Spectacular Member

Default Batman Night Cries

As with Crisis On Infinite Earths, ive missed this one and went back and re-done it for my read through, it still slots in any place I want on the website but obviously I know that it doesn't come after The Cult.

This is a difficult one for me. The first time I read it I thought it was pretty meh and sold it. I've heard a lot of good things from many about it but the online rankings on good reads and amazon paint it out to be pretty meh too.

Anyway I've re-read the book and have a slightly different opinion.

You can see my full thoughts on the link below.

Batman Night Cries Review

But to be honest Im more interested in what peoples feelings are towards it, it touches on a lot of dark issues and in my opinion doesn't deliver on them as awell as it could.

What do you think?
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

Batman Canon Read Through And Review

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon

To be honest, I never knew this was made as a graphic novel. Some time ago, perhaps 15 or 20 years (damn, getting old), I saw a copy of Night Cries at my local library but it was an actual novel. The only part illustrated was the cover. Or at least that is how I remember it.

I'm going to check out your review and try to track this puppy down. Thank you for the theead!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Spectacular Member

yeah it is worth picking up to be honest, originally I had the score down as a 7 but its one of those that stays with you for a while after you've read it so I bumped the score up, might even go up another notch in a couple of weeks depending on how I look back on it.
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon

I've only read it the once and it was definitely "meh" for me.

Spectacular Member

honestly I recommend another read, if you can get your hands on it, it's still really moody and gothic

Deffinition Patreon

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I love Night Cries. Not something I'll read every week, but it looks fantastic, the characterizations are solid, and it's one of the smarter focuses on James Gordon.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)