Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    remember when stories and plotlines went on for years? that's storytelling. think how how long it took for the hints about Wanda and Pietros parentage took to role out, or the Hellfire club, it originally bugged the mansion years before the HC actually appeared. great stories take time to develop.
    That type of story telling happened stopped when they decided to just plan the events.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They do exist. They're just not in Earth-616 right now. Your idea is impossible as a retcon. What you suggested required a reboot. Hence, like I said, it's only good for an AU.
    "What else should Marvel change?" it's what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm not a fan of Sue as a scientist. I do think she's an extremely intelligent woman, but the aspect of her raising Johnny and sacrificing that part of her life to raise her brother is an important part of her history to me. Now, that's not to say that Sue couldn't have gotten a degree or potentially even a doctorate during her early FF days. I'd be behind that retcon, But making Sue ANOTHER scientist? Sorry, I'm not there. There are other areas she could get into. A psych or a counseling field could work. Sue's brilliant. The fact that Reed's not bored by her tells me that. It's the combination of her brains and caring (and looks, too OK?) that Reed admires.

As for the kids, bring them back from Secret Wars 15 and 10 years old. Val at three should have been played like Stewie Griffin featuring brilliance interspaced with signs of her being in a toddler's body. We've had a few long periods with the FF (Fraction's year as well as the Eight Months Later skip). Val was probably 5 going into SW. Plus she's drawn as if she was 10 much of the time anyway.
    whichever. I used the academician because of her turn as a teacher in Marvel Knights 4. I like the idea of her teaching and being an educated person. I don't need her to be a scientist. psychologist would be great. I'm not sure how it ties into her powers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I agree on the scientist thing. I think the role of a doctor would avoid this. I also think that was part of the problem with the Ultimate universe. They should of not made her genius, as she would always be overshadowed by Reed.

I agree with aging them, but I'd make Franklin 13 and Val 7. Those ages seem to really great for child characters in cartoons and other things.
    she was a physician in that small alternate reality Abraxas showed them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    remember when stories and plotlines went on for years? that's storytelling. think how how long it took for the hints about Wanda and Pietros parentage took to role out, or the Hellfire club, it originally bugged the mansion years before the HC actually appeared. great stories take time to develop.
    For the most part fans these days want instant gratification and stories are catered towards trades now.

The only thing I want them to announce is that they'll stop using only a limited number of characters each years and will instead exploit the whole toybox.

I don't want a reboot, but if they ever make one, I'd want them to turn the Marvel Universe into something like MC2 (but not MC2, that was terrible).
    Heroes from the 60s and 70s would have aged and most of them would be retired or MIA. (like Hank and Janet in the MCU)
    Some younger heroes like the New Mutants, the New Warriors, Darkhawk, etc. would be the current adult heroes.
    Characters from New X-Men, Champions, Avengers Academy would be the young generation.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Guys, how does the number on the front of the comic affect the quality of the content within?

Extraordinary Member

1: Slow down events, and make them mean something
    2: Give titles more of a chance to flesh out
    3: No more annuals, not needed
    4: Make the current and main universe clearer
    5: Bring back the F4 in a truly dramatic fashion. They deserve it.
    6: No more heroes vs. heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the next time we see Susan Richards, she should be a biologist or an academician. I feel like this is the missing part of the equation; that is the First Family. they should all have a background in the sciences or exploration, in some way. Johnny's a gearhead. Reed's a super genius and explorer. Ben could have followed up his time in the military as a guide of some sort (piloting people to remote locations and/or providing protection). and Sue could have been a researcher. I think it's a small update that might make the Fantastic Four a little more engaging. the nuclear family just isn't as attractive as it used to be (plus the Incredibles did it better). I might also suggest making Franklin and Val twins (and ignoring the magical underpinnings of Val's birth).
    Wasn't she doing undersea archeology stuff not so long ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Wasn't she doing undersea archeology stuff not so long ago?
    Namor approves this metaphor.

namor-creepy-smile.jpg

Marvel should clean house on editorial. I don't mind taking risks continuity wise, but characterizations have been all over the place. Look at all the directions Moon Knight and Captain Marvel have been pulled in the last decade. Feels like every volume is a different character. Some consistency would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Namor approves this metaphor.

namor-creepy-smile.jpg
    Ha
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Put the X-Men in their own reality so the minority allegory actually works instead of continuing to be a dumb plot hole.

They're already doing less events and putting digital codes back on single issues, so I'm pretty happy.

Amazing Member

whichever. I used the academician because of her turn as a teacher in Marvel Knights 4. I like the idea of her teaching and being an educated person. I don't need her to be a scientist. psychologist would be great. I'm not sure how it ties into her powers, though.
    MK4 actually had the FF in very intelligent and logical roles after they went broke. I really enjoyed pretty much that entire run, though I've forgotten some aspects of it. Whatever happened to her teaching gig? And Ben's unexpected millionaire status?

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Plan stories out past at least two years. Titles have seemed in the past like there wasn't long a long term plan. .DCs titles seem planned out. Get the work in the can early like the old days. The titles were more consistent back in the day. When the most of the work is done then release the titles.
    You should try reading Mighty Thor, that has some great long term storylines. Aaron definitely has a long term plan. Of course, you then end up with people complaining because they're not being spoon fed answers right away.

she was a physician in that small alternate reality Abraxas showed them.
    There has been other instances where she is either in that role (Ultimate comics) or doing something related to it, SHIELD 2014 #4 where se was guided to do surgery with her force fields and there's this infamous scene:

With the amount of times it's been done in some shape or form, I think a writer just needs to pull the trigger and make it her role on the team and career.
    It makes sense, suits the character, and has sufficient motivation with her father being a surgeon following in his footsteps. It should be done.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!