Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-New Member

Amazing news, there's a wealth of stories waiting to be told here! More Simon Anders? More Stegner? Hellboy's first field mission, his humanity being officially recognized by the UN, Malcolm Frost.

RE: Middenway's ideas - I've been waiting a long time to hear more about Manning for a long time. How did he become involved, was he ever a field agent? How did the BPRD change from being Broom's show to being the more formal entity we know it as now. What was the catalyst?

Also been hoping Bud Waller would appear in a flashback story or two for a long time now!

Amazing Member

This sounds brilliant! Probably an excellent jumping on point for newbies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas UK View Post
    Amazing news, there's a wealth of stories waiting to be told here! More Simon Anders? More Stegner? Hellboy's first field mission, his humanity being officially recognized by the UN, Malcolm Frost.
    No Simon Andres. He left BPRD in 1948 and went to the different dimension.

I would be looking forward to seeing Liz coming to live with the Bureau, at the age of eleven if I'm not mistaken. And any of her being difficult.

African travels, or any such, either with or without Bruttenholm.

Pretty sure I'd be eating it all up, as any seafood or garlic-flavored stuff. Although not if you count any garlic-flavored rocks or debris from the sea.

But aside of all that I feel I could be enticed by any story matter as proving potentially revealing or profound towards any of the overall Mignolaverse-themology or narratives, to whatèver degree.
    Be it onto splendid teamwork or pending doom, or anything in between. For me it would ALL be to connect as proving part of things, as SEEMING casual or not, from Hellboy to the BPRD to Witchfinder and Lobster Johnson, both as even Hellboy Junior in ways.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 07-13-2014 at 10:33 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Does anyone know if this is a mini-series or ongoing?
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    Well, from what I know only the most current and specifically numbered both as cyclically titled BPRD issues or arcs ("B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth #123")

would be specified as being ongoing, plus this would appear next in line to BPRD: 1946 - 1948 plus BPRD: Vampire,

so I would expect it to be a mini.

Although the article clearly announces it as being a "new series", without actually stipulating whether it would be an ongoing or not.

(Although even as a series of mini's, it could be in line with more sequential books as forming a chronology counting all the way onto fitting along

with the other Hellboy and Hellverse books, which could mean as spanning the whole of the BPRD's history and present more or less.

Like an ongoing as one mini or book at a time?)
    Last edited by Kees_L; 07-13-2014 at 01:58 PM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    It's a five-issue miniseries.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    No Simon Andres. He left BPRD in 1948 and went to the different dimension.
    Who says I meant as a member of the BPRD? That story is still un-resolved/ongoing, although I expect its beign left for Moon & Ba to do most of the big, story resolving things with Anders, he's still an active part of the universe in the 1950's as far as we know and references to him have slipped in to other titles all ready!