Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Yeah I definitely don't think any of the other Supers should be more powerful than the big man himself, 10 years old or not. If that's the case Superboy needs to stay on that healthy diet of nerf milk. I have mixed feelings about him being able to fly so soon since I like Clark starting out on golden age power levels. Only reason I'm mostly ok with it is that Clark had to figure his powers out himself and Jon can get answers from his pops. Don't much care for Cass Cain or Dick Grayson being better fighters than Bats either.

Quote Originally Posted by stephtanner View Post
    Yeah, I'm not going to have a cow over the revelation about Jon's power levels. I mean, so what? What good is having vast power when you are not wise and mature enough to wield it properly. Jon is a 10 yr old boy who got his ear pulled by his mom. Supes is a man. Big difference.

There's some irony that Superman himself wouldn't mind Jon being more powerful. Fathers usually dream of being proud papas one day when their sons surpass their own achievements. I can't imagine this happening though because as Lois said in the Son of Superman arc, there is only one Superman and there is no one quite like him. Jon will be amazing in his own way.

I really enjoyed this issue. The family dynamics are on-point once again. The Hamilton scenery was beautiful. The Super fam and Bat fam sitting together in the Kent kitchen eating apple pie while in full costume was a surreal scene and very enjoyable. Batman doing detective work in a rural setting was fun. I also found it strangely delightful that he was taken down by the milk of some mutant cow. Haha. Only in comics.

And damn you, Jon, for spoiling Super Sons #3. But Damian's appearance in this issue makes up for it. These two are a hoot.
    I particularly enjoyed the Bats lurking in the Barn like raccoons and good ole Lois bursting them with the torchlight. They really have zero concept how people behave. I mean what's wrong with just walking up to the front door and knocking.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    The "secret weapon" and all .

To be honest, I don't feel that this is something worth worrying about, so what if Jon/Kara/Kon have potential, he's still a ten year old. Damian was vastly superior to Dick and Jason when they were his age.
    I think the difference here is batman is implying Jon should be more powerful than Superman at the age he is right now, not when he gets older.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think the difference here is batman is implying Jon should be more powerful than Superman at the age he is right now, not when he gets older.
    I think that what might happen here it's that once he stops drinking the milk, should get super OP but instead it might affect his body since he wouldn't be conditioned for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Is this really confirmed? I've always wondered if Atlanteans are all Aquaman-level or if he's just special and why. As far as I remember, Pre-Flashpoint Aquaman was full Atlantean.
    Nope Pre-flashpoint Aquaman is a half human Hybrid as well. Same with Aqualad(Jackson Hyde) and he already shows signs of being a heavy hiitter outside of having magic powers also. Human Hybrids(If naturally birthed) tend to be on the high end of the power scale in the DC universe. Its one of the reasons why alot of aliens abduct people or experiment on them, Humanities Metagene is incredibly inticing to alot of the alien races out there. We already know the Dominators and a few Green lanturn space villians are very interested in how to recreate it. Humanity is really weak but the metagene is our edge on other races natural superiority.

The "secret weapon" and all .

To be honest, I don't feel that this is something worth worrying about, so what if Jon/Kara/Kon have potential, he's still a ten year old. Damian was vastly superior to Dick and Jason when they were his age.
    Damian is vastly superior to Bruce when he was at his age and I don't think that's a big deal nor does it play much of a part in anything. Heck Damian is better than current Bruce at tech and mechanic and that rarely plays into anything.

This isn't going to change things and no he will not be taking on DR Manhattan at least I really hope not.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Is this really confirmed? I've always wondered if Atlanteans are all Aquaman-level or if he's just special and why. As far as I remember, Pre-Flashpoint Aquaman was full Atlantean.
    Aquaman has always been half atlantean.

