Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Side note: Also, the only reason Goku is so much stronger than Gohan or Goten is because he wants to be. Neither of his sons are interested in fighting the way full bloods are, and no fighting = not increase in power for them. Even with the new godly transformation that Goku got, we see that a half blood can match and even surpass that power in the case of future Trunks in the Goku Black arc. To say that Goku is stronger than Gohan is to miss the fact that Gohan doesn't actually care. If he did then we'd be watching a slightly different show. But the point of Gohan not being interested is to highlight the fact that Goku isn't a normal person, and having dominating power isn't the point of him/his character or what makes him/his character so good. His drive to top himself is the main idea. Gohan may have greater power and talent, but since drive is the main factor, Goku is left stronger. That's one of the main point of DB after Goku lost his first tournament and learned the lesson that would define his character forever.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Its because of the human Metagene in the DC universe. All humans have it and its inert in about 80% of the population.5% have powers that can be considered Extremely strong. Its why Human Hybrids in the DC universe are usually stronger than their parents is because of an active metagene interacting with alien Physiology. Also Supergirl is another trope of the animal Kingdom in that Females of alot of Species tend to be stronger than their male conterparts, It just so happens that Female Krpytonians have a naturally higher capacity for solar radiation than the male counterparts.
    Interesting. Did DC put out a source saying this?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I particularly enjoyed the Bats lurking in the Barn like raccoons and good ole Lois bursting them with the torchlight. They really have zero concept how people behave.
    I think they do. I mean, Bruce Wayne is still holding and attending all those high society parties, right? I think he just puts on the cowl and becomes a different person- not literally, but in terms of his mindset and how he behaves. I'm pretty sure he knocked on the front door in the first issue of Trinity when he and Diana came to dinner with the then-Smiths, but that's because he was doing it as Bruce Wayne. As Damian said in this issue, Batman doesn't eat pie. I'll bet Bruce Wayne does, though.

BANNED

This is the lamest superman series i have ever read, jons the lamest legacy character ever and most fanfictiony one. This is literally my last superman book from rebirth im reading. Period. I tried to like this story and action, but the superman jr stuff is dostracting me from superman himself. Also lois is chichi no matter how you dress it up. She used to be supermans best supporting charactet as a single woman, but nope mom lois is barely a mcguffian for changing jons diapers.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Is this really confirmed? I've always wondered if Atlanteans are all Aquaman-level or if he's just special and why. As far as I remember, Pre-Flashpoint Aquaman was full Atlantean.
    I was going off the New 52 origin for this one where he has a human father but an Atlantean mother. It said something along the lines of his body has adapted to his mixed heritage by making him stronger than most Atlanteans. I may not be remembering exactly but it said something about how he is different because of that.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    The most I could see happening is there could be a flash forward where we see adult Jon as Supes in a possible future pulling off ridiculous silver age feats, but that's it.
    Yeah basically. And it's an arc/issue I greatly look forward to.

That said, I also anticipate some burst of crazy power from Jon while he's young. This seems to be what's going to happen during the Black Dawn arc where Jon's new power comes in, and they are a danger to Superman. But after this arc, I expect stability and nothing close to what the boy's powers will be in the future.

I was thinking about it today, and some people got in comments that kind of allude to this while I was doing other things, but just to sort of spell it out even more directly:

Upon reflection, I think the Lois going through the mailbox scene with her eyes welling up was about finally, after 10 years of living in hiding under a pseudonym, separated from her family and friends, she's Lois Lane Kent again, and the world knows her in the new timeline. She could go visit her father, or her sister. The people at the Daily Planet will remember her as she is now, for the most part. At least, that's the Lois Blue part.

I am not sure how to explain why Lois Red would react this way. Maybe she's just happy to no longer be living in Lana as red energy and to be receiving mail as a corporal human being? Maybe she's happy to be married to Clark? I think this was basically a Lois Blue moment. In theory, the New52 (or Red) Lois is part of the Reborn Lois, but I didn't see it in this issue, really, other than she looked younger and hotter, which is something, of course.

One interesting thing here continuity wise is that we now know that Reborn Superman and Reborn Lois are aware that there have been changes in their timeline. We don't know if they can remember all the Post-Crisis, New52, and Rebirth events as they originally occurred, or only remember this new timeline, but we do know that they know this isn't how things were last month. How much they remember is still in question, but they certainly know things are different than they were, and that it's retroactive.

