Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default HellBoy & The B.P.R.D SDCC announcement

Check this out guys. I'm buzzing for this.

http://shelf-life.ew.com/2014/07/08/...creators-past/

This is awesome. I assume we'll finally get to see some of these stories of Hellboy and the Professor working together

Lookin' great.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Is this the unannounced series thats been teased for so long?

Quote Originally Posted by mscorley View Post
    Good question… Scott Allie posted this teaser image on twitter on July 4th.

Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 11.29.20 AM.jpg

Not much help really. I know the article on HELLBOY & THE BPRD says that Alex Maleev will be doing covers and interior art. It could be the Mike is doing a promo image for it, or it could be something completely different.

Either way… Alex Maleev on a Hellboy book is an amazing score for the Mignolaverse. His run on Daredevil was a thing to behold. This is going to be something special...
    Last edited by Storey; 07-08-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Spectacular Member

Getting Maleev on Hellboy is a huge win for Dark Horse.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandGunner View Post
    Getting Maleev on Hellboy is a huge win for Dark Horse.
    To my knowledge Dark Horse already "got him" working on such stuff as Aliens VS Predator, as well as Hellboy: Weird Tales.

Plus I'd say Dark Horse has been the forefront to quality comics pretty much, over the last twenty years. So I'd say the Bulgarian mister Maleev does well with taking on this job.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Hard to tell, but could that be Stegner on the right of the cover? Could easily be someone new, but he's kinda got the nose

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    Hard to tell, but could that be Stegner on the right of the cover? Could easily be someone new, but he's kinda got the nose
    Looks like Stegner to me.

Here's an interview with Alex Maleev on Nerdist.

And here's the solicitation:

HELLBOY AND THE B.P.R.D. #1
    Written by: Mike Mignola with John Arcudi
    Art by: Alexander Maleev

On sale 3 December, 2014

A bizarre series of murders and rumors of something worse lead Professor Bruttenholm to send a young Hellboy to a Brazilian village on his first mission. Hellboy and a small group of agents uncover something terrible in the shadows of a sixteenth-century Portuguese fortress . . .
    Last edited by middenway; 07-08-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Storey View Post
    Good question… Scott Allie posted this teaser image on twitter on July 4th.

Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 11.29.20 AM.jpg

Not much help really. I know the article on HELLBOY & THE BPRD says that Alex Maleev will be doing covers and interior art. It could be the Mike is doing a promo image for it, or it could be something completely different.

Either way… Alex Maleev on a Hellboy book is an amazing score for the Mignolaverse. His run on Daredevil was a thing to behold. This is going to be something special...
    The Nerdist interview says Alex Maleev is doing the covers, although maybe Mike Mignola did a variant cover. I've no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mscorley View Post
    It certainly seems like it. All the clues fit.
    Last edited by middenway; 07-08-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Oh, my god! This is exactly what I wanted. I love the books as they are now, but with Hellboy and BPRD so separated I've always wanted to see the promise of those early stories: Hellboy as the team book it was originally envisioned as.

Maybe an eventual story set in the early '90s with the original HB/Abe/Liz team? ... Please?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Oh, my god! This is exactly what I wanted. I love the books as they are now, but with Hellboy and BPRD so separated I've always wanted to see the promise of those early stories: Hellboy as the team book it was originally envisioned as.

Maybe an eventual story set in the early '90s with the original HB/Abe/Liz team? ... Please?
    My dearest wish is something set in the early 80s with brand-new Liz and Abe and seasoned vet Hellboy leading the team... :')

Quote Originally Posted by cantide View Post
    My dearest wish is something set in the early 80s with brand-new Liz and Abe and seasoned vet Hellboy leading the team... :')
    Hell, throw in some occasional appearances from the supporting cast too like Waller, Clarke, Raskin, O'Donnell, Vaughn... The possibilities of this series are enormous. It can go to any era. How about a young Manning?

The single most exciting thing about this for me: seeing Hellboy in the field with professor Bruttenholm. YES. I can't wait to see it.
    Last edited by middenway; 07-08-2014 at 09:15 PM.

I wonder if the series will be collected in the Hellboy Library Editions eventually. That'd be cool.