With Marvel's announcement that they are stopping major events for 18 months after Secret Empire, what else do you think they should change, in order to see their comics improve. My suggestions are more about improving the quality of the comics, IMO, and less about increasing sales. Because I really don't care how a book is selling, I just want to read good comics.

1. Stop all events, not just major ones. No crossovers, nothing of the sort, for the 18 month period (my initial thought was 24 months, but 18 is better thanI ever thought we'd see). Let the writers just concentrate on telling their own stories, without getting caught up in status quo changing events and "blockbuster" stories.

2. While we're stopping events, also stop all 0 issues, .1 (or .anything) issues or Prime, Alpha & Omega, or anything of the sort. Just keep things simple for the 18 month period. If they want to have an extra sized issue make it an Annual. And Annuals should be 1 per year, per book, and be reserved for either a big payoff to a storyline, or starting a new storyline. Annuals should also be by the main series creative team, or at least the regular writer, with a big name artist. Don't just use the book to dump a bunch of extra short stories out and charge us more. If there has to be a back up story, only one, no more.

3. Keep the price consistent. I'd like to see a price decrease, but I know that is unlikely. No extra dollar for the first issue or last issue or extra sized issues (no extra sized issues). And certainly no more of the $10 issues that are typically stuffed with filler stories of no consequence. And no Deadpool crossover-all-in-one-issue comics either. That's just a cheat around rule #1.

4. No character should have more than one book at a time, no team should have more than two. No character should be on more than one team at a time either (Teen Cyclops, really? No one is clamoring to see him. The only clamoring he inspires is for him, and the rest of the teen O5, to get out of the 616). Stop diluting the characters and concepts.

5. Less editorial interference and more editors just doing their job. Stop having editors decide what the direction of the MU is supposed to be and then the writers write around that. Just let the writers tell the bet stories they can, and have the editors tell them when the story doesn't make sense, or the characters are being used wrong, and work with the writers to fix it. The editors should be experts on continuity and characterization, and let the writers know when their stories aren't making sense within the context of the MU, not dictate what the story should be.

6. This is less of a problem than it used to be, but stop writing for the trade, and just write out decent stories no matter how long or short they might be, even if it's only one issue. Totally Awesome Hulk is a victim of stories being padded out right now. Tighten up the story telling so that the readers are getting more story for their dollar.

7. Stop the renumbering/relaunching. I don't like the idea of going back to old numbering either. Just let the books continue, even when there is a new direction or creative team. Same way the did for over 4 decades. Stop trying for that relaunch sales boost (which inevitably sags back to where is was before the relaunch, or lower) and just let the comics speak for themselves. And this applies not just to direct relaunches like Amazing Spider-Man vol X to Amazing Spider-Man vol X+1, but also to things like New Avengers to U.S.Avengers. The direction of the book changes, not the title.

That's all I can think of for now. Feel free to add your own or comment on mine.