Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Submit Your X-Position Questions For Marc Guggenheim

Next week, "X-Men Gold" writer Marc Guggenheim returns to X-POSITION to answer your questions. Have a question for Marc about Kitty's team of X-Men? Leave it right here in this very thread. But get 'em in quickly because the deadline's Friday! Make it happen!

BANNED

You got into a tiff on Twitter about Kitty's coded bisexuality. You said she was straight, but after evidence from other people you corrected yourself. So do you think Kitty's bisexuality is worth exploring and if so are you willing to do so yourself? I think it'd be really good for diversity's sake, especially since there's so few bisexual comic book characters, and you yourself admitted that Gold isn't the most diverse team around.

How are we supposed to feel about Colossus's feelings over Kitty? He's moved into her room when she left to get married and now he's hanging around her. Is this supposed to be romantic or creepy?

1.On the economic problem that they x-mansion has, whatever happen to the son Krakoa? during Wolverine and the x-men he produced diamonds to pay for any of the expenses.

2.Will you focus on the students and what they think about living in central park mean to them?

3.After the events of apocalypse war in extraordinary x-men Anole ended up looking too different as he used to be, i am wondering if you will touch on how he feel about this change and how his friends feel about his change ?, since the last time you wrote x-men you used Anole and had expressed that you liking his character.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    3.After the events of apocalypse war in extraordinary x-men Anole ended up looking too different as he used to be, i am wondering if you will touch on how he feel about this change and how his friends feel about his change ?, since the last time you wrote x-men you used Anole and had expressed that you liking his character.
    Of course, if you'd like to pretend it never happened, some of us would be OK with that too...

Hi mr guggenheim,

Any chances of dust(sooraya) or any of the mutants you wrote in the young x-men series showing up in the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Of course, if you'd like to pretend it never happened, some of us would be OK with that too...
    Just curious, tbh i am kinda fond of him, i am also okay if that subject is never touched again.

Can Old Man Logan get a better look than wearing Gambit's hand-me-down trench coat? Something a bit more functional or tactical looking. Doesn't have to be a costume per se. But no jacket please. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks in advance.

Spectacular Member

Mr. Guggenheim,

Will we see an exploration of Kitty's bisexuality in X-Men Gold? Claremont himself confirmed that it was his intent in multiple interviews for Kitty and Rachel to have been together during his original run on Excalibur, same goes for Kitty and Illyana in early New Mutants. Unfortunately, it was only left as subtext at the time. Can we expect for you to explore this aspect of Kitty's character, and finally make it canon after so many years of speculation? It would be a huge win for representation, of which is surely lacking in this book, as you yourself have said.

(1.)

Hi Mr. Guggenheim,

Kurt and Kitty have one of the best friendships in the marvel universe. I was wondering if you have any storylines planned for them in the future.

(2)

Mr. Guggenheim,

Loved X-Men Gold #1. Magma is one of my favorite characters. It's hard to believe she's now a villain. What made you decide to go this route with Amara?
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 04-05-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Can we please get an explanation as to why the person who physically moved the school to Central Park is no longer around even though this team includes her brother and best friend? I don't care that Magik isn't on the team. I just want an explanation as to why she isn't with Colossus and Kitty, like that she's gone off to help Sapna or Kitty gave her a different job to do. But it can't go without an in-universe explanation.

Any plans on using Magik in X-Men Gold? Both her brother, Colossus, & best friend, Kitty, are on the team. What happened to Illyana?

Considering some of the X-Men graduated, most of them seem to be heading out with other teams or ending up back at the school. One glaring problem is the missing members of the New X-Men. Especially Dust, who we haven't seen have an important role since Schism. I know you loved using Dust in Young X-Men so is there a chance we may see her soon in X-Men Gold??

Also, will we ever see Kitty and Rachel's relationship evolve? Especially since Claremont wanted to portray Rachel and Kitty's relationship as romantic.

Hello Mr Guggenheim!

1. What direction do you see taking the mutant metaphor? One of the reasons I love the X-Men/mutants is because they represent minorities and the idea of equality no matter who you are. I can see why you would want to explore the issue in a more modern way, given the current political climate, but I just hope that the book and its characters can still show readers that you can be different, proud of who you are whilst also being a hero.

2. Any plans in the future to use Lockheed in any serious way? That wonderful purple Dragon seems to have been missing from Kitty's life for far too long in my opinion...

3. Given how a part of Kitty's plan as leader seems to be making the X-Men into more recognizable heroes to the world, is there any plans to see the Gold team interact with the wider MU? Such as the Avengers, Defenders etc?
    Last edited by Valamist; 04-05-2017 at 08:11 PM.

All-New Member

I am very excited for this book and look forward to this new stage in X Men history. I am just wondering when we will get an active adult Black male member of the team, not a throw away character. Its good to see Bishop getting some attention over in Astonishing X Men. I see a lot of recycled characters but I remember the joy of reading X Men growing up was the new characters popping up and taking center stage. As a black male I always felt my favorite comic book lacked any one i can relate to.
    Also where is Dust! She has so much potential and with all the turmoil going on in the Arabic world she is such a ripe character for stories and her power set can be quite useful and has a lot of potential.

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Hello, Mr. Guggenheim!

Is there any chance some queer/LGBT+ characters will show up on the team as the title progresses?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.