Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Savage Wolverine, #18

• In the 1960s southwest, Wolverine must defend a group of innocent workers from evil.
    • Meanwhile, in Dallas, an event will change the world.
    • Jen Van Meter (CAPTAIN MARVEL) and Rich Ellis (SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN) bring you a moment in history through the eyes of Wolverine.

Full article here.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

So hes alone somewhere passing through. Im guessing hes on time off from Team X then lol
    X-Men Forever

affable sidekick material ScruffyLovin's Avatar

I really love this book and it's gritty stories. Best Wolverine book out there right now.

This issue was hard for me to latch onto. (Hmmm, what does Manada even translate into?) At no point did the story, or art, grab my attention except for the part that they noted Kennedy. (Hmmm, in Marvel NOW the X-men Origin issue must have happened yeeears after the assassination, eh?) What was the whole rabble rousing conflict about anyways. What was the reason Canucklehead almost wiped out on his knucklehead in the fog looking for the motel? (Hmmm, is there really knucklehead bikes?) A quick Cliff Notes' of what the heck went on here would help me follow what happened. (Hmmm, are his claws supposed to be adamantium in 1963?) Such a boring cover. (Hmmm, a Simone story sounds intriguing for next ish.)

SAVWOLV2013018-DC11-f0cf1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    This issue was hard for me to latch onto. (Hmmm, what does Manada even translate into?) At no point did the story, or art, grab my attention except for the part that they noted Kennedy. (Hmmm, in Marvel NOW the X-men Origin issue must have happened yeeears after the assassination, eh?) What was the whole rabble rousing conflict about anyways. What was the reason Canucklehead almost wiped out on his knucklehead in the fog looking for the motel? (Hmmm, is there really knucklehead bikes?) A quick Cliff Notes' of what the heck went on here would help me follow what happened. (Hmmm, are his claws supposed to be adamantium in 1963?) Such a boring cover. (Hmmm, a Simone story sounds intriguing for next ish.)
    I'm with you, I was a bit lost in this issue.

BANNED

Manada means Pack

affable sidekick material ScruffyLovin's Avatar

"Manada" means "pack" or "herd," so the biker gang's name is "The Wolf Pack." Appropriate, no? ;P

And a Knucklehead is a Harley, "knucklehead" being the type of motor; some others are the panhead, flathead, etc.

I'm pretty sure Wolvie also laid out his bike on purpose, so the locals couldn't tell him to scram when he obviously wasn't able to leave. I think he wanted to know what was going on because of what he overheard from the guys in the bar.