Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I don't think they're pitting one team vs another anymore. ResurrXion seems to be back to separate teams, but all on good terms. X-men Gold and Gen X are out of the same facility, and X-men Blue are out on their own but not on adversarial terms with the others, and Weapon X seems to be a covert group assembled to destroy the new Weapon X.

BANNED

Mr. Guggenheim, great issue #1! Quality writing at it's best. Since you've clearly addressed issues of anti mutant apprehension from the general population has about mutants. Will you touch on some of the possible human failings behind it such as jealousy, insecurity and resentment? Thanks!
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-06-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I don't think they're pitting one team vs another anymore. ResurrXion seems to be back to separate teams, but all on good terms. X-men Gold and Gen X are out of the same facility, and X-men Blue are out on their own but not on adversarial terms with the others, and Weapon X seems to be a covert group assembled to destroy the new Weapon X.
    Which I love so much. After Schism, Avengers VS X-Men, Battle of the Atom, Bendis and Aaron's runs, Death of X, and Inhumans VS X-Men, it's really therapeutic to see the X-Men truly united and not in some stupid race war or extinction plot. That's really what I think the heart of RessurXiOn is, not even the "nostalgia" or "back to basics" factor.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I don't think anyway that there should be any resentment between OML and Kurt, since unlike AOA Kurt with his counterpart OML actually shares most of 616 Logan's history and memories likely including his friendship with Kurt. So there shouldn't really be any reason they shouldn't be close, especially considering both lost their versions of each other.
    I can see that, I just want to see it get brought up. So far, it's like they don't have any friendship, at all.

Gambit is my favorite character. What made you bring Gambit back to the x-men.
    Last edited by belay; 04-06-2017 at 10:08 PM.

Amazing Member

I am wondering if other members are making questions or questioning the writer (In many cases, by things that Guggenheim isn't any guilt). But okay, my questions:

1- What do you think about Amara Aquilla, exactly? I remember your Young X-men when she was treated as a dubious character and now she is as a member of Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. On the other hand, you revealed in "Bring the Bad Guys" interview that you sympathize with her. I'm not accusing you of anything, I just ask you to do a dissertation about Amara.

2- Why do you bring back Mesmero, and as leader of Brotherhood? And what happened to that prostitute that he had been involved in his last appearance?

3- Any plans to include new villains? Actually all the Marvel needs new villains, but especially the X-men.

4- About villains, what do think about the classic villians remaining? I ask why many of them already demonstrate antiheroic characteristics, so that it becomes increasingly difficult to use. It would be good to introduce a total villain to counterbalance.

With Gambit coming up to add to nostalgia levels... is Rogue on her way too?

Huge Sage fan here! She needs some screen time as well as your young x-men! That serie ended too early!

Dust anybody.. dust!!

Quote Originally Posted by JACKY JAWS View Post

Huge Sage fan here! She needs some screen time as well as your young x-men! That serie ended too early!

Dust anybody.. dust!!
    Gambit and Rogue are in Astonishing if you are looking though after UA22 I feel much fear for that book and him being there.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

No. I think you've got Kitty continuing the Xavier position, and then you have various factions of differing, more extreme viewpoints. We no longer need a bipolar world in terms of mutant ideological positions. My $.02.

I know that question wasn't directed at me, but just offering my opinion. Probably should be in another thread, though. Apologies...
    I agree that Kitty is taking on the Xavier role. You might be right that the X-Men universe is no longer split that cleanly, which I guess is why I was asking the question.

I'm not sure I phrased it well. Perhaps it would have been better to ask if Kitty would have an oppositional figure like Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Personally I want the X-line to go back to acting like a dysfunctional family that interacts with each other and has shared stories or plots instead of one team vs another vs another. This Post-Schism nonsense should have ended years ago. It's tiresome and has ruined storytelling for this line in my view.
    Oh, absolutely. Again, I'm not sure I phrased my question well. I said that making Wolverine and Cyclops the new Xavier/Magneto had 'mixed results,' which was the nicest way I knew to say I don't think the transition worked. So I had in mind a more clean hero/villain split, not Kitty fighting with an ally.

Essentially, I think Kitty could benefit from having a conflict as strong as the Xavier/Magneto one, a center of gravity that tends to suck all the mutants into the argument. But I'm curious what Marc thinks!

Anyway, I'm thrilled that the X-Men are back to being heroes fighting to protect a world that hates and fears them. It's the first time I've subscribed to X-books in over a decade.

BANNED

Mr Guggenheim, please tell the colorist that Storm's eyes are blue.

Also, why does the first issue look like Rachel is the most powerful in the team. Storm has hurt Silver Surfer and disintegrated Stardust before. Storm is considered a planet buster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JACKY JAWS View Post

Dust anybody.. dust!!
    I'm a Sage fan as well. I would have rather seen her on the roster instead of Rachel.

Spectacular Member

Colossus seems to be chosen for most X-Men lineups but really only gets used as a foil for Kitty or Magik's storylines (apart from when he is being evil or jobbing to characters you'd expect him to beat). Is there any chance we can see him develop as a character in personality and be more front and centre instead of just being a nice aesthetic on covers?