Good to see Clark back in the glasses, at least in his basement. He still isn't wearing them while working on the farm.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    I think they do. I mean, Bruce Wayne is still holding and attending all those high society parties, right? I think he just puts on the cowl and becomes a different person- not literally, but in terms of his mindset and how he behaves. I'm pretty sure he knocked on the front door in the first issue of Trinity when he and Diana came to dinner with the then-Smiths, but that's because he was doing it as Bruce Wayne. As Damian said in this issue, Batman doesn't eat pie. I'll bet Bruce Wayne does, though.

Well, to be honest the owner of Wayne enterprises and his heir who are super rich aren't the definition of normal

Neither are an alien raised on earth and his hybrid son though

Know what? However far the Superman team goes with Jon's current and eventual powers, I wouldn't mind him getting low level 5th dimensional powers (which translate to high end 3rd dimensional powers). It's a little Franklin-y, but it's got a base in deep cuts Superman mythology. It's also alluded to or outright sated that Superman's bloodline will gain 5th dimensional powers. Unfortunately we were destined to never see the "hows" of the story, but maybe that's changed? Maybe during Superman Reborn Jon absorbed some residual power from Mxy when he hurt him?

Honestly, Jon flying on a cloud of his own creation next to his dad sounds pretty dope. Plus it plays in with the youth of the character, and it leaves more room for Mxy to come back. And Mxy could train Jon in those aspects of his powers almost like how Puck from Gargoyles trained Xanatos' kid. You'd also have to place some limits on the power for the sake of continued story with Jon, but that shouldn't be hard given the strange and arbitrary rules that 5D powers operate with.

Super doubt they'll go for it, but I think it'd be really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Side note: Also, the only reason Goku is so much stronger than Gohan or Goten is because he wants to be. Neither of his sons are interested in fighting the way full bloods are, and no fighting = not increase in power for them. Even with the new godly transformation that Goku got, we see that a half blood can match and even surpass that power in the case of future Trunks in the Goku Black arc. To say that Goku is stronger than Gohan is to miss the fact that Gohan doesn't actually care. If he did then we'd be watching a slightly different show. But the point of Gohan not being interested is to highlight the fact that Goku isn't a normal person, and having dominating power isn't the point of him/his character or what makes him/his character so good. His drive to top himself is the main idea. Gohan may have greater power and talent, but since drive is the main factor, Goku is left stronger. That's one of the main point of DB after Goku lost his first tournament and learned the lesson that would define his character forever.
    That's the in-story reason. At least it was Honestly its never even brought up anymore. Its all about Goku and Vegeta now without any mention of his sons' potential even if they did train as hard as he did. But I digress, the real reason Goku overtook Gohan again is that Toriyama planned for Gohan to essentially take over but the fans were having none of it. Reader demand forced his hand and made him put Goku back in the spotlight. It was Goku's story and they called Toriyama out on a bad idea. Same's gonna happen here. Now, I don't think the plan is for Jon to take over for Superman of course, but him being stronger permanently is not going to be well-received and will have to be back-tracked on.

As for the salt over it, its the whole idea. I mean, they're basically telling us that Superboy, as he is now, should be leagues stronger than Superman, as he is now. That's just insurmountably stupid, even if they don't actually show it at some point. Which I'm sure they will and that will be stupid too. I don't want Superman to remain stronger for reasons like "Oh he fights more' or "Oh he wants it more". He should be more powerful than his son just because that's how it is. He's the main guy, not his son. It should just be a natural fact that he's stronger than his son. It should just be a natural fact that he's the strongest hero in the verse. None of this potential "Oh Jon should be stronger if only" or "Jon would be stronger if not for" nonsense. Its insulting.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-05-2017 at 01:31 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Wasnt there a Goku poster in Supersons 1? Is a Superman X DBZ crossover coming soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Wasnt there a Goku poster in Supersons 1? Is a Superman X DBZ crossover coming soon?
    I think it was a Naruto one, Gleason and Tomasi seem fans of anime

I really like the book to focus on Superman not on his son.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Maybe when DiDio will get fired or loses interest in Jon. Be patient.

He'lll still get focus, but thanks to this development, not without constant reminders of Jon being better than him and/or constant calls to his potential. One or the other or both until this dumb idea is done away with. And who knows how long we'll have to wait for that.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El