Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Old Man Logan #20: OML is an idiot.

OUT OF THE FRYING PAN…AND INTO NEW JERSEY! Trying to correct a mistake from his past, LOGAN has been forced to resort to teaming up with a past adversary! Will Logan learn to heed his friends’ warnings about mixing magic and time travel? Guest-starring MILES MORALES, SPIDER-MAN!
    OML's motivations in regard to (changes to) his past-future (or is it future-past) just continues to be confounding and contradictory whenever referenced in a story. This character is just hot mess masquerading as the classic, gruff, wise, samurai Canucklehead. The sooner he is written out of comics the better. Hope he doesn't end up a fixture like Cable did.

OML is an idiot. Poorly prepping for this time travel quest. Rationalizing this time travel quest. Getting involved like this with a time travel quest. Stealing form Dr.Strange. Asking Dr.Doom for help. Breaking Asmodeus out of prison. Choosing and trusting Asmodeus. And wouldn't OML be twice as experienced as Regular Logan would be not to be conned so shamefully??!!

Is the War of 1812 when Azrael Demon once cursed Logan that he could never die (long since expired)??!! How weird is it that his future spririt will be in his 1812 body - and they didn't really say that spirit would switch places which was the norm when Franklin sent Kitty in Future Past classic TPB.

Since when does Spider-Miles run point for The Raft security? Did I miss a crossover? His timing to show up is uncanny. And why does he have that mad on for Logan??!!

Please can someone cite all these supposed back issues where Asmodeus appeared to fight The Avengers??!!

Now Asmodeus knows ALL of OML's past and secrets??!! How's that not going to come back and bite the idiot in the butt?

http://www.cbr.com/old-man-logan-20/
    portrait_incredible.jpg

BANNED

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the trenchcoat wearing Millar reject. He's just a dumber, more angsty version of Wolverine(if you can imagine). Literally everything bad that happens to him is the result of his own stupidity.

X-23 and Sabretooth are much more interesting.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 04-04-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

This is a surprise why... i alredy cant stand him being on litteraly half of the xmen books while Laura the current wolverine who dosnet abuses forces beond her control for her own gain is stuck in her solo. And brealking a powerful magic use out of prison to fix his problem, how could he not think it would go wrong. I gurentee the stuff with mastro in thr next arc will be reviled to happen because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    This is a surprise why... i alredy cant stand him being on litteraly half of the xmen books while Laura the current wolverine who dosnet abuses forces beond her control for her own gain is stuck in her solo. And brealking a powerful magic use out of prison to fix his problem, how could he not think it would go wrong. I gurentee the stuff with mastro in thr next arc will be reviled to happen because of this.
    But he's not really doing this for personal gain, He's trying to save a baby he promised he'd look after on a horrible hellish world where anything could happen to it. And he just can't live with himself or find any sort of peace until he can assure the baby is safe. Sure his methods might be seen as bit extreme but after being turned down by every expert on time travel he didn't really any other options.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    OML's motivations in regard to (changes to) his past-future (or is it future-past) just continues to be confounding and contradictory whenever referenced in a story. This character is just hot mess masquerading as the classic, gruff, wise, samurai Canucklehead. The sooner he is written out of comics the better. Hope he doesn't end up a fixture like Cable did.

OML is an idiot. Poorly prepping for this time travel quest. Rationalizing this time travel quest. Getting involved like this with a time travel quest. Stealing form Dr.Strange. Asking Dr.Doom for help. Breaking Asmodeus out of prison. Choosing and trusting Asmodeus. And wouldn't OML be twice as experienced as Regular Logan would be not to be conned so shamefully??!!

Is the War of 1812 when Azrael Demon once cursed Logan that he could never die (long since expired)??!! How weird is it that his future spririt will be in his 1812 body - and they didn't really say that spirit would switch places which was the norm when Franklin sent Kitty in Future Past classic TPB.