And was shown to be stronger and more durable and have the telepathy back in the olden days before regular atlanteans were shown to more then just basehuman that could live underwater

BANNED

I think that what might happen here it's that once he stops drinking the milk, should get super OP but instead it might affect his body since he wouldn't be conditioned for it.
    Yeah his powers could quickly outgrow his body because his current body did not grow up with his powers properly so his physique can not contain them properly. he is most likely gonna have to painfully train himself with his powers so his body can handle it and not kill him by over drawing it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Nope Pre-flashpoint Aquaman is a half human Hybrid as well. Same with Aqualad(Jackson Hyde) and he already shows signs of being a heavy hiitter outside of having magic powers also. Human Hybrids(If naturally birthed) tend to be on the high end of the power scale in the DC universe. Its one of the reasons why alot of aliens abduct people or experiment on them, Humanities Metagene is incredibly inticing to alot of the alien races out there. We already know the Dominators and a few Green lanturn space villians are very interested in how to recreate it. Humanity is really weak but the metagene is our edge on other races natural superiority.
    I was really sure that the origin of the Pre-Flashpoint (Post-Crisis) Aquaman was that he was the son of Queen Atlanna and the wizard Atlan, and he was cast away from Atlantis because of his blonde hair. He even had an Atlantean name and all: Orin. He was adopted by Arthur Curry. He was essentially underwater Superman.

I hate to bring up something Scott Lobdell said since I'm no fan of Lobdell but when he was asked about whether Superman or Supergirl was more powerful, he said it was like comparing the strength of a teenage girl with that of an adult male. Similarly, an adult man should be a helluva lot more powerful than a 10 year child regardless of how much Gohaning you want to do. Still, that bit only dropped a 4.5-5 star issue down to a 4 star issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I hate to bring up something Scott Lobdell said since I'm no fan of Lobdell but when he was asked about whether Superman or Supergirl was more powerful, he said it was like comparing the strength of a teenage girl with that of an adult male. Similarly, an adult man should be a helluva lot more powerful than a 10 year child regardless of how much Gohaning you want to do. Still, that bit only dropped a 4.5-5 star issue down to a 4 star issue.
    Well tbh, Gohan had the potential to be stronger than Goku and "definitive" Gohan from the Boo Saga is stronger than Goku SSJ3. But as I said, I don't think it's something worth worrying about. I think that Tomasi/Gleason bought it up because in the future there will be enemies attempting to get Jon's hidden power or something.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Mera was shown trading blows with Superman though it didn't really hurt him a normal human strength wouldn't be able to do as much as she did.

Well tbh, Gohan had the potential to be stronger than Goku and "definitive" Gohan from the Boo Saga is stronger than Goku SSJ3. But as I said, I don't think it's something worth worrying about. I think that Tomasi/Gleason bought it up because in the future there will be enemies attempting to get Jon's hidden power or something.
    Oh it's not nearly enough to upset Tomasi and Gleason's pitch perfect Superman run for me. Everything else about this issue is superb. I'm just uneasy about Jon being more powerful than Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Mera was shown trading blows with Superman though it didn't really hurt him a normal human strength wouldn't be able to do as much as she did.
    Mera is also weird because she isn't normal also. She was born and bred to be a weapon of a prison colony against the Atlantian throne. Also She is a magical Warrior. Atlanteons are Natural 10-25 ton supers usually and that plus her magic and the extra shit Xebel did to her makes her hit above her weight class. She is also a bit of a glass Cannon because she can't take the same amount of damage she puts out.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm not really understanding the increased sodium on this. Scratch that, I intellectually understand this line of thinking from some sections of fans, but I still don't *get* it.

Superman will be the most powerful. Just like Reed will be the smartest. Yes, both of their kids have the power to be wildly more capable than they are. Val, Reed's daughter, is said to be approaching Reed's intellect while she's only like 4 or 5, and she'll only get smarter. Franklin--dear lord Franklin lol--the kid is a literal god. All of the ways Reed knows how to affect change in the universe around him, Franklin renders moot with just a though. His powers redefine and laugh at the very thing that makes Reed such a powerful and indelible force in the MU. But Reed is still very much the MU's answer to a bad situation. He was able to look a in the eyes of a being who had just recreated the universe and become it's god, and say "I could've done it better." Said person could only lash out in anger knowing that Reed "I make gods think twice" Richards was right. And his kids are still very much in awe of their dad and expect him to save the day.

Superman would be largely the same. Sure Jon can be more power than his dad, but that doesn't at all stop Clark from being the Mr. Fix It of the DCU. The idea that Superman's tomorrow (his son) is even brighter than he is, well that just makes good sense. It's an idea that Reed embraces yet remains the literal Mr. Fix It of the Marvel U. I fundamentally refuse the idea that Superman is such a petty and cheap concept that he becomes irreverent if his son is more capable than he is. It's absurd to think that Reed Richards can retain his status while having TWO kids that possibly dwarf him in capability.