic: I'll believe it when I see it or rather not see it.
    Personally i am kinda indifferent about it all.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 04-04-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I agree with the skeptical folks. I have a hard time believing Marvel will go a whole year and half without an event.
    Keep in mind it's not without an event, it's without a line-wide major event. For example, I would be shocked if there isn't some kind of Al Ewing cosmic event with Ultimates, Royals, Rocket, and presumably books like Guardians as well. It's just not going to change the Marvel Universe forever.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Keep in mind it's not without an event, it's without a line-wide major event. For example, I would be shocked if there isn't some kind of Al Ewing cosmic event with Ultimates, Royals, Rocket, and presumably books like Guardians as well. It's just not going to change the Marvel Universe forever.
    God, I hope you're right. And I hope it does well, just so Ewing gets more attention.

Incredible Member

So does this mean I'm probably going to have to wait over a year for the FF to return.

I want one more event after Secret Empire. The return of Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    God, I hope you're right. And I hope it does well, just so Ewing gets more attention.
    I honestly believe the Fantastic Four are gonna return in one of Ewing's titles.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    lol nah

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    The question i want an answer for is why does he get to write so many books when he doesn't even sell?
    Because that's how a writer becomes more well known. Kicking Ewing off titles won't help credibility. Writing Avengers titles and Inhumans titles will spread his name out there. Plus, he's one of the only writers that actually pays attention to continuity without making it overbearing on new readers.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Death of Wolverine and Wolverines fit the mini-event pattern. Do you need it to be a line-wide book interrupting event just to bring him back? Note, I'd still prefer they wait more. To me, the original Jean Grey timeframe is the gold standard for how long they should wait to make sure it's meaningful.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Events were never the problem. Anytime there was an event they were almost always the best selling Marvel Comic that month.
    The two problems the events suffered from are:
    Delays for the last 2 issues usually culminating in them adding an extra issue which pushed the finale one to two months into what came after the events.
    The marketing teams spoiling or making the ending unnecessary to read because they were already over-promoting what came after. Which would also come saddled with a sweeping relaunch of numerous books in order to get that #1 issue boost even if they retained the same writer/artist team.

So really the main problem is they need to fire people like David Gabriel who have no idea what they are doing but sure are quick to blame everyone but themselves for why their sales are floundering.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I honestly believe the Fantastic Four are gonna return in one of Ewing's titles.
    I feel like the only way something that big could be handled is at the end of an event. I hate thinking that, but it's probably true.

Though I do think a cameo from the Richards' is highly likely to happen in one of his books at some point.