Since when does Spider-Miles run point for The Raft security? Did I miss a crossover? His timing to show up is uncanny. And why does he have that mad on for Logan??!!

Please can someone cite all these supposed back issues where Asmodeus appeared to fight The Avengers??!!

Now Asmodeus knows ALL of OML's past and secrets??!! How's that not going to come back and bite the idiot in the butt?

http://www.cbr.com/old-man-logan-20/
    portrait_incredible.jpg
    tbe Azezel thing was 1917 noy in the 1800's
    X-Men Forever

Yes he is an idiot in this!! But I like this idiot. Shows how desperate he is in his sorrow for the baby he left behind! How deeply he cares! A very lovable idiot! And I am sure it backfires! But this is Logan!

The Wolverine effect when so many people write a character and you end up with inconsistencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of the trenchcoat wearing Millar reject. He's just a dumber, more angsty version of Wolverine(if you can imagine). Literally everything bad that happens to him is the result of his own stupidity.

X-23 and Sabretooth are much more interesting.
    So true. I mean, Mysterio brainwashing him into slaughtering the X-Men... His fault.
    Hulks killing his family, his fault.
    Villain Uprising, his fault.

BANNED

he's badass, cause he can

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    So true. I mean, Mysterio brainwashing him into slaughtering the X-Men... His fault.
    Logic has no place in crying about Wolverine.

This really, It's just annoying how people hate on a character they have no knowledge of whatsoever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    This really, It's just annoying how people hate on a character they have no knowledge of whatsoever.
    He still killed them, whether he was in control or not. He chose to have a family in a post apocalypse(wtf?) and chose to live in a domain ruled by psychopathic hulks. OML is a world class moron.

He still killed them, whether he was in control or not. He chose to have a family in a post apocalypse(wtf?) and chose to live in a domain ruled by psychopathic hulks. OML is a world class moron.
    You're acting like he killed the X-Men intentionally with the purpose of killing the people most close to him when he didn't. And yes he found love and had a family after being alone for who knows how many years how horrible of him (sarcasm if it wasn't obvious)

He thought that he was protecting the kids in the school, therefore he was so furious while fighting. After he noticed what he had done under Misterios influence he was totally broken! He punished himself and he withdraw himself from the world for a very long time until he met Maureen on a quest to punish himself further. She was the one who gave him a reason to live again!!!
    I do not believe that first kid was planned!
    He did not leave Maureen as she told him, that she was pregnant, he stayed with her! He took responsibility unlike others!!!! And he wanted to build a small world for Maureen and himself to live peacefully!! (Can be read in Lemiere's OML arcs Bordertown and The Last Ronin) Yes what a moron!!!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 04-05-2017 at 10:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    You're acting like he killed the X-Men intentionally with the purpose of killing the people most close to him when he didn't. And yes he found love and had a family after being alone for who knows how many years how horrible of him (sarcasm if it wasn't obvious)
    That scene was poorly written, and it made Logan look like a hotheaded fool. Also, it's both horrible and extremely selfish to bring children into a world that screwed up. What did those children get? A few short miserable years and a grisly death. Way to go, Wolvie. He should have lived the rest of his life alone in exile or joined a resistance group instead of wallowing in self pity and spreading his misery onto others.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    He thought that he was protecting the kids in the school, therefore he was so furious while fighting. After he noticed what he had done under Misterios influence he was totally broken! He punished himself and he withdraw himself from the world for a very long time until he met Maureen on a quest to punish himself further. She was the one who gave him a reason to live again!!!
    I do not believe that first kid was planned!
    He did not leave Maureen as she told him, that she was pregnant, he stayed with her! He took responsibility unlike others!!!! And he wanted to build a small world for Maureen and himself to live peacefully!! (Can be read in Lemiere's OML arcs Bordertown and The Last Ronin) Yes what a moron!!!
    Abortion is a thing. Hmm, how did that small, peaceful world turn